What does a star mean to you?

I’m an asshat :c

true story ^

On the topic of white stars I’ve met some cool ones. Especially this one I met who understood that The Forgotten Ring is gud.

@Kathie

Don’t know why you’d merge a new thread with an old, dead, derailed one.

Considering how utterly redundant threads about stars tend to be, it makes perfect sense to contain all of them in one place.

You’d think people would stop being so insecure about this shit after a while.

Wasn’t talking just about this thread but about the overmoderation with threads that are somewhat similar. Uprooting small comfy threads and pretty much deleting them, because let’s be honest who’s going to go through 407 replies.

I sincerely doubt anyone here takes the time to read entire threads before posting a reply to them.

I also very sincerely doubt any of the people bitching about stars are capable of having an actual conversation about it.

All I’m saying is if I see the latest page with threads all with 100+ replies it deters me from using the forum.

https://www.realmeye.com/player/Hazy
I stay at 69 stars for a meme. Stars don’t matter to me.

They matter enough for you not to become one of those who …

Also, 69. lol. :smiley:

Normally, that’s part of the healthy life of the forum: eventually people stop giving a shit about a thread and let it die to go talk about something else, only to eventually come back to the subject when there are new things to say.

Thing is, again, with this particular subject it really doesn’t matter. It’s literally the exact same shit over and over. Even the other recurrent topics such as duping or hacking have at least some degree of variation from time to time, but not this one.

I just don’t see the point of having a million threads that are all “waaaah the white stars are all big meanies” made by people who will never even acknowledge the possibility they might be part of the problem. Having a ton of posts doesn’t matter since they’re only interested in crying about us, not about reading what anyone else might have to say.

To be completely honest, the only reason I’m not flushing this entire thing straight to the Whine Cellar is because I don’t want to reinforce their dumb persecution complex.

This happens naturally and without cluttering the latest posts with year old threads.

Then let them make their threads and get shit on over and over.

“White lol”

“Fuck another marble seal”

“lel xd ppe btw”

You are right :wink:

Imagine if we applied the same principle to deaths. The forum would be unreadable.

If we create a single mega-thread on each topic then also the forum would only become readable by those who attend every day or only read the last 10 posts. In the case of the latter we’d just get the same junk repeating anyway.

Have we digressed enough yet to close this thread and wait for the next one to start up tomorrow? :wink:

you’re trofimowen, right? because if you are everything you say is automatically invalid

1. His account got hacked.
  2. So he requested that the mods ban his account.
  3. Why…? As much of a troll Trof was he was actually a great part of the community.

You are also having an argument with someone on the internet instead of doing something important like, I don’t know, having a life outside of rotmg.

Is this a joke?

yes, i also don’t spend multiple hours a day editing and moving posts on a forum though

no.

1. I can only edit titles
  2. I haven’t moved a thread (I can’t move posts, only entire threads) in at least 2 months.

Then you obviously weren’t here in the early days of reddit, where he frequently made inflammatory/useless posts/used to witchhunt people he arbitrarily decided to be using “alts”

Wasn’t talking to you, was talking about RMGnoob