What Someone Needs To Do [Idea about item donation]

Guys… We’ve all been there.
You’re having a good day, your character’s pretty strong…and then you rubber band into a Septavius.
Or lag onto a raging O2.
Or try to snatch up your Skuld loot and forget about the rebounding shots.
Suddenly, your dreams of grandeur are gone. You’ve only got your empty character slots. And the atmosphere toward beggars in this game is terrible. I had people calling me the n-word, telling me to uninstall all programs on my computer, and take an axe to it when I asked if anyone had a spare low-tier item. Seriously? Half of you pass up low-tier gear all the time. What would be so hard about possibly snatching one up and giving it to a player in need?
So that’s where this idea comes in.
Guardian Angels!
Basically, these are people who have high-level characters and don’t mind doing some glands grinding. They’ll snatch up some T4-T6 loot and pass it to people who are in need of help. IDK, maybe there could be some kind of a reward system implemented for Guardian Angels who give more stuff? But either way, it would make ROTMG a nicer place… A happier place… A place without beggars… And a place where everyone has semi-decent gear.
This would remove the beggars in the nexus and worlds, because they’d already have okay gear! They could hop into the game and start playing.
It would make people feel better and want to keep on playing. It would make rage quitting rarer because you wouldn’t be starting from a clean slate.
I dunno, maybe this is stupid. But…consider it?
As for how this belongs in Events, it would be a 24/7/365 event, just people being nice and giving okay gear to players who need it badly.

don’t kill meh pls :3

If everyone has semi-decent gear, what’s the point of low-level gear? Plus, this all depends on other people going out of their way and giving away stuff, and I don’t think anyone really has any interest in doing that.

~Cook

Sounds to me like somebody who just can’t succeed at the game, and instead of learning to get good, they just beg.

Nobody “needs” to give noobs tons of glands loot. They need to get it themselves, like everyone else. You aren’t going to grow as a player just by begging.

Used to be a lot easier to pass on gear you picked it up and dropped it, now we have to deal with the sb drops… honestly i don’t bother picking it up now.

Yep, before this soulbound update I actually would leave low tier stat pots and occasion higher level gear (usually old tops that weren’t worth too much) in Godlands/Cyclops Castle chests so I wouldn’t be “straight up giving” it to people

I help players all the time, come to USE

Your realm eye description is literally "free tops pls :3"
IMO, beggars don’t try to improve in the game and when they get items, they just die and lose them. Then the continue begging and the cycle repeats. To really improve, you should actually play the game and gain the items yourself. Otherwise, the game isn’t really that fun.

I remember when I first started playing this game, we had no health potions and no backpacks and no pets and nothing at all.

The first creature I killed was a Scorpion.

My first confuse was from a crab, and there were bandits that ran from me.

My first death didn’t actually kill me, the game told me to Nexus before I die the next time.

I remember when 1000 fame = 1 Ammy.

I had a T2 staff from the pirate cave, thought T2 rings were legendary, found T5 robes, and guess what, I used an avenger staff for like an hour.

Purple bags were legendary at the time when I killed those Drakes.

And those god land gods hit damn hard. I had absolutely no idea how to counter them.
Then I tried to sell an spd pot, which ended in failure because spd wasn’t really worth anything at the time.

I came to celebrated with my first def, came to experience sprite worlds, came to understand what quiet, slow meant.

Got in oryx, got my T10 robe, found T4 spells from other dungeons, found T9 staff.
Got back into sprite worlds and maxed dex, followed players into labs and maxed wis and def, occasionally collected spd from snake pits, atk was actually a very likely drop from sprite worlds as well.

Maxed 3/8 on that same day, occasionally did trenches and other dungeons for some very unlikely mana, op for def with all sorts of pots and slowly maxed life + mana.

I died on my 6/8, and I remember begging just like everyone else.

I realized that I probably wouldn’t get anything much from begging anyways, so I farmed starting from sprite worlds again and maxed the rest while using a priest.

Now I’m 8/8 with a warrior with a bracer and pixie.

One day is all you need to max 3/8. There is a wiki on realmeye that can inform you about each dungeon and there are trading offers on realmeye that can inform you about the current economy. You don’t need free stuff.

To all those players out there I’ve been tired of ignoring: instead of spamming FREE STUFF PLS for an hour, how about just play. I still occasionally call out OP for def or give away things every now and then. Begging is not playing, and believe me, you’re less likely to get anything good from begging since good players don’t collect mid-tier items, and players who haven’t maxed wouldn’t give away their mid-tier items because they know it’s important for them.

