ArexRew's Void Corrupted Realms (i.e. Elder Realms)

I was reading @Chennitoa’s thread on Elder Realms and I came up with an idea that is essentially a rehash of his idea.

This is a Drop of the Void: void%20essence%20v2%20export

They are about the rarity of a LH Top from the Void Entity undecided. They can be consumed, do not remove Thirsty, but if they are dragged into the inventory or backpack they are automatically consumed.

When consumed, 5% of the character’s health bar is turned a purple.

This is a character who has consumed 1 Drop.

Once 20 Drops have been consumed, the whole HP bar will be turned purple. Then, the HP will rapidly drain until the player sees the character death screen. To other players, it will simply appear as if they Nexused – there will be no yellow death message or grave appearing. Halfway through the death screen, the screen will distort and rewind, and kick the player to the character select screen.

Instead of the standard scrolling background of the Lowlands for the death screen, it will be a static (or slowly panning view) of the Void dungeon. The affected character’s selection box will glow purple (maybe).

Example of Character Select Screen upon the first loading in.

Example of Character Select Screen upon each subsequent opening of the game. The Warrior is Void Corrupted.

This character is now Void Corrupted. They when they are selected, they enter the Infected Nexus. This is like the normal Nexus, but only Corrupted Characters can enter it. It looks like whatever the Nexus is at that time, but water will be replaced by Pure Evil, and Void tiles and normal tiles with Void “veins” running through them will be present.

Example of what the loading screen might look like.

There will be no portals to the Pet Yard, Guild Hall, Cloth Bazaar or Vault. The doors and portals are wilted and rotted by the Void.

A freshly Corrupted character will have all of its items deleted. It will be Level 20, and 0/8. Now here is the important part: the total fame bonus of all the equipment the character was wearing upon its Corruption and is totaled and turned into its maxing coefficient. This is how many more Greater Pots of any type a character can drink after 8/8. Greater Pots, in Corrupted Realms, cannot be drunk until 8/8 and increase their respective stat +1 past
the max.

So, for example, a WC Tops set would give a maxing coefficient of 16, so 16 Greater Pots can be drunk. This allows a sort of customisation to your characters. You want DPS? 8 GDex and 8 GAtk pots.

From the Infected Nexus, you can access the Infected Realms. These are like normal realms, but as you approach closer to the Godlands more signs of the Void Entity’s Corruption is evident. More Void-like tiles, and the enemies appear more Void Corrupted – I will add an example later, but I don’t feel like spriting at the moment.

All enemies will have Void Entity style attacks – Blueberries, Star Wars, Big Fidