Winter 2017 Price Guide (Updated: 1/23/17)

[WORK IN PROGRESS]

Before reading this I would just like to ask, how long does it take before I can add multiple images to my post? I would like to make this guide more colorful!

So I noticed recently while scrounging google for some sort of price guide that there really isn’t a modern price guide that exists at the moment. I just got back to the game after an almost 4 year hiatus and I really just wish there was an easier way to see what my items are worth. As most people do when coming back to realm after a long break, I was trading A LOT to try to get myself back up to spd (pun intended). So in order to make things easier for those that are new to trading, or for those who just don’t pay attention to the market enough, I am going to be trying to update this price guide at least once a month. Please leave any feedback below and also I REALLY encourage people correcting me if something doesn’t seem completed right. Thanks!

Consumables

Item Name Nicknames Image Price Farming Method Comments Feed Power
Potion of Defense def N/A Toxic Sewers, Godlands Def is used as the base unit for this entire guide 150
Potion of Attack att, atk 1 Def Native Sprite Gods, Candy Land, Godlands Is hard to sell for a Def pot therefore is worth slightly less than one 150
Potion of Speed spd 0.33 - 0.5 Def Snake Pits, Haunted Cemetery, Godlands Has been fluctuating a lot recently 150
Potion of Dexterity dex 0.33 Def Sprite Worlds Sometimes can be sold at rate of 0.5 150
Potion of Vitality vit 0.5 Def Abyss of Demons Might be on the rise because of lack of guaranteed Def in abyss making it rarer 150
Potion of Wisdom wis 0.5 Def Undead Lair, Mad Lab, Candy Land Worth slightly less than a vitality potion 150
Potion of Life life 6-7 Def Tomb of the Ancients, The Shatters Is constantly fluctuating with the market 250
Potion of Mana mana 2-3 Def Crawling Depths, Ocean Trench Has been pretty stable recently 250

Tiered Items

Armors/Leathers/Robes

Item Name Nicknames Image Price Comments Feed Power
Robe of the Moon Wizard moon 1 Spd Not worth the time to try and sell it 218
Robe of the Elder Warlock elder 1 - 2 Def Kind of hard to sell at 2 Def, usually sold for 1 Def 308
Robe of the Grand Sorcerer gsorc 4 Def - 1 Life Robe classes less popular = price drop 435
Hippogriff Hide Armor hippo 1 Spd Not sold all that often due to Griff being easily available for slightly more 218
Griffin Hide Armor griff 1 - 2 Def Sold for surprisingly less than it used to be sold for due to lack of popularity of leather classes 308
Hydra Skin Armor hydra 1 - 1.5 Life Also lost value due to lack of leather class popularity 435
Vengeance Armor veng 1 Spd - 1 Def Desolation armor the tier below can very rarely be sold for 1 Spd, but Vengeance armor has marketability 218
Abyssal Armor abby 2 - 4 Def The price is kind of all over the place 308
Acropolis Armor acrop 1 - 2 Life Sometimes outclassed by UT armors depending on what class you're using 435

AND THAT IS IT FOR NOW! I will be adding one new section each day until the guide is finished. The next update will contain tiered weapons.

Ideas to get rich as beginner or poor player

What? I would never buy acrop for more than 1/1.5 life. Only merchers sell it for 2. It’s a sort of recent fall in price I think so I don’t blame you.

Also this guide is fairly accurate… It is maybe a month or 2 since last update:
http://guidescroll.com/2012/04/rotmg-price-guide/

the rest of this is fine considering you have no weapons or abilities lol

Pretty decent except what he said :arrow_double_up: above about acrop

same

Fixed! Thanks for the heads up! I don’t really play melee classes all that much.

All good! Overall amazing guide

I think you mean to say Outclassed by UT armors. Which isn’t always true anyway…

People really love posting price guides, despite the fact that they are quickly antiquated, leading to more headaches than they relieve. This point gets brought up basically every time someone posts a price guide.

RealmEye Trading has essentially made price guides obsolete.

If you want to sell specific items for other specific items, look at the posted offers in both directions (both “selling X, buying Y” and “buying X, selling Y”), and the fair market value is somewhere between the two.

[Just my two cents. OB]

Not if you update them.

That, combined with paying attention to what people are buying/selling for on USW3 is definitely your best bet. It is also always up-to-date.

Notice how many guides are out there versus how many of them are up-to-date. I think the ratio alone speaks for itself about how often people go back and edit their guides.

The point I am trying to make is that if you keep the price guide updated, there is no reason NOT to make a price guide. My plan is to update it.

The reason NOT to make a priceguide, is that people take the price guide as law instead of with a grain of salt. Just because the market price of something is set does not mean there are or are not people that are willing to pay a higher or lower price. This is something that cannot be expressed in the form of a price guide.

Life and i think mana is 250 feed power

Well if you would like I can preface this with “please take this with a grain of salt” although I feel that that would not be necessary since the point of a guide is to guide you to the right direction. Not to tell you what to do.

What would be more useful, is giving reasoning for why you think a particular item is going to go up or down in price. This will generate more discussion, cause more of a shift in the market, and give rise to profit for people that can take advantage of it.

For example, given the addition of sewers as almost the primary means of obtaining defense, less people are running Abyss. Hence, less vit is being sold. There is so little vit, that the price has gone up way past that of other rainbows. It will likely continue to rise until it rivals the value of def/attack, as more people grow accustomed to doing sewers in place of abyss.

I really don’t want there to be a ton of comments in the comments section for each item. I do appreciate suggestions for comments though because that is stuff that could be actually helpful to people viewing the guide. Although I’m not too sure about sewers quite yet. I feel like people feel less inclined to do sewers just because of the amount of time it takes to learn rushing it and if you don’t rush it it’s not worth the time at all. At least in my opinion. But yeah, if an easier way to farm it comes about, I’ll definitely add that in.

I’m also considering making another section for each item in the chart of where you can find that item the easiest. For example, I would list dex pots as being easily found via farming sprites.

That’s certainly your perogative, but the time required to update a guide is not trivial, and if you want to keep it up to date, then there’s no end in sight to the amount of your time it will take…and meanwhile, that’s time you can’t spend actually playing the game.

RealmEye Trading, on the other hand, is completely automated. MrEyeball isn’t spending any time on it at all any more.

Anyway, I’ve given my opinion, so I’ll shut up now. Best of luck in all your future endeavors.

why do i feel that spd is 0.5 def and not 0.33-0.5 cuz no one buys def for 3 spd (at least when im on us west 3)

A lot of people actually quick sell 3 spd for def. It happens but rarely. It’s definitely closer to 2:1 than 3:1.