We’ve all been there before, and there’s no better way than hard work.

I think that sure, this is good, but… permadeath is the beauty of this game, dying, losing everything, and grinding it back is part of the beauty, and it makes people that donate something that we appreciate. It is a game that tests your patience, and teaches you sacrifices and letting things go. If you farmed so hard, got an 8/8 character, and had like 200000+ fame and just died suddenly to something stupid, well, oh well, lesson learned, learned a hard way, but lesson learned, and if you’re poor, then go farm up some new gear, die in the process, and farm up some new gear again. all the lessons in the game are best if taught the hard way, so i feel that having people donate mid-tiered items to noobs would ruin the grinding, frustrating experience at being new at the game.

I don’t believe this would work very well for a couple of reasons

1. People give it away because it is easy to get- glands and highlands items are easy to come by and shouldn’t be a problem on a level 20 character

2. Experience the game- when I started this game my friend showed me at school and basically told me nothing about it like many people I learned from the ground up. When my first 1/8 necro died I cried for an hour, I just lost a 6/8 knight and barely blinked

3. People don’t feel pity they feel irritated- similar to my last point people who start at the bottom don’t feel pity for these types of players, they anger at them trying to skip steps

4. Exploitable- the whole reward system seems highly exploitable with a mule account

###Tips

1. Get a guild- Guilds are awesome for support, leveling, dungeons and you can really start to build some friends. If you die you can ask for some help leveling and running dungeons

2. Watch some guides-guides help SOOO much I learned how to do glands, and most low level dungeons from bickuribox, as well as ghzd has some good ones, like pet guide
    https://www.youtube.com/user/bickuribox12
    https://www.youtube.com/user/RotmgGHZD

3. (Again) Experience the game- everyone dies and learning from experience is honestly the best knowledge you can have, learn to dodge, rush, when to nexus, how much your pet heals you, etc. These help a lot for becoming better at the game. Practice makes perfect :wink:

I maxed my chars off of free items

That’s not exactly why the #community-hub:player-events category is for.

Moved to #ideas and edited title for clarity.

Not really, the items given by the calendar are untradeable

But you can leave it in your gift chest forever :stuck_out_tongue:

First of all, hold up with the personal insults. I thought we were gonna avoid that?
Second, the “Free tops pls? :3” is a joke. Although if you do have tops, I’d appreciate them :wink:
Third, I guess I forgot to explain here, but I don’t actually play ROTMG anymore. I haven’t played in 5 months, and until certain circumstances are resolved, I never will.
Fourth, you can’t just “join a guild.” I have yet to find a good guild. Every single guild I’ve joined is inactive, full of dumdums, or just plain bad.
Fifth, you think I’m not a mature player? I’ve played this year for 3 years, on and off, on different accounts. Yet I’ve never been able to max a stat, never gotten a white bag. Either my IQ is low to the point where I’m a feelingless mutt (which can’t be true, since I go to the best high school in NYC, Stuyvesant High School, look it up), or there are extenuating circumstances. And in this case, the latter is true.
See, let me explain here. My family uses Verizon. Sounds fine, right? Wrong. We don’t have FIOS, and the internet just…doesn’t work with ROTMG. I’ve been able to run 3D games with high effects such as Smite, Trove, Enter the Dungeon, and Stardew Valley (so it’s not my computers), but no matter what computer I use, ROTMG is unplayable due to lag. Freezing, rubber banding, etc. Either it’s Verizon, who have promised us FIOS for 4 years and haven’t given us a single upgrade, or it’s ROTMG, and based on the games I can run, I don’t think it’s Verizon.
As for beggars just lose items? Look, that’s the point. These are LOW tier items. You know how in a UDL, there are all of those purple bags with crappy loot? Yeah, well those aren’t crappy to those people. They want those things. And I’m not asking for people to be on 24/7, have some special guild, and stuff like that. I just mean that maybe, if you’ve got an extra inventory slot or two, you could grab it and give it to a player in the Nexus. It’s not even hard, just snatch it on the way in and the next time you Nexus, just leave it in the Nexus. Heck, you can drop T2-T3 items and it would still be better than the starter stuff!
As for "no way other than hard work…"
sigh
You want to know how much I wish that was true?
I guess you could call me a “grind,” someone who keeps on trying but never gets any reward. I love this game. I really, really do. But I can’t play it, in part due to the lag issue. The other part is that, well, this game seems to have it in for me.
I’ve completed dozens of UDLs (of course I lost those characters soon after, but whatever) and never gotten a Dbow.
Farming Sprites? Is there some kind of magic to it? Because I’ve lost level 20 after level 20 to those god damn Native Sprite Gods, and Limon himself.
I’ve tried Snake Pits, but they don’t spawn too often, and speed is worthless. Besides, if you don’t have decent gear, Stheno and her pets will kill you.
This probably makes no sense, but I understand the strategy of this game. I’ve read wiki page after wiki page. Back during the Bow of the Morning Star event, when UDL white bag drop rates were doubled, I listened to the Talwar guide on UDLs for hours on repeat while I played.
I just can’t play the game. It’s like being that kid in an arcade who has no money, so he’s been watching everyone else play and could be a really great player if he had a chance, but never gets to.

sigh
I got way too involved in this.

I don’t feel like this is a good idea for reasons already pointed out; beggars would just take the loot, think they’re set and get shotgunned like they did with the last t6 gear they were given, therefore not gaining the experience of getting it themselves…

Also, I feel your pain when it comes to internet. I live with satellite internet that is only good enough to use to play realm at midnight when nobody else is on it (without, you know, crashing, rubberbanding and timing out). But, as you can see, I am mildly successful at the game and recently reached my red star.

As for the magic powers of being able to do sprites, (ignore snake pits, they’re a pain when you’re 0/8 without a pet) just watch/read a guide on how to do them and bring t7-8 gear. It’s not too difficult; if you started playing again I’m sure you’d learn pretty quickly.

Edit: I just looked at your profile, and if the only character you have at the moment is a 0/8 archer, I can understand why you’re having problems with sprites… when doing sprite worlds as a 0/8, use any class that does not use a bow, dagger or katana or you will die. (unless of course you have good gear/pet/skills)

First off, I CAN’T play again until something changes. I can’t play at midnight-I have school and I have to be able to stay awake. Besides, even with the graphics as low as possible and Hardware Acceleration on, ROTMG is unplayable.
Second, I’m not doing sprites with this 0/8, I’m still getting it to level 20. And I can’t continue to play it if all I get is eternal lag.
Third, I have a rare humanoid with healing and magic healing.
Fourth, why not use an archer? Here is my reasoning:

I’m not good with dagger/katana classes. With my lag, I can’t get in close enough to do my damage and get out. I freeze next to the boss, get sat on, and die.
Wand/staff classes are bad later on. They don’t do very much damage, so I don’t get SB loot.
I guess I could try a sword class? It’s just never been my thing… I’m not a knight person…
Bows have high DPS, have range, and still have okay-ish armor. And oh don’t tell me about guides. I’ve read them again and again, read wiki pages, practically memorized damage stats… but it’s not playing the game. It’s like the kid in the arcade example. I know the stats of all the baddies, but I can’t fight them.
I’ve even watched this weird guide about how to do a Sprite World with a wizard with a T3 staff and T3 cloak… Not sure where it was, but the guy somehow killed Limon with that.
I know the trick about dodging out of the room when Limon’s in chase mode and counting the 7 shots…
I know the trick about standing in between the shot lines and hitting him from there with a staff class while he can’t get you…
I know all of this, but I just can’t fight him.
Or any other pot-dropping enemy except Septavius, and even that’s risky.

Point taken

Wand classes, yes, but wizard has second highest dps in the game… (correct me if I’m wrong) necro and mystic also have pretty darn good damage

If it’s just to get more loot, go ahead with a pally/knight… easiest classes in the game imo

They only have high dps if you, 1: stand right next to something with a t11-12 bow (fun fact, hitting something with all 3 shots from a covert does more damage than a dbow/cbow on low def enemies) or 2: get a dbow/cbow
The armor is good, but only if maxed defense, otherwise you’re just as squishy as a ninja

Pretty sure that was the guide I learned how to kill limon from.

Well… best of luck is all I can say.

Thanks man. And with the whole dbow/cbow thing? That’s why I’m so obsessed with Septavius. I knew CTrench was too hard from wiki+videos, but UDLs are doable. So I had this idea that I’d run them again and again and get Dbow, then go get QoT because Ents spawn a bunch, then IDK what else.
I do like Necro… Priest heal+Wizard damage… Can aim over walls…
Maybe I’ll make me a necro :3

Aaaand there you go. 5 minutes after I make one, I lose it to lag.
See why I don’t play ROTMG anymore?