What does a star mean to you?

It is because while stars doesn’t mean everything, it still tells something about you.

Say if you’re Blue star, people would expect you to be able to do UDLs with ease;
if you’re yellow star people would expect you to be able to do clean tombs;
if you have white star people would expect you to have no life and spent way too much time in the game :joy::gun:

And well, people expect light blues to have absolutely no clue what they are doing :stuck_out_tongue:

Light blue and often dark blue stars are often perceived as noobs because of their inability to play anything but one class, which is true to some extent. Red and above starts to show a little bit of variety but they are normally just as toxic as everybody else.

Yes, I was sick of “rich” white stars kicking shit at me cuz I was a wizard 1trick so I decided to succumb to the peer pressure.

Many people don’t take you seriously unless you are at least at yellow star …
I guess its because star rank is one of the few obvious metrics by which players can be judged. It’s not a very good metric, but it’s convenient.

wow your orange already[quote=“IAmShurima, post:8, topic:4714”]
so I decided to succumb to the peer pressure.
[/quote]

:confused: i like going to opposite of peer pressure, lol. i waited a long time to remove the santa hat, even though i hated it…

Yes, I got like 12 stars or something last night cuz I went and played all the classes that I had never played on this account.

wow

do you turn off offers while in train?

If you can call it a “train” xD It was more like 10 people walking around in a scattered blob. Some of them I actually just farmed the god lands cuz EUN2 was too slow.

And nah, I left the offers up. That’s part of why it took me so long.

It’s not a definitive factor but it suggests something about the person.

What % of light blues can do so and so? Compare that to the % of white stars that can do “so and so” and there you have your answer.

It’s a good indication of how much skill/knowledge you have of the game, and although some players have a low star-ranking but are still super good (they play very few classes), it’s an extremely small portion of that population.

It’s like that saying, “Don’t judge a cover by its’ book” except not.

I’m just bad at the game.

Well, if you are a low enough star rank, some people might not even see what you say if they have the star requirement turned on.

But mainly, it’s a sign of achievement. Blue stars (dark and light) are considers newbies (new players and/or not that skilled), and people don’t really respect them.

“Why don’t the higher ranks respect them?”, you might ask. The simple answer is, because the community (most of it at least) is toxic. When they were blue stars, they got bullied by the orange stars, and when they became orange themselves, they bullied the blue stars as revenge.

Not everyone, of course. It just seems like it, because people tend to focus more on mean things than nice things. For example, if I were to tell you that you look nice, and that you should also kill yourself, you most likely will think about the “kill yourself” part. But again, almost every Realm player says that, so we are probably just immune to it.

I have chat filter at 10 stars

You know you could have edited your first post to add the image in.

Really, the star rank is kind of dumb… fame train enough and you’ll look cool with your white star.

But I guess there are sort of stereotypes of stars, if that makes any sense?

Light blue - noob/new player
Blue - still kind of bad at the game
Red - starts to know their stuff
Orange - ok to ask for advice
Yellow - really good at the game
White - “Hey, GHZD back with another video.”; “Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, it’s SLVRDLLR.”

I would say that the whitestar stereotype is more of “I spent my life in the fame train.” Imho, unless I know the whitestar, I would probably trust a random yellow star over a random white star.

That being said, there are a lot of white stars out there that DO know what they are doing. It just seems like most white stars fame trained for everything they’ve got.

Also, nothing against fame trains either. There are a lot of fame trainers that are also really good at the game.

[details=My unpopular opinion]
everyone under orange star: hackers
Everyone orange star and above: dickheads[/details]

Thing is, it’s mostly true.

this thread is starting to remind me of that other one…

What it comes down to and all that really matters is that if we had a tape measure, I have the biggest one, I hope this helps. :eggplant:

It’s for the swag.