What did you dream of last night?

Simple and quick : I got divinity.

Last night I had another one which may be of interest. I was duelling a knight in a forest pass, armed only with a pale green orb about the size of a melon (it is unclear how I was supposed to ‘use’ this orb). The knight (who had long, black hair) was armed with a gold-plated queen conch shell. Suddenly he utters a word and the gold plated conch becomes the maul at the end of a mace.

The dream abruptly switches here (I suspect I got conched into another dimension, but this is vaguely related in theme so I’ll mention it). Now I am running across the battlements of a castle. The castle is swarming with people who I take for tourists. Across the quadrangular courtyard I spot someone I recognise from my reenactment group. He smiles and holds up a large cube of dark wood. He removes the leather padding from the top of the cube, and suddenly it becomes a massive dice, each face carved with elaborate celtic knot patterns. Possibly the primary function of this object is a sort of chair or stool. I remember thinking: ‘Shoot, I’ve gone the wrong way about the castle walls’.

what did the celtic patterns look like?, and did they have any meaning?.
just asking questions here.

I remember they were pretty symmetrical and fitted the square face of the cube quite perfectly. Sadly I don’t recall the precise details (nor am I certain there were any) - and I didn’t ascribe any significant meaning to them at the time :slight_smile:

Dang, why do you have cool dreams? XD

Also, do any of you wish this was an actual thing? I was thinking about this poem I’d come across as a young lad.

Oddly specific. But pretty neat.
Speaking of, anyone here have recurring dreams? Or at least areas that frequently come up or similar

For a few months I would have dreams about waking up at 3 am and eating shredded cheese from my fridge every 2 or 3 weeks, this was during my entire first semester of my senior year

Last night, I dreamt that I watched Chicago (never said the name, but I saw the sears tower) get destroyed by a very pissed, um uhh… Josuke Higashikata, master of all 4 elements (Before going to sleep I had an extended conversation as to why the Netflix Avatar was going to be terrible, and then watched 2 episodes of DiU and then going to sleep whilst thinking of both, I assume this was the product of that). Also earth was apparently not an element he could just bend fire twice. I don’t know, I don’t fully remember what that even means, I just remember that he could bend water, fire, fire, and air. I just kinda stood on a street corner and watched him destroy everything, and I was less terrified and just more generally impressed.

Another time I explicitly remember was not a dream. I was sick and woke up at like 4:30 in the morning with a fever. However I was also hysterical at the time and from 4:30 to 7:00, I was convinced there was a gay midget couple having an argument in the middle of my room and they were going to get a divorce and I just crying so hard because they’re married and are supposed to love each other and shouldn’t be fighting and I kept trying to break up the fight, but they just kept shouting and I kept crying until eventually I vomited all over the ground and then I was better. This was towards the end of my senior year

I love this thread so much XD

I got a beholder warrior skin (in my mind very related to frankenstein knight) from the keyper (the loot bag was also a little off-centered from its death spot) and i got no shard.

this is the only dream i actually remember: i was just in my house and opened the snack cabinet and it was full of boxes of goldfish.
We normally have goldfish snacks but only a bag or 2, not a whole box.

Do not remember anything else

i was in a secret mafia mission

I dreamt of nothing, but I woke up. I keep trying to sleep but there is no more MP to sleep. So I slowly get up a bit and auto-mana channel causing full gain of MP. It seems like I’m recovering from bad dreams already and am stabilizing like before. No dream and getting up automatically.

Otherwise there is this weird force that paralyzes or causes stasis and also there is this thought up willpower which let’s you manipulate the dream to some degree causing either waking up or feeling victory if you conquered it which is a pretty hard mental task. I mean, some dreams are like some sort of battle where you have to do something or nothing will happen and you would die somehow like an appearance of an enemy or being forced to go in a direction or unexplainable obstacles. You may have some limited amount of manipulation but the dream is pretty hard in difficulty.

Poem reminds me of my childhood when I used my mind like a psychic to lock away the bad memories and dreams I had by using a physical space/area to leave them. Basically I would forget about these memories until I came into this physical area, where it would all be triggered again

So I used to trigger my dreams/memories every time I opened my kitchen cupboard.

…I’m weird lmao

@Orsome There are certain patterns to my dreams, though I can’t say for sure that I have recurring dreams:

• I’m primarily an observer
  • Environments/settings switch erratically and constantly
  • Entities in my dream stop responding momentarily when I make sudden interactions (specifically outbursts, ranting, shouting etc)
  • Most of my dreams range from negative to neutral
  • Most environments follow a more ubran, somewhat realistic setting? I’m certain I haven’t had a dream set in a nature-like environment or fantasy world in forever.

