Wyrm Rider - Conqueror of Dragonkin

looks cool thanks for the link might check it out :slight_smile:

Interesting that you remade the concept from Darza’s Dominion, because they remade one of my concepts.

The old Wyrm Rider used to use her whip in order to latch on top of enemies and inflict sword damage from there, while also taking much less damage from the target. It was an interesting idea but one that was way too complicated, so I toned it down to grappling enemies with the whip and causing her sword damage to transfer directly to the victim. Darza further toned it down to simply causing the target to be slowed, so it lost all semblance of ‘riding’ by that point; it probably should be renamed to ‘Dragoon’ or something.

First and foremost, the Horn graphics are great; not too overbearing, while still being an identifiable object that can’t be mistaken for anything else. The Wyrm designs are also great (the Wrathlurker’s is a little funky on those purples and blues, though).

Gameplay-wise, the design is odd because you’re mounting a humongous dragon (cute detail with the player silhouette, by the way), but you’re considerably weaker while doing so. There’s also a slight problem with how noticeable the dragons are. It’s fine that there’s a transformation, but these things are huge, and even a t0 ability will create a large and obscuring sprite. If there are a lot of people playing Wyrm Rider together, it will create a lot of visual clutter, especially since the tiered Horns all summon the same dragon, and especially since it’s so dirt cheap to use that they’ll be able to summon another one after the cooldown.

If the dragons need to be weaker, that’s fine. The ability makes sense as a means of tanking, with the defense and health boost and all. But is +50 really that good? The Paladin can give over 100 max health to everyone around him, so 50 to yourself is kind of minuscule. They aught to be more expensive and give more health, or even have their own entirely separate health pool from the player.

Wow, I didn’t know that definitely.

Thanks, and noted. I wanted to make a fat-ish corrupted drake kind of vibe with that one, so it might be over-pixelated. I’ll see if I can change some.

Ohh, that’s right. The last thing realm need now is more visual clutter, with the pets, and all the player skins

I think I’ll work with this! Sort of like a pseudoarmor which when broken stops the transformation

All in all, thanks for the insight! It certainly is an honor to have a review from the original.

Juggernaut is basically a jugg warrior, given + 200 defense instead of doubling but is balanced out by a health cost instead of mana, and Apocethary is a interesting combo of a huntress and a priest (uses a bow and heals using a throwable bomb)

On the Wyrm Rider, I agree with you, it’s quite strange that she (it’s a female character in Darza’s Dominion) uses a whip instead of a Wyrm, interesting idea for a UT though, the demented horn, dropped by the Ivory Wyvern, makes a mount similar to Feargus the Demented in appearance, I will let you stay it and sprite it if you want to add it (after all this is your thread)

Thanks for the feedback! It definitely looks like feargus, especially with the coloring, but I’d still need to sprite a font and back sprite, so for now, I think it’ll stay as is. Especially since time isn’t exactly an expendable commodity right now.

Post this on reddit. Rotmg Moderators actually check reddit :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.