Why do Etherites get so much hate?

Again, what’s wrong with nerfing the Etherite?

You guys are always complaining that the game is too easy, so nerfing the etherite should be the more logical choice of action.

Probably because they’re scared that some of their favorite, easy to get useful items won’t be as useful.

Because they’re jealous of how OP and tradable I am.

See this guy knows how fucking powerful I am

but how about stinger… Cdirk, in my opinion, is so boringly normal. There’s nothing that sets it apart. Also nice to know some people actually read what I write instead of instantly responding. :smiley:

note: not saying etherite is a well balanced weapon but am saying that I’ve though cdirk was set for a change since it was first created, similar to tablet

I don’t have a problem with nerfing etherite but I don’t see why people hate etherite more then other things. Sure you can nerf etherite but why only etherite?

Wasn’t in the game when Etherite came out. Also correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think that many people have Stinger or even farm for it at all.

What do you mean, “normal”? It’s nothing like tiered Daggers at all.

it has a straight shot, 100% firing rate, literally compared to a teired dagger, you trade a bit of range for a bit of damage. What you mean it’s nothing like teired. And so you’re argument is that the event white can only be compared to common tradeables? If it’s similar to anything else, it doesn’t count?

It’s a Tiered dagger with +DPS and -range. What do you mean lmao

My opinion on why etherites are hated on: They are better than cdirks especially when on a rouge, and they are tradeable while cdirk is a rare event white

Pls read what I write… on the other hand, now that I look at it, the title kinda ruins it. Nev mind

Again: it’s one of the oldest UTs still in the game and one of the very first UT Daggers. Of course it wasn’t going to have a ton of fancy effects and shot patterns and whatnot.

The hate for Etherite comes from what the situation was back when it was released, and Stinger didn’t exist at the time. That’s why the comparison doesn’t really work.

Unless I’m completely out of touch and people found new and exciting ways to bash STs.

Okay so first off, since it was first created, etherite has been changed and so has cdirk. Second off, no one really complained about stinger when it first came out. Third off, look at ol’ tablet, juggenaut, blasphemy, ogmur. How come all of those are unique?
Also no one really complained about the ol’ ST orb which was incredibly similar to the ol’ conflict

Still fills the same niche.

Because it wasn’t sold in Mystery Boxes and because it fills a different niche than Cdirk.

Comparing a weapon to an ability doesn’t really work.

People did complain, it’s just that there really aren’t that many people who care about Conflict in the first place.

You guys is not me. Game is easy, because it is. Nerfing just makes the games less fast paced, nothing else. It’s still easy even with nerfs, so there is no point nerfing weapons. Just makes the game boring.

Also, as I said, I still think even t12 is better than etherine, so not my favorite dagger at all. But really far from that. Some people don’t read and yet comment.

@Yin

At the moment, the game isn’t difficult only because pets throw off the balance of the game. People actually died from a slow grind of enemies doing chip damage after chip damage. Nerfs across items(especially op items) is beneficial for keeping rotmg a bullet hell and not a loot simulator, which is what it seems to be edging towards nowadays.
One item being nerfed is not going to change much, but it would slightly help. Steamrolling bosses and enemies is certainly an issue. Take the weekend events for example. People can literally sit still in one spot the whole dungeon because the boss either doesn’t pierce, gets perma stunned, or just dies too quickly.

if “less fast paced” means that bosses can last longer than 3 seconds without relying on special tricks or phases then I’d be down to make rotmg “less fast paced”. even MBC gets absolutely shredded these days, and if it weren’t for his invulnerability time and a few notoriously frustrating attacks (running in circles in the final stretch) I guarantee you he’d go down in like 3 minutes.

There are still more options to stop making the game streamrolled.
Want a little bit more difficult game? Make all shots pierce; armor break; make sick and bleeding combo more common; make higher damage shoots; make boss more raged. Ban hackers.

Also, idk who would even use etherine on MBC, but there are for sure who does that I see (although I also mentioned Swords).

Also, I forgot to say that Deca decision is brain dead, because they want to nerf tiered swords, but also buff tiered katanas and daggers. So the concern is not the streamrolling of the game, at all.

Also, the tiered dagger buff will already balance the etherine damage, but also overcreep CDirk. So if people were a little bit attentive and checked other thread before arguing, they would know Deca has in mind to buff tiered Daggers. So if you buff tiered daggers, you have to buff Cdirk… otherwise, Cdirk will be almost useless…

And the best part: people that say to nerf some weapons using easy game done in a snap of fingers argument are also the people who might like the idea of buffing katanas and daggers. Just imagine that.