What do people think of weekly events

that might have something to do with transparency, since the entire dungeon has a transparent cover over everything to simulate an underwater effect. transparent stuff tends to be harder on computers than opaque stuff. the nest doesn’t have any of that however.

• 720 damage, closely packed, armor-piercing shotgun
  • Spam of confuse shots
  • Low amount of walkable space, at least half of which has a slowdown effect
  • Single mistake leads to death/Nexus in a lot of the phases
  • No HP scaling

Yes, the boss is doable, even with just a rare Heal pet, as proven by Mrunibro.
Yes, not all phases are terrible.

But it’s so unattractive to do it publicly. Making the boss less punishing on slight mistakes will greatly improve the public experience, I think.

I can’t be sure my pet wasn’t a factor in this, but over the course of this event I found that I was able to do most phases while only taking a couple hits (or none at all owo), it’s a pretty easy fight once you know what’s what. the only phase I think is actually unfair is the very first possible red phase, the queen moves quickly, has a very powerful very fast shotgun, and is accompanied by fast moving confuse shots. getting hit by a confuse shot in that phase essentially guarantees death unless you’re standing super far away (which I wasn’t cuz ninja).

I think making a couple tweaks here and there to reduce punishment would make the fight good, but as of right now I think it’s pretty solid. I believe I said the killer queen was my favorite boss fight when it was first released, and while that wasn’t true a couple months later I can definitely say that the killer queen is once again my favorite boss now. it’s definitely more interesting and more varied than MBC (“check out my wall of bullets from these rocks and turrets”) and Void (“get into four groups nerds I’m not that hard”).

if you’re concerned about doing it in a public group, my biggest most useful tip for KBQ is “get away from the mob of players at all costs”. once you do that and can actually see your character, dodging becomes pretty straightforward.

I’ve soloed Reef a couple times trying to get scepter, and I’ll continue to do so from time to time. The rage phase is actually pretty cool when not steamrolled.

Fwiw, I generally really like the CoO dungeons (haven’t soloed Shaitans because I get the feeling that it’s still too much damn work), but I think it’s funny/shocking how many people die/nexus on that phase w/ tentacles+ ring of shots around you… at least when fighting xolotl, you need to figure out where to stand. Shaitans seems to still have too many minions to solo, and Encore has too few phase changes for how much HP everything has, so it feels a bit too much like an hp sponge.

imo encore is the most fun dungeon in the game

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.