Don’t worry about it. You probably don’t want to know what my life and thought processes were as a young kid before I was diagnosed with autism and stuck with meds and counseling :neutral_face:

I can’t remember any dreams of mine lately, but when I wake up I have a tendency to have complete nonsense running through my mind. I will just end up having the most random conversations in my head. It all feels trippy and weird! On another note I recently read in a scientific magazine that you dream every night but most people don’t remember their dreams.

Last night I had a dream in which I was stuck in a room that detached from some high structure.
Throughout the dream the room was falling. The room was very bare, the only objects inside were radiators on the sides of the room.

At some point during the fall, a hole opened up in one of the walls in the shape of a medium large portrait-oriented rectangle.
Through the hole, we were bombarded with some kind of rain or light and the only shelter from that was the radiators on the sides of the room.

Leaving the room via that hole meant falling to a certain death. Because of that we plugged up the hole with a slightly undersized window on a sliding mechanism.
Walking on the window was kind of scary, since I wasn’t sure whether it could support my full weight for more than a couple of seconds. However the room was often changing in orientation, so I did step on it shortly twice.

I had another dream that night, but by now I don’t remember it anymore.

I had a dream I was playing realm and I clicked nexus and it didn’t nexus, so I kept playing

I died

I had another reasonably interesting one last night…

I was browsing the wares of a slightly frumpish charity shop. There is a tall glass case of arcane trinkets and baubles, and above this glass case - where I can’t reach - is a groaning bookshelf. On this bookshelf are three ENORMOUS tomes that I desperately want to look through. Each page is surely larger than A1 format and is possibly composed of many smaller pages stitched or pasted together.

One contains the collected notes, drafts and text of a novel which I somehow know has been written by my mother. One is an ethnographic or anthropological treatise, whose first page (visible through a highly damaged front cover) is a phonetic transliteration of phrases in an unknown primitive language. The third is a compendious encyclopaedia/glossary of science fiction worlds. The books have immensely fat, gilt-trimmed spines: they are beautifully bound, exceedingly valuable, but in quite poor condition.

Not only are the books too high and too heavy to get down, but all this time I am being hunted by a nightmarish pack of creatures which I shall call ‘lynx-hyenas’. They are overwhelmingly feline, but with long toothy muzzles and eyes in a cluster on the tops of their heads, like a whip-scorpion. They are rampaging through the shop and I am desperately fending them off while trying to reach the books. There is an awful moment when one bites my wrist and doesn’t let go, and I am forced to strangle it with the other hand until it does. At last I give up, and run out of the shop - although somehow I have bought two tiny, slim picture-books in the process: one a child’s collection of east-anglian folklore, the other a pulp horror story about a train crash in a tunnel (I have never read either of these things irl).

Outside I expect to see a sort of urban arcade but instead there is a zoo enclosure, with strong walls made of wire mesh. This, I suspect, is where the lynx-hyenas came from. In the centre is a sort of playground-area made of unseasoned logs and woodchips. And in the far corner there is (of all things) a great row of wooden bunk-beds which inexplicably form the camp of some ancient tribe. I try to communicate with the people there about the lynx-hyenas but they can’t understand me. I realise that the only way to talk with them would have been to stay and fight for the giant anthropological book.

edit: I’ve just realised the ‘lynx-hyenas’ had a vague resemblance to the extinct ‘thylacoleo carnifex’ (but their heads were still super weird).

I along with several other girls were all chained together in varying states of undress and were collectively swallowed whole by a giant monster worm. a few minutes after being stuck inside the thing we just popped out the other end and looked like nothing had happened. I think I even had my clothes back on. we just thought it was a bit weird and none of us were particularly fazed by the incident, even though a couple were scared going in at first.

it was sort of like watching some super cheesy b movie cult-sacrifices-pretty-girl(s) scene with literally zero context and the most underwhelming outcome possible.

I was touring a plaza with a Willy Wonka styled family restaurant; three people tried breaking into my car as I was trying to leave the parking lot. Then I picked up a friend and we drove off to interview some people about a massive lay off at a nearby factory/plant. We encountered one employee loitering outside the front door and started to interview him. As we did so, I caught a glimpse of the owner, Derrick Powers (from Batman Beyond), watching from a window, scowling at the ex-employee who was now telling two people about the illegal stuff going on in the factory. As my friend sneaked into the building, I looked around the premises and saw several mutilated cannisters marked, ‘Uranium’ as my friend told me through our walkie-talkies that she found a room full of human bodies, dead and mutilated in horrible ways, described some as being bent and twisted around the uranium and others torn apart and strewn across the room. She then suddenly let out an ear-piercing scream followed by complete silence. As I frantically ran back to the entrance, I caught a glimpse of sickly green light radiating from one of the windows and I peered inside the room, finding human bodies strewn about it, some clumped together, others torn apart, but all horribly mutilated in some way. And somehow I knew it was Derrick Powers and since he wasn’t Blight yet, I assumed it was an episode of Batman Beyond playing out in real life and that Powers was using the uranium to create his nerve gas from the pilot episode.