Ability Cooldown Timer (A small tweak)

#Exposition

This is a little idea that will probably not be noticed, but would be nice to have regardless. This relates to the cooldown of the abilities.
#The Idea
Where your ability is, there should be two features: * If you don’t have enough MP, your ability will be darkened (as normal).

NEW: If you have enough MP, but your ability needs to cooldown, there would be a timer.

Normally, when the ability is darkened, that indicates not enough mana. I want to use this feature to create a timer in which the cool-down will be over (which will probably not be noticeable).

With this idea, there will be one change:

• The ability will be darkened IF you have low mana, and…
  • It will be darkened completely if the cool-down timer is still in effect.

Let’s say this random ability (We’ll call it @Scorchmist) has 6.0 seconds of cool-down. You just used it.
The ability will be darkened completely.

Let’s say 3 seconds have gone away - Scorchmist will be half darkened, half bright.

Let’s say 6 seconds have gone away (whole cooldown) - Scorchmist will be brightened.

and so on…

I hope you guys understand.

Since people can get confused between low MP or timer, this option can be toggled in the settings, with it naturally being turned off.

#Why Should This Idea Be Added?
No reason – just thought of it.
#Final Thoughts/Conclusion
**Discuss and provide whatever you have to provide!**

Visual Indicator for Proc Cooldowns

Im sorry, i totally didnt get that?

That’s what I thought.

I’ll edit.

so this is a progressive change in colour?

You could say it like that.

oh ok, i got yah.

Thank goodness.

Sorry, I’m sleepy.

This Idea is Bad in my opinion and probably others too. There is simply no need for this and all it would cause is more problems than there already are in the game. Firstly. This would practically kill the implementation of pets in the game, and people who bought there pets would be even more angry, and it would probably just cause an uproar. If your problem is that people spam their ability too much, well then perhaps you should do the same. Bad pet? Go get some fame and feed. Plus if classes like, for example rogue wanted to cloak, and there was a longer timer implemented than the cloaks duration, example a t0 cloak, then the players that couldn’t cloak because of the timer would die because they would not be able to hide themselves to stay alive; A loss of protection that defines the character.
So basically a character breaking idea. But hay… That’s just my thought

@Zora

First off, welcome to the forums.

About your comment - I don’t exactly see how this would kill the use of pets. The idea is to simply add a timer for the cooldown of the abilities.

And besides, there is an option to turn it off. So if someone dislikes this “game-breaking” idea, they can turn it off.

I’m not trying to pin this on the rogue. The timer is supposed to align based on the ability’s normal cooldown timer.

I’m pretty sure Deca doesn’t come here anyways.

:P, well mheal pets
And why would you have an option. that wouldn’t make sense because. Wouldn’t people want to get what damage they can in and not wait for the cooldown.

I think you just missed the whole point…

Every ability has a cooldown. That is to prevent people from spamming it.

Have you ever tried to spam your warrior’s helm, but you had to wait? That’s the cooldown.

i think you misunderstood his idea, he is adding adding a counter hting for the abilities that already have a cooldown, not creating cooldowns for every ability.

Console, I made some crude drawings to demonstrate what you mean for the timed abilities,

Edit: Yeah, I just wanted to post this because someone above totally misunderstood what you said.

That is pretty much what I’m trying to say.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.