What does a star mean to you?

I know so many people have “trouble” with star ranking in general saying that it doesn’t matter as people just fame farm for white/yellow stars. But in reality I think it matters a lot in this game.

Just as I wouldn’t really listen to a light blue, blue and maybe even red star at all. And I feel like the most people in the community are the same. For example my first 6/8 i had was when I had a ligth blue star. I only played knight over and over and one time I actually got it maxed and got myself almost top set with Pixie, Colo, Aby and UBHP. People would say that I bought them online and wouldn’t just trust me or would mock me every time. Even if I said something random in chat people argued with me just because I was low on ranks.

I remember I got my red star when I though I was better than most blue stars at the time. I didn’t fame train but forced myself to play characters just for the red star. Almost same happened with my orange star as I thought I am better that people think just from looking at my star. I thought I was ready to get it and got it after I got my first character over 2000 total fame.

For the end I want to say that star is just something you come to mentally. You feel like you can and that you will be good enough as a star of that colour.

Makes me better than everyone else, duh

#chatreq70/s

As if white star makes you worth listening to. Everyone knows the only people to listen to are people with pink stars :unamused:

Realmeye still saying i’m yellow star -.-

No ones good enough :sob:

Honestly couldn’t care less about stars other than the star chat requirement setting to block spammers.

awhile back just about everyone had alt accounts… so you really never knew if you were talking to a veteran or a noobie. Generally I’ll form an opinion based on what you’re typing in the chat and decide for myself if you’re worth listening to. Not based on some color or fame number that shows how much you killed virtual monsters.

Log out and log back in, it should change the colour

The mentality of star goes a long way back. Back then, star colours were actually a pretty good sign of the skill of a player. Light blues were new players, noobs, but people helped them out. Dark blues were getting better, trying a few classes. Once you were red you were not a noob anymore. And then orange and yellow much the same with authority, with yellow starting to be looked up upon by noobs. White stars were generally the ones everyone looks up to.

It’s just human nature to feel more inclined to take someone more seriously if they have something which shows that they have experience in the game/field/industry etc. Even if there are “easy” ways to get it, it still takes a fair bit of commitment.

Here I go again:

Sorry @AAAARGHH, didn’t mean to respond you. Can’t undo it now.

In my completely personal opinion, most players will settle on orange star for a couple reasons;

• They play the classes they like, thus not getting stars on other characters
  • Not motivated / caring enough to grind for that next star by playing classes that take more time

This pretty much sums up my situation.

Mentally, I feel like a black star (yeah on that next level shit bois) , in game I’m still stuck as a scrubby orange.

Been this way for a month .-.

EDIT: oh thanks it worked

Stars don’t mean too much, unfortunately. Some white stars are hardcore veteran players, and others are just mediocre players who fame farmed their whites.

Some 8/8 light blues are RWT-ers, others are veterans who started fresh on a new account. It can just sometimes be difficult to tell who is who.

Stars are fairly arbitrary, in my opinion.

I disagree, if only to be a dick.

This chart has always shown a roughly equal distribution of players with each star.

https://www.realmeye.com/number-of-active-players-by-rank

The least common rank is 69, hence why some players like Dalla stick at 69. Also because 69 is fun…as a number. (Reminds me of Ying yang)

I agree with @AAAARGHH. Easiest example: you’re in the chat and lots of people are talking. Instinctively most people filter by formality (caps, punctuation) then by star. As in white stars talking is generally more noticed.

@Pixl That used to be true but rip alts. Pets for the most part made it unreasonable to use multiple accounts, as argued by Stu.

I think a while ago 68 was rarer.

Woah man don’t say that, we’re all one!

moved to #game-discussion because this is in-game related discussion (stars)

Also a smack to you, use search please

'
Um… You wouldn’t know this because you aren’t… white star?

I think some light blue stars are the best players in the game.

NPEs are a true sign of "skill’[quote=“Bashii, post:1, topic:11202”]
Star does not mean game intelligence,
[/quote]

Intelligence is a dead word in RotMG[quote=“Bashii, post:1, topic:11202”]
I have spoken to some of the MOST brain dead people on earth who are yellow stars
[/quote]

clearly orange stars are the stupidest because “OH NOES THIS GUY REPRESSENTS THE ENRI COMINOTY OF OGRENG STERS”

Sorry papa shatter

Yeah, but NPE’s aren’t actually new players are they.