Ancient Spell: Contradict

umm…

so…

what is this duration?
when does it shoot white/black?

With so many bullets, your bound to at least get a white and black shot onto the enemy, thus if they are immune to para, they will be slowed. If they are not immune to para, they get para.

why?

By taking a quick glance at it, I say there are somethings missing and it doesn’t fit to well together. You never gave us how many shots there are. The damage should have a minimum and maximum amount. The sprite and it’s drop location doesn’t really go together. Esben, honestly, doesn’t need anymore whites. The spell’s cost, damage, and effects seem slightly unbalanced. It does a bit less damage than a T4 spell (if it has the same number of shots) and it paralyzes and slows. That seems over-powered to a point. You should consider higher cost, lower damage, and less effects.

I believe this is the duration for the slow and paralyze.

Why Esben the Unwilling? This is more of a encore themed thing, it’s like a Yin and Yang thing AKA black and white, thus suiting encore.

You need to explain how the shots get scattered. If I can reliably slow enemies or paralyze them, and choose which one I am doing, that would be cool.

Love the sprite too. I just don’t know if it deserves to be an Ancient Spell. Remember, Pierce is the most powerful spell in the game. You need to rival that. Slow and paralyze might not be the way to go.

Well…

Take criticism well, you won’t get anywhere in your current state, seriously uncouth.

you sprite hurts to look at. not gonna lie about it.

so basically your spell inflicts paralyze on everything nearby, and slow on everything it can’t? that’s insanely overpowered. at least with archers and huntresses they have to switch between two different items to go from slow to paralyze, but also archers can’t compete with the AoE of a wizard spell and huntresses can’t compete with the time it takes a spell to go off. this is among the most overpowered ideas I have ever seen on these forums.

tl;dr
#NO

Ahem

Why +5 dex and -5 att?

Question about the shots. How many of them? Are there an equal amount of white and black shots? Can I orient the spell so that only the black/white shots hit the enemies in front of me? Why would we need paralyze and slow debuffed on a single enemy? Maybe change the debuffs a bit. If you want to nerf it further, maybe have more of one color shots than another to make it harder to spellbomb.

I don’t have that much time, so I’ll say it quickly : not original, OP and making archer/huntress useless.

Your use of profanity can get you suspended.

Consider washing your mouth, or in this case, mind.

RNG to determine shot effects? Because otherwise the spell becomes broken immediately.

lol xd. first time i’ve seen an osu player…

Damn son.

I’ll make a bullet list of things that are wrong with this idea.

• The sprite isn’t great with the lack of shading.
  • How do the 2 types of shots work?
  • Is the +5 Dex and -5 Att necessary? Because that’s not, thematically, what the Yin Yang represents. It represents duality. Going on that, +5 Dex and **+**5 Att would make more sense, but be overpowered.
  • Why do you think that Slow and Paralysis on the same item, especially a spell, is fine?
  • There is no resemblance to an Ancient Spell in this idea. It could very well be a normal spell.

Final Thoughts:
This idea would ruin the Archer and Huntress, giving a powerful Slow/Paralyze to a class with more DPS than either of them.
I’d rate it 2/10.

Never said that yours was bad, i loved it, but the majority of these ‘ancient’ spells are absolute trash.

actually I was pointing out that scorch wasn’t the first. I probably wasn’t either but scorch definitely wasn’t.

Heck, it was probably that one dude who quit, forgot his name, but he was from Austria is what i remember.

truth is, it doesnt matter who was first, the first was probably the person who created pierce…

I play osu too :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.