Inviting the 'moderators' group to a topic

You currently aren’t able to invite moderators to a discussion because I think there is a cap for how many people you can invite in one go.

Instead of posting ‘Calling @moderators!!!111one!!!’, could we have a feature that allows us to that?

Possible solution for the invitation issue with the mods group
Bug? Topic invite button disappeared
Possible solution for the invitation issue with the mods group

Or at least multi-invite, so you don’t have to click invite a million times.

Noice.

what cant you go
@moderators
it notifies 14 people it says

I meant the ‘Invite’ function found at the bottom of each topic.

You could just post a comment but the invite feature is less distracting.

truth is the invite button is pretty unnecessary.
@scorchmist works so much better

The mods rather us use the invite feature.

also @moderators Uni is correct you cannot do this

Doc you’re a liar! a big fat liar!!!

well i personally feel somehtings including the name in the message is so much easier like

“look at this @scorchmist, you look so awesome in this pic”. So they are iniviting that person to this specific post. not the entire topic

Whoops. Well, we’ll have to check this.

If the reply is only for the purpose of doing a @moderators then it’s not an on-topic discussion. In these situations using the invite function is preferable. If it worked, of course.

It appears that this feature was put in place to prevent people from sending too many invites. Jeff even acknowledged that the invite feature can only be used for trust level 2 and above so the risk was lower, but they still decided to implement it.

Perhaps kicking Blackjam from the mod group xD

This is still not working, it seems.

Bump

I believe the tag is working. I’ve just been having trouble with certain mod functions (combining threads) from my phone. Sorry about that.

I’m going to try inviting moderators using the tag, apologies if you get invited.

@Stupidity It doesn’t work

Oh. Okay I misunderstood the thread.

Using the tag @moderators in a thread definitely calls us, but “inviting @moderators” does not work. Sorry for the misinformation.

Yeah, tags work fine but sometimes I don’t want to be ‘that guy’ on the threads whenever I need to invite a mod.

I usually just invite Doc for moving things (gives him some work kek) and you because you’re the duo moderators.

oh so this doesnt work?

after all the Effort Doc used to get me to use this.

Nope, still doesn’t work.

Asides from the fact that, “Mods plz close” is off-topic and takes up space, it’s also kinda rude. I dunno about the rest of you, but as for me, I don’t want the last message on a closed thread to be,

Hey, this is such a bad thread hurrdurr mods close

I’ve mentioned before but I’m fairly certain that the reason why we can’t invite the moderators group right now is because invites are rate limited. I’m not sure what exactly the limit is (i.e. 10 invites max) because I have not yet accepted Google into my heart (@Shatter) but I do have a proposed solution:

You might not want to kick certain moderators out (i.e. Blackjam) because they did a lot during the early stages of this forums but how about creating a new group?

The new group name could be called @mods or maybe @police (so it’s less confusing for the general public) and would consist of Doc, Stupidity, OtherBill, HGKing, MattyFatty and whoever else [somewhat] actively lurks these forums. Since this group will much smaller than the currently moderators group, and these guys will actually receive the invite so they can do what they need to, I don’t think the invite limit will apply.

The only possible problem I see with this is how difficult it is to create a new group, and how pissed off MrEyeball will be at me for creating more work (plz no ban).

That would be an interesting possibility.

I’m not the best person to investigate this, so I’ll leave that to another of the @moderators.

Fwiw, I think we have a very good culture of using the @ when it is called for and not doing a bunch of backseat moderation. Also, if the final part is an @moderators call and then I take the requested action, I don’t feel the need to explain myself. So it does make my life easier and I appreciate everyone’s help.

That I can agree with but there have been instances in the past where I chose not to @ moderators because I wasn’t sure. So an invite is much more low-key for those situations where it’s uncertain what the necessary action is.

The only reason why I revived this thread was because there was some other thread that came to my attention recently where, I found posting an @ felt improper.