Why is Nest so unpopular?

Every Killer Nest event is ignored by everyone until they get frustrated with it taking up the quest marker. Then IF that event drops a Nest, only 20 people show up. By the time we get to the boss, at least 5 of those 20 people have left. And by the 3rd phase of the Boss, everyone’s gone except for like 2 people. And I’m not good enough to survive the boss the rest of the way by myself. Meanwhile, Shatters and Tomb easily get 50 people. It’s not like the loot isn’t worth it, life is always valuable and the UT’s are really good. Is it just too hard?

Nest difficulty
Nest event is annoying
Nest event is annoying
10 Ways to Make the Nest (dungeon and event) viable
Killer be nest
Nests?

It takes time don’t worry.

Or @Krathan you could bring up the idea of adding more insta kills to shatts and to,bs huehue #makeshattersgreatagain

Two words: Stacked shots.

The dungeon is kinda hard and ez instakill from beehemoths. The boss freaks me out too and only worth loot is stinger and life and I also want a crossfire.

bee helm is good, the damage the bees do counts towards sb now too

Too hard
And too many pun

The boss is the second hardest in game right now.

The more people who come, the higher the chance of getting a FPS drop that leads to your death.

If you lag… You probably died.

People are too nervous to even stay in the dungeon, so I don’t bother staying past the machinegun phase. Too sketchy.

I reckon I may start a thread on this topic but I blame Deca listening to the closed testing group. Here goes my explanation…

The closed testing group are exactly that. A coordinated group. Most of the latest content (Nest, Lost Halls, the ever popular Oryx Statue) are aimed at coordinated groups because they’re the ones that play, feedback and finally approve the content as playable.

Problem is, the big guilds aside, the vast majority of the player base are not coordinated big groups. We’re individuals who sometimes band together into small groups. This is what makes Tombs as good as they are - they work in large groups, they work in small groups and they work solo. All three variations provide suitable rewards in those scenarios.

The Shatters started this problem. Works fine for coordinated groups but run a public Shatters and even if no-one screws it up on purpose (when was the last time you ran a clean Shatters? Circa 2015 on AE for me) someone will screw it up by accident.

Why do people still TP when someone shouts “cem”? Because a group of non-coordinated players can get through it no problem. The more the people, the less of a reward but also quicker and less of a risk.

So Deca, more endgame content aimed at solo and/or groups of 2, 3 or 4 casual players is what we need. Please.

tl;dr: We need content that doesn’t require discord to play.

Edit: gg Deca. The parasite chambers is far closer to what we (well, I) need. :smiley:

Honestly how are you not banned yet?

This comment wasn’t so bad…why do you hate me

Status galore. Especially that fucking confuse shot during boss fight that force you to nexus or die are just terrible. You don’t put a player through 10 to 20 (or what not) minutes to reach a boss fight only to be cheated and forced out in such a cheap way. – Otherwise nest could be pretty nice dungeon.

And what Spuddeth said. This direction of “endgame” is utter crap.

Lmao git gud learn confuse controls

Ditto to you

Confuse controls are easy. It’s the transition between confused and not confused that’s the problem.

Assuming you’re a typical human being your reaction time to a visual stimulus is 1/4 second or so. This is more than long enough when confuse wears off to wander off into lava (edit: honey) and watch your health going down. Now you have another 1/4 second to decide between nexus or death… And that’s assuming you’re not buried under 30 other players and don’t see your change of direction straight away.

The hackers don’t have that problem as they never get confused.

I agree though that it is a poor dungeon because too much is happening and you are covered with people half all the time. By the time you realize you are confused its generally too late.

There needs to be a DECAMENU option to make other players be “see through like ghosts” so you can see your character stand out and know what is going on

The best would be an option that makes your character highlighted or something which allows the character to automatically stay on top, as making other players ghosts could be a little annoying when trying to determine who should dodge/tank.

Or when you get hit, you render above everybody else. Would be hard to code, I’d imagine.

I agree about the time it takes to get to boss that’s the main reason I don’t like it. The confuse thing at boss is fine though it’s a git gud issue.

I guess that makes it better but tbh not worth the hard dungeon and boss

I think it’s the lethality. As much as I dislike Ice Spheres and portals, they are usually pretty generous with the reaction time. Now, the Nest or LH is basically filled with these, only faster, so I reckon not a lot of people like it.