Wyrm Rider - Conqueror of Dragonkin

#Wyrm Rider – Conqueror of Dragonkin

Iron Cage skin

Dragons, wyrms, drakes, there’s a hefty amount oversized lizards which plague the realm. These inspiring beasts have always been one of realm’s most feared and respected creatures. Obviously, some realm heroes have taken the mantle of taming these beasts and rides them into battle. Those who have gained the tenacity and diligence are known as the Wyrmriders, conqueror of dragonkin.

Have you ever heard that there’s an app for realm for the mobile phones? I did about a month ago, and I played a little of it, at least enough to unlock all of the classes, but not max any of it. I do feel one thing; The latest class’ ability is a disappointment. Especially since it bears the name of the “Wyrm Rider”. You would think that a wyrm rider would be as overbearing as a warrior or a paladin. Now, here’s the class idea that I’ve come up with that vision in mind.
Unlocked by: level 20 Paladin and Ninja

The Wyrm Rider uses:

• Weapon: Katana
  • Ability: Horns (See Below)
  • Armor: Hide
  • Accessory: Ring
Stat Starting Gain/level Average Maxed
HP 150 20-30 625 720
MP 100 2-8 195 252
ATT 15 1-2 43.5 75
DEX 12 0-2 31 55
DEF 0 0 0 25
SPD 10 1-2 38.5 50
VIT 8 1-2 36.5 60
WIS 8 1-2 36.5 50
> HP, Mana, Def are all standard. Attack is 65, and dex is 75. This class’ normal hits are supposed to help deal with smaller minions, and a higher firing rate helps to change targets and spread target better. Besides that, the DPS is pretty much the same, slightly dropping the higher the enemies’ defense are. Speed is a disappointing 50 because this class gains extra speed upon its ability’s activation, and because this class isn’t meant to go balls deep when attacking. Wisdom is lower than Ninja because the power of this ability is pretty high (but pets, amirite?) Vitality is a bit higher to compensate HP regeneration via risk of using ability (again, pets, but not everyone has a good one) Graph : to compare DPS of the ninja (pure weapon) Wyrm Rider is the cyan one:

#Ability: Horns – Call for the Tamed Dragonkin
All tiered abilities has the effect to:

1. Inflict “Mounted” on self ; changes the sprite, attack pattern and stats of the character depending on the ability tier.
  2. Buffs Wisdom on an area around the player.
    ###Mounted

For tiered abilities, all of them increases speed, defense, and maximum HP, and changes attack range and damage. Helps to not clutter the stats above the character’s head.
    Also buffs allies around the user with extra wisdom, especially benefitting sorcerers, paladins, mystics, necromancers, and priests.
    The format for the abilities in the game would be something along this line:

MP Cost: 85
Duration: 5 second
On self:
HP buff: +50 HP
Armor: +12 defense
Speedy
Damage: 120-160
Range: 7 tiles
On Party:
Radius: 3 tiles
Wisdom Buff: +12 wisdom

Okay, that’s a lot of buffs. Let’s break it down here.
By simply pressing the ability key, you gain extra HP, a healthy amount of defense, speedy, and extension of your normal damage. Also, during mounted, you are “stunned” in a sense that you can’t attack using your weapons normally, but rather you are “using” the wyrm you are riding.Therefore, attack modifiers and attack speed is based on your character, it’s as if by activating your ability, you transform into another class momentarily.

Unless stated otherwise,

• All mounted projectiles(Bullet) has 7 range, with speed of 10 tiles/second.
  • All horns have a cooldown of the duration + 2 seconds.
  • All horns changes the player’s and the projectile’s sprite to this sprite
Sprites of Character and Projectile
Mounted Sprite Mounted Projectile

This transformation is supposed to make Wyrmriders feel powerful upon activating the ability, but it also brings a drawback of a lowered attack power, and removed piercing. It brings you great defensive power, and extended attack range. You still have a decent amount of attack power, but you certainly don’t have the DPS stability of piercing classes. You also buff wisdom, especially for classes which exist around range 5-9, considering that the wisdom buff range goes up to 3 tiles, and the range of the ability is 7 tiles. This means boosting paladins, mystics, necromancers and sorcerers should be among the group which is benefitted by the wisdom.

Sprite Tier Name MP Cost Duration Damage Defense Buff HP Buff
T0 Dusty Horn 60 3 seconds 20-60 8 15
A horn which has been handed down to several generations, used to call upon aged tamed wyrms.
T1 Bone Horn 60 3.5 seconds 40-80 8 20
A bone horn extracted from the spikes of a newly tamed common wyrm, still wild and energetic.
T2 Ivory Horn 70 4 seconds 60-100 9 28
The ivory protrusions which belongs to the back of Tusked Wyrm is used to create this decorated horn. Its sound echoes through your heart with the image of a rumbling giant.
T3 Dried Zigre Horn 75 4.5 seconds 80-120 10 35
The Zigre Wyrm's clean white horn tip has been cut and dried, creating a clean inspiring sound when blown with the elegance and power of a large nimble predator.
T4 Azurespawn Horn 80 5 seconds 100-140 11 42
Known as a descendant of the infamous leviathan, the Azurespawn Wyrm is one of the tougher wyrms to tame purely because of the energy blasts it is capable of creating upon being angered.
T5 Vinesworn Horn 85 5.5 seconds 120-160 12 50
Wyrms of the Vinesworn family is very tricky to tame. Its innate ability to pin people who dared to tame it using rough vines means that any tamed wyrms of this family is a rarity.
Sprite Tier Name MP Cost Duration Damage Defense Buff HP Buff Stat Bonus
T6 Baron Wyrm Horn 85 5.5 seconds 120-160 12 50 +2 wis & viti
Baron Wyrms has a lot of pride in their selves, taming one is not a simple task. Their persistence can last more than a human's life. Their large build and rough demeanor doesn't help the cause.

Untiered Ability

The Untiered Abilities of this class calls aid of other dragonkin! If you’re tired of riding wyrms, there’s a drake, and a swamp drake. Okay, you don’t get to exactly ride dragons, but hey, this works!
##Wrathlurker Flute

Horn Sprite Mounted Sprite Mounted Projectile
*Projectile rotates -60 to 60 degrees a second* Dropped by the Giganodon the Continent (A boss which may or may not come with a new dungeon idea)
Tier MP Cost Duration Damage Defense Buff HP Buff Speed Debuff
UT 100 4 seconds 200-240 20 80 -10
Does not inflict speedy. Inflicts healing instead of a wisdom buff, with a radius of 4.5 tiles. RoF is reduced to 33%. Attack pattern changes to a stationary projectile which lasts 4 seconds. > I love my stationary projectiles. This one spawns stationary projectiles, slows you down, armors you up even more than the other horns, gives a decent HP buff, and heals allies around you. Very similar to a paladin's buff, but smaller, and no damaging. Is used for players who wish to get more defense instead of speedy. ##Moltenscale Caller
Horn Sprite Mounted Sprite Mounted Projectile

Dropped by the Shaitan the Advisor

Tier MP Cost Duration Damage HP Buff Speed Buff
UT 120 5 seconds 60-80 50 10
Instead of buffing wisdom, inflicts slow and bleeding to enemies within 3 tiles. Attacks with a range of 4 tiles with 3 projectiles of 15 degrees arc gap. Attack pierces. > This one is to bring the are clearing part of the Wyrm Rider to the maximum, instead of being a swap out when the Wyrm Rider wants to stay afar in safety. Within the radius of the Moltenscale drake, enemies are slowed and bleeding. Not just that, but your drake fires a shotgun of 3 piercing flames, even if the range is decreased. You should find that DPS-wise, this dragon is pretty much equal if not less to your normal shots if you don't mind standing 1 tile in front of yourself, but you get no defense buff, so I would call it quite even. The "shotgun" aspect is supposed to help clear your area, not target an enemy down.

Shameless plugs, and preview for the next class idea! Coming in… 2 weeks?

Author's Notes

2017-09-16 : Released!
2017-09-17: Edited the right Iron Cage skin in

I love the concept and the sprites, you clearly put a lot of work into this idea. The UTs are also very unique and interesting.

Thanks, mate. It sure was a while since I last posted a class idea. Glad you enjoyed the read!

Okay, THAT I didn’t draw the connection at first. Huh, they are pretty similar now that I see it. Oops!

why does the skin use a bow?

Shyet, i put in the wrong skin. Thanks for the heads up! I’ll change it as soon as i get back to my pc

@Shatter, Alright, it has changed now!

Very cool, would definitely play this class!

Wrathlurker too thicc

Id main

Necroooo bump :wine_glass:

looks Awesome!

Greatttt Idea and sprites but this would take too much work to make and DECA probably won’t put in this much effort into a new class, including the new UT dungeon. THO I LOVE THE SPRITES AND THE IDEA.

Man i just unlocked the wyrm rider :smiley:

Thanks! I hope it’s well balanced as well…

Yeah, being realistic, I also can’t see them implementing a new class BUT it’s fun to try and come up with one

Nice, you play it too? I haven’t played it in a while, but am thinking about returning, especially to try out those 2 new classes they just added

A great idea. Good to give the katana to someone else!

Been playing 3 days, got a 4/8 archer rn.

Ps we are talking about drazas

Damm, I must be really rusty. i can’t finish a dungeon in 10 minutes! Are we allowed to talk about the name, though? Admittedly, this idea IS based on that game’s class.

:smiley:

The heck is this? a pserver of some sort?

Mobile game: drazas dominion