Which Magic Gem reward will you take? (poll)

I was going to get the cloak, but one rl from the lost in halls reminded everyone that rogue should not be tanking shots for any reason.

Either the cloak or the shield. Ironically both are pretty bad, but they look hella lit and I can’t stand playing wizard ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I already have the shield which is pretty meh and situational.
Cloak is not that great imo since rogue wants to be cloaked instead of armored and if you have to tank shots doing something you shouldn’t be using a rogue.
Tome looks interesting but I don’t play a lot of priest.
I would probably go for Jade because it does nuts dps, easy to aim, and I like wizard.
Then again, I’m probably going to be lazy and not bother to farm for the gems.

Honestly, I would take the tome. The cloak is an awful choice for rogue, as rogue isn’t supposed to be tanking things imo. I already have a ton of shields and spells. However, the tome is new, and it looks kinda interesting, Nothing I would use, but still, good to keep for collection.

Honestly, I feel as if its NOT WORTH IT to farm for these gems. Let’s calculate the amount of work that goes into getting the rewards. 20 epic marks = 5 epic chests, not even worth it. 20 Normal Marks = 3 normal chests, meh. So right now we’re getting at a 3 epic chest = 5 st shard ratio. If you assume its going to be the same for the next few gems, it’ll be 9 epic chests = 1 st chest and 1 mgm white / new tome which is honestly rarely worth it.

One sentence summaries for anyone too busy (lazy) to read the Realmeye articles:

Tome of Holy Furor: A tome that sacrifices some healing power for an added dexterity buff

Cloak of the Mad God: A cloak that sacrifices some invis time for an armored buff

Jade Storm: A spell that does MASSIVE THICC damage, but costs an outrageous amount of MP

Shield of Flowing Clarity: Slows instead of stuns, does virtually 0 damage but provides a fat def boost, and has a very cheap MP cost

But you also have to consider that for some people this event is just an added bonus. I can go farm more ots if that’s my epic quest chest for that day anyways, so the event isn’t a choice between quests or event quests, it’s just extra rewards because both.

Don’t know why people are bashing the cloak. I got it in one of the wc events and I used it before suiciding my rogues. It’s fun, and not having to worry about being antirogued is real nice

:man_facepalming:

THANK YOU!

Bit of a side question but do we know if we will get these rewards but for other abilities?

Embarassing xD
You need to clock the cloak xD

Tome just b/c I dont have it.

Definitely not for this specific event, but perhaps in the future, again.
It’s quite comparable to the reskin Halloween UT event.

Except the rewards are pretty trash for this one

One of 4 very sought after abilities that are of limited quantity(and one not even in the game yet!), only available from events? Trash? I bet you just want deca to give away free juggs!

what are you talking about you dont have any characters

Honestly, most of the abilities aren’t game changing in any way. The cloak encourages rogues to tank, which they should NEVER do, the spell is a waste of mp, the shield is highly conditional and is a poor replacement for classes like huntress and archer, and even loses to ESBEN SKULL, and the tome is half decent (imagine not having to use a dex effusion!) In fact, a jugg would be a reasonable reward for such a large scale event such as this, which requires significant grinding.

I disagree. The event literally requires you to sit in uss until someone pops a key, and then ~20 mins of your time farming godlands dungeons for the other marks.

Remember that there are 2 more weeks… and grinding those godlands dungeons takes at least 1 hour, not including the WAITING time in between for a lab.

1 hour daily for 2 weeks is not enough for a jugg