• Shots: 1 (+16)
  • Damage (Plate): 180 - 220 (200)
  • Total Damage (w/ shards): 660 - 860
  • Projectile Speed: 15 tiles/sec
  • Cooldown: 2 seconds
  • Lifetime: 1 second, then explodes
  • Stat Bonus: +33 HP, +2 DEF
  • Fame Bonus: 5%
  • Feed Power: 1.11 (who feeds pets plates?)

Spawns:

Plate Shard(s)

New%20Piskel%20(14)

• Shots: 16
  • Damage (Shard): 30 - 40 (35)
  • Total Damage (without plate): 480 - 640
  • Lifetime: 0.25 seconds
  • Effect: Bleeding for 10 seconds, Piercing – shots hit multiple targets

Notes:

(bleeding doesn’t stack, by that I mean if an enemy is hit with another shard, the timer resets to 10, not 19 or 20.)

still debating on whether the star pierces or doesn’t. I’d like to make a poll but I’m too dumb to know how to do it. (but i found it out anyway)

With results from the poll, the shards pierce, the plate does not.

• Piercing
  • No Piercing

0 voters

also a demo vvv
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/280188388/

Interesting idea.
First, does this star not have an hold ability (the speedy for a normal star?).
Second, what is the speed of the projectile (AKA: how far does the projectile actually go before it explodes).
Third, does the star have pierce? Because without it, would it explode on contact or just not explode if it doesn’t hit the full range
Finally, maybe it’s just me, but doesn’t the star kinda suck? Statwise, it’s mediocre though 33 HP seems kinda random. However, the average damage, assuming the star and shards land, is 685. 10 seconds of bleeding only adds 100 additional damage, especially since vit means nothing for enemies. That means at best, we’re talking about 110 mp and a 2 second cooldown for a maximum of 785 (generally less because most creatures have over 20 def). On the other hand, you can pay 100 MP for an average of 850-950 from a now relatively common t6 star

Edit; new finally, why scratch?

so:
1.) The star does not have a hold ability. I decided it not to have one because it’s a plate. The plate does nothing but explode.
2.) I will edit the speed of the proj., it will probably be the same speed that of a normal star.
3.) As of now, I’m going through a little debate in my head. If the star pierces, it will go through enemies but explode behind or in front of them. If you’re lucky, right on target. But if the star doesn’t pierce, it will explode on contact and all your shots would hit, which makes it really good.
4.) From your perspective, I think I should buff the damage a little or maybe lower the mana cost. Thank you for your opinion! :^)
5.) I use scratch because it’s what I’m used to. Been using it since the 4th grade, and I enjoy messing around on it. Also because I don’t know any other coding sites I can make my own projects on, and Scratch is public and uses Flash player.

Seems like vanity a little.

Yes. His ideas are…unique.

so…constant bleeding your enemies?

If you can hit them often enough to reset the bleeding before it runs out each time, yes. It’s a similar concept to permastunning.

although bleeding is just like ‘x dmg/sec’ much like a poison, which doesn’t change much gameplay, unlike permastunning.

As said a lot of times before, bleeding is ridiculously bad on foes. It only deals 20 HP/sec of damage, making it a useless debuff on basicly anything that’s a godland monster or above (most godland monsters have at least 1000 hp, so yeah a tiny 20 hp/sec isn’t gonna do much).

Apart from that, the projectile style seems pretty fun to mess around with. The other problem though (and the one that’s gonna make people not want to use it that much) is the lack of hold effect.

Ninja is a fun class because its ability allows for two different playstyles, changable any time by the simple use of spacebar. It can run around very fast and use its katana, or deal gigantic bursts of damage with its star. Having those two playstyles is what makes it great, and limiting yourself to the second one kinda breaks this. If you’re limited to zone damage bursts, just go wizard with a tablet or a parasite spell and you’ll have exactly the same class, but with more range.

I don’t think that all stars should have speedy, but having two different effects on stars is the main point of the class, and I don’t think this star would be popular because of this.

Seems vanity

I think the big issue with it piercing is that it will be nearly impossible to land the full shot of the plater shards, requiring one to aim at a target exactly 15 tiles away, way out of your visible range. I think that it would be more optimal to make the little shots piercing but the larger plate not so that it will gurantee land all the shots on a single target and have a chance of giving bleeding to other monsters

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.