• MP Cost: 150
  • Duration: 2 seconds
  • Cooldown: 3 seconds
  • Range: 4.5
  • Effect: Stunned and Hexed
  • Fame Bonus: 5%
  • Feed Power: 650
  • Radius: 3

This is a poison that would transform the enemy into another animal so they couldn’t shoot. I decided to put a range limit on it so you couldn’t stun them from all of the way across the room. Tell me what you think!

####Drops From:

• Horrific Creation
    It feels a bit too early in the game for such a good item, so suggestions would be great!

This is my first post :slight_smile: tell me if you liked it!

So it kind of becomes a rushing poison?

That’s pretty good.

Welcome to the Forums @Drakefind !

Have a :cookie:!

On a more serious note: [quote=“Drakefind, post:1, topic:5915”]
Duration: 1.5 seconds
[/quote]

seems a little bit short…

Gotcha. So it’s short ranged so it doesn’t get overpowered right?

*Couldn’t

FTFY

Interesting idea, maybe increase range and duration slightly?
and would you mind If I changed Sprite slightly?

This item is really underpowered. You’re requiring an assassin to be at melee range to use this poison, and it only lasts 1.5 seconds, with a 4.5 second cooldown?!? It’s a very unique idea and I actually really like it, it just needs buffed.

I suggest you raise the mp cost, duration, and remove the range limit. Possibly lower the radius too since I can only see this being used against o2 to aid your melee mates, and let a knight more safely take care of the stuns. If you do take my advice (you don’t have to, it’s your idea and you should do it how you want), then don’t go too extreme with it, just something like 150 mp, and a 2 second duration, and maybe a 2 radius since it’s a very ranged stun.

Stun wouldn’t have been my first choice for a debuff poison though, I’m guessing you took inspiration from the Desire Troll, I would have went with paralyze just because it sounds logical.

is there a damage for this poison? if yes, fix it. if no, its a new aspect for the assassin

Tbh, I think the duration is fine but I do agree with your radius, mp cost, and range limit suggestions. This poison essentially allows assassins to have a long range stun which is actually incredibly busted. I would say that the best ways to balance the item would be to apply your radius, mp cost, and range limit suggestions while also making it a UT white bag dropped from the horrific creation. I could see this being used mostly as a situational item when working in largely populated dungeons but as for all other instances, I don’t see it as a primary item. The best example was your o2 idea, allowing the knights to get close and set up the chain stun. This item could actually encourage the use of assassins and make them a more practical class so I really like the idea but it just needs some adjustments. Keep the duration, use @Etahn 's suggestions that I mentioned, lower the cooldown by a second. Yeh das it mayn.

you cannot change the throwing range on a poison, the game just doesn’t work that way. because of that, this is totally overpowered.

Sure, please change the sprite. This one is really bad.

I changed the range, duration, mp cost, and cooldown. How do you guys like it now?

yeep @Drakefind maybe you can make it either

1. space throws poison right on top of assassin
  2. make nothing/ a weaker poison go out if poison is aimed out of 3 range radius and this poison’s effect happen only if it is aimed within 3 range radius

Mayb make the poison comes out from u like an ep, that way there still is a range.

I usually don’t like these kind of ideas, but this one seems okay. Not sure if it’s balanced

Yet.

I don’t understand how people can say “the game doesn’t work that way” when it can just be coded in to work that way. Before pet stasis existed, if someone made an idea for pet stasis, would you just say “the game doesn’t work that way”? I understand that flash has it’s limits, but a small feature like this isn’t impossible to add.

no.

your example is along completely different lines than this one. adding a new status effect isn’t hard, if I wanted to make a new ‘super bleeding’ status effect that drains 70 hp/s it wouldn’t be that hard.
this poison is as radical a change as making characters hop from tile to tile and becoming grid-bround instead of being free to move at will. all poisons (and traps, spells, all abilities actually) are set to target the tile nearest the cursor at the time of the player pressing spacebar. poisons in particular hit that tile specifically. the poison can’t target a different tile because the game doesn’t select another tile, telling it to pick another one any would require a total rewrite of the ability mechanic.

there are limitations to how far you can modify the game before it becomes more hassle than it’s worth. if an idea you or anyone else has requires this much rewriting and “special treatment” to work, then it should be scrapped. the hardest part of making UT items is getting the “simplicity” trait down. all current UT’s do something different, but they’re all pretty simple as far as modifications go. overly complicated items have no place in this game.

lol how is pet stasis something that would be hard to add in the game? it changes a small amount of factors.
for example (simplified as I don’t write code.):
Pet ability://TRUE//
to
Pet ability://FALSE//

same as how sick works. adding a range to an ability would use a lot more factors than this, but to argue with @Xaklor 's point of it being way to hard to add: The factors are already in the game to be set for the ability. weapons have a range and so do projectile based abilities, if poison work how I think it does the “bomb” is a projectile in itself that can be limited just as a ninja/archer star/quiver can have its range modified. If not I don’t believe that it is hard to change the visual effect of the poison from passive sprites to a projectile. The particle effect wouldn’t need to be changed if the shadow caused by the poison’s passive particle effect is the base projectile. The “shadow” or base projectile would have a range and the particle effect would follow the projectile.

that is not how it works. AoE grenade have no range, not even for monsters. Geb’s AoE bombs can be hurled across the entire room, and the only reason that they aren’t very often is that Geb thankfully has a limit to how far he can see. assassin poisons work the same way, they pick a tile and 1.5s later an explosion happens centered on that tile. there’s no “range” involved.

do you hear yourself? you’re suggesting to completely overhaul the mechanics behind poisons for the sake of a single UT. that’s not very efficient and probably will have major repercussions in ways that aren’t obvious.

Make a new status effect that lowers poison throw range. Problem solved. /s

I never said hard. I just used pet stasis as an example to something that didn’t exist in the game but got added in. You can’t just use “the game doesn’t work that way” as an excuse to not add a new feature into the game. You can make it work that way. It’s just poison throw range, I’m not asking you to make the game a first person shooter of anything.

again, that’s not a thing, i.e. does not exist. would require a total rework of the entire thrown grenade system.

last time I’m going to say it, because no one’s listening to me.

Creating a Good Item Idea