Work In Progress section (again)(rant included)

tl; dr, how to implement the WIP section?

I… Do not like to rant. I prefer having good uplifting mood to have a thread in, to have an all-round good time between everyone… I just want somewhere to blow my steam, so please don’t take this too seriously…

Rant

PEOPLE. I know that some of you are new, and have no Idea about how the forum works but please, READ some good ideas and how they were implemented and more importantly PRESENTED in the forums! The Ideas section is meant for COMPLETE ideas! They’re meant for harsh reviews on balancing and concept implementation, not developing the concept to its potentials; only polishing it! I’m sick of seeing SO many posts of incomplete ideas, and I can’t imagine how older lurkers feel, especially ones who have seen things way worse than I. Thankfully every once in a while, a golden complete idea appears, but that’s not how the Idea section of the forum is meant to be… It’s meant to contain complete ones from the beginning! We need something to review!

So… This idea has been floating around for a while, but i haven’t seen much discussion of why it should and shouldn’t exist, or just a general discussion on it.

So… The WIP would be where people go to develop Ideas. After they’re done, they’ll move it to the appropriate section of Ideas.

Poll: should we change our approach to the Ideas category?
[Ideas Section] Sprite/Lore Request Subsection?

To your rant

People will either “research” a forums before hand and quickly learn the ins and outs or they won’t, This goes for the forums as a whole, not just ideas.

You’re not going to have an affect on that.

So true. The purpose of the rant is just to blow steam off anyways, so I’m okay with that.

On topic, why is the WIP not implemented yet? Is there a strong reason that I seem to be missing?

Not like we can really do anything about it, though. However, there is a #ideas:best section, that I recommend everyone to look at. Those are the super polished, amazing, and overall the best of the best. We’ve all been looking for a WIP section, for better or for worse.

However, if anyone has an incomplete idea that they’d like to share, the Realmeye discord would love to help you :slight_smile: (most people at least ;))

^^^^ I do also hate the incomplete ideas. ^^^^

You can’t really blame most people for their lack of knowledge about the Ideas Section, most OPs probably realize that incomplete ideas aren’t appreciated AFTER someone has told them AFTER they had made their post. My point is, a WIP section is probably going to come eventually, but for now, incomplete ideas in the Ideas Section is inevitable.

A WIP area would be heaven. One of the joys of a forum is the ability to share feedback and brainstorm ideas… which is exactly what the ideas section needs IMO. I have a few ideas I’ve been kicking around in my head, but without the input of other people I can’t really tell if they are viable, or if I’ve missed something obvious, or… (plus I can’t draw sprites for toffee, so my ideas will always be incomplete).

First timers to the ideas section need to have a way of getting help, support and feedback on their ideas without just being slapped down by the Incomplete Police

Stvfoe?

Eh?

Nevermind me, I thought toffee was something else.

i recommend the ideas discord

which is a large majority of realm eye discord’s ideas people.

i just kinda ignore it and move on. most times i dont even read the idea, especially if i can tell its incomplete. If i see likes i generally read it.

dont we have an ideas section?

yes we do, but the only people who have access to it are

+ mods (xaklor, me, shatter and tybug). This guy = atrapper

and the latest msgs are like

oh i see

Power of Necromancy, bumps!

So… what is actually stopping a WIP section? I’ve just seen some peeps in the ideas section talking about it, so I thoughtit was a good time to bring it up.

If you ask me, I think that MrEyeball simply doesn’t care enough.

Which means we should riot.

TRIGGERED FIX UR USAGES

######bump

@moderators, feel free to close, because the WIP section is here :smiley:

It’s a Christmas Day miracle!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.