ROF:100%
Drop Location: WIP
Fame Bonus: WIP

2: Incandescent Aegis
Type: Tome
Effects:
Healing for 4+wis/75 sec
Creates a circular barrier with radius 3+wis/37.5 tiles, center on player
The barrier has (2+wis/50)*MaxHP HP, with a defense value equal to 2(wis/3)
When barrier HP would reach -1, the barrier breaks
Barrier will last for a maximum of 15 secs
Silenced to player for 5secs
When the barrier is hit by a projectile, the MP of the user is drained by (Damage of projectile/15). This value is rounded down to the nearest integer (0 is an integer).
CD: 20 seconds
MP Cost: 100
FB: WIP
Lore: WIP

3: Abyssal Pressure (oh boy, this is gonna be hard to explain)
Type: Spell
Shots: 4
Shot pattern: Basically the UT Wakizashi of Crossing Flames
DMG/Shot: 650+(MaxMP/currentMP+2*wis/3); round up to the nearest integer
Effects: Ignores defense, pierces enemies, -20HP on cast(to self) and slows targets for 1+wis/50 sec
CD:2 seconds
MP Cost:145

4: Sky Fury, the edgeless blade
Type: Katana
Shots: 1+1
Damage: 110-125(S1), 0-0 (S2)
Effects(Shot1): None
Effects(Shot2): Daze for .15sec,
Effects (Both Shots): Pierces enemies
Range(Shot1):4.75 tiles
Range(Shot2):7 tiles
RoF(Shot1):95%
Rof(Shot2): 2.5%

5:Black Hole (WIP)

I am open to balancing suggestions and resprites
I am fully aware that some items may not be possible to code into rotmg. This is primarily a though experiment.
My spriting is autistic, not artistic. Please help.

The Drop location for all of the above items are not in the game right now.
If possible, all items will be limited to one in the game (like one player has the item in the ENTIRE game. this is contentious though, I’m thinking about it.)

Special Notes:
Even on a warrior, the hp gain per second is not that much. Assuming that the warrior is firing from 1HP, and has a tops set+DECA on, The warrior will gain about 35 HP/s. It’s not that big of a deal.
Item 2 (Incandescent Aegis) is literally a support fire shield. the CD is to prevent spam, and the silenced for 5s is to prevent a tome swapout+inst. heal.
Item 3 (Abyssal Pressure) lore-wise is a spell that opens a gate to the bottom of the ocean, thus creating 4 high pressure blades of water. Damage will need to be adjusted, although I don’t think it’s too bad.
Item 4 is literally to make the katana classes great again. assuming max RoF on ninja (Berserk, Wyrmhide, UBDEX) , you get .25 sec of daze for every 2.75 seconds of no daze. The second shot deals no damage to prevent cheese (although you can’t cheese anything with range 7)

Welll… fix those sprites first, i cant tell how it looks at all

use like the rotmg draw tool thing

It’s down or something

Soul Trapper’s Blade
image -> image

Incandescent Aegis
image -> image

Abyssal Pressure
image -> image

Sky Fury
image -> image

Ah, thank you @Redox. May I use those sprites? Credit will be given, of course.

Of course you can use them lol.
Sprite credit is really not neccessary, I loved the concept sprites so I just offered those ones.
Use 'em bro. :smile::call_me_hand:t5:

Wow those 2 bottom sprites look fire gj you’ve improved a lot

1. Sword: Um no. Warrior and Knight have the highest vit. Adding a vit mod to their swords is a bad idea. Special effect is even worse. You’d pretty much be breaking pet stasis effect which is absolutely ridiculous.

2. Tome: An idea already come up with more times than stars I have. Priest is a very poor class to use this ability since priests have range and dont need barriers, making this kinda dumb to have and redundant. It fits with knight more since they actually need to get close. MP drain makes this even worse.

3. Why tf you adding mods to everything. Wizard doesn’t need wis mod. Adding it to abilities that don’t already have it doesn’t make for anything original or unique.

4. Katana: No. Too op. Better think this one through again.

Sword seems somewhat useless because of pets.
Tome looks like a ninja star, and isn’t an “aegis” a shield?
Barrier looks cool, but can enemies get past the barrier and sit on you? Reminds me of another version of the samurai on this forum, where there were like rotating shields or something.

I don’t know what to say about the last two, katana seems pretty cool, but it’ll be hard to control I guess…

…but its called a wise-ard…

0.25 seconds isn’t a lot, and the second shot deals no damage.

wizard

lmao if you think having infinite slightly nerfed qot shots isnt too OP then I dont know what to say.

1. did you look at the fire rate
    2)did you check the daze duration

A QoT archer can do daze infliction much much better than this.

Is that literally your only complaint? I’m 1) offering an alternative to Ancient Spell: Pierce and 2)the shots originate from 4 different locations but are 3)very linear in nature, reducing the damage control aspect.

I could easily resprite this to be a shield. MP drain is necessary because, without it, you could slap it right back on after the CD, and besides, you have a pet, no?

have you heard of sick? you can inflict pet stasis+sick if you really want to prevent this use of this sword.

Did you look at what the vit actually does? It is multiplied to MaxHP/(CurrentHP+1000).
Assuming a warrior with 950 Max HP and 80 VIT, and is currently at 0 HP, the the damage is only increased by 72 from the base. Did you do the math? Also, if you calculate DPS for that sword, it’ll heal only 35 HP/sec under the most ideal conditions. Divines already heal 90 HP/sec. If this is OP, then get rid of pets.

Most of your arguments are, item x inflicts a status effect that only a singular item y currently inflicts in the game, so it must be OP. Please do the math and rethink.

The only criticism I can understand is the shield tome.

When you get pet stasised xd

It’s an aegis because it summons a “shield”. Yes, the enemies can get past the barrier. Otherwise this would be literally god-tier.

I think you better nerf the daze duration to 0.2 because all the QoT owners will be angry for having to farm all those ents for a QoT, and then have your katana come out the next day.
On the bright side, there will be less people buffing those ents, which would probably lead to realms being closed faster.

I know we call it a wizard today, but I was pointing out its origin, which came from wise+ard, meaning something like a “sage” or “philosopher.”

Yes I did. There is a reason why there are only two abilities in the game that daze right now.

Fine- now the katana dazes .15 sec every 6 seconds. If you think that’s OP then idk what to say to you.
Daze is not inherently OP- immunity to it can be coded in and it’s not even stunned.

Also, why hate on wismod? it gives more incentive to equip robes/rings that are not the T14 one.

Also, the barrier drains MP only upon contact with an enemy attack. idk what’s the issue there, considering that if you facetank a void shotgun with that barrier that barrier shouldn’t hold.

These items seem to have very complicated mechanics which I do absolutely love, however, I do have some balancing issues and the whole limited to one player in the game is also iffy to me. Also made some sprites (@Redox beat me to it and his tome is definitely better, I made them anyway…).

Soul Trapper:
So my main problem with this is its uselessness. This sword has abysmal DPS, even on an 8/8 knight with the max HP set (1180 HP), on 1 HP it only does an average of 213 damage, just over Skysplitters minimum, in return you get +2 HP. The only problem is that 3 HP is not the best when you are attacking something from <3 tiles away, risking your Ogmur AND Breastplate… So what if you lets say, using the same 8/8 1180 max HP knight, you attack at 500 HP? I mean 500 HP isn’t too low and the healing effect will come in handy. Well, now you deal 184 average damage, getting +2 HP per second which is just simply too bad. Also, a priest/paladin just renders this thing useless. Now a sword that rewards you for playing dangerous and aids you in combat by making it safer is a good idea imo, but maybe with different execution? Here is my idea:

Soul Trapper
Soul%20Trapper

Tier UT
Shots 2
Damage (40-90)+0.666(Vit)(Max HP/Current HP+525)
Arc Gap 8°+(10-(% of health missing/10)
Projectile Speed 9
Lifetime 0.5 seconds
Range 4.5 tiles
Rate of Fire 100%
On Equip +3 DEF, -2 Dex, +20 HP
Fame Bonus 5%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 800

At 1 HP it obliterates any sword with 179 (average) damage/shot but 1 HP is unrealistic. At 500 HP it does 123 damage/shot and with an arc gap of 12°, both shots can still be landed from 4.5 tiles, making it a longer ranged acclaim. At 100% Health, it does 100 damage/shot with an arc gap of 18, reducing the range where both projectiles hit to 3.16 rendering this useless at max HP, making it situational.

The tome is, once again, very creative and actually quite balanced!
Tried to keep the sprite similar to the og design:Incandescent%20Aegis

The Spell either does less damage the more wis you have or you should separate the damage wismod from the damage’s MP mod. Now I will take it as the wis being positive, so with the max MP of 750 and MP of 145 (the least where the spell is castable) this bad boy does 708 damage/projectile, giving it a total damage of 2832, making it a Jadestorm that for 30 less MP does 600 less damage and slows for 1.62 seconds.

I think it’s kinda fine, except maybe the -20 HP at use, but would just be used as a worse Jadestorm so my suggestion is:

Abyssal Pressure
Abyssal%20Presure

Tier UT
Shots 2
MP cost 150
Shot Pattern Projectiles start by the players left and right side (relative to the cursor), 2 tiles away and cross on the curser
Damage 825 (1650 total)
Projectile Speed 20 tiles/second
Lifetime 0.4 seconds
Range 8 tiles
Effect Pierces Armor, Shots pass through multiple targets, Shots pass through obstacles, Slowed to Enemies for 3 +(Wis/50) seconds
Fame Bonus 5%
Soulbound Soulbound
Feed Power 800

Now it has weak damage (except maybe very high def) but it slows :slight_smile: .

The Katana is very weak but all that needs to be done is increase the fire rate of S1 to 130.
Also My sprite:Skies%20Fury

Once again: Very unique ideas and very much the kind this game needs to make it more interesting. My favorite is probably the Katana since the idea of a single weapon having 2 completely different shots is freaking cool!

BTW feel free to use any of my sprites/ideas <3

I personally dislike it because its lazy. They implemented “wismod” instead of buffing the regeneration rate of both vitality and wisdom, not making the game much easier for newer players.

Well, when you get pet stasised, your survivability already drops, but the fact that this thing requires very low health to deal some decent damage, the last thing you should be doing is to take your time to swap out your main sword with a weak, low range one, that doesn’t seem to even heal you all that much.
So why risk it at all, when you have better options?

Exactly. Also, remember that this is a permadeath game…

That sprite looks pretty awesome, and it also looks unique.
Oh yeah, and I forgot to complement you on your ideas. They seem nice, except some of them were a bit hard to understand, and it was a bit of a pain to read…

they can both be simplified but I didn’t do a good job of it so lemme do it here:
Sword: does more damage the less health you have, has a bigger arc gap the more health you have.
Spell: Shoots two shots that cross on courser and slow.

Because the only reason why it was added was to make weak classes stronger and wizard is certainly not one of them. And as stated above its flat out lazy.

There are already plenty of incentives to use a wis boosting robe/ring because there are already 4 other robe classes that have wis mod.

The issue is that in addition to being useless against mobile bosses, you now run the risk of losing a healthy amount of MP which you couldve just used on a normal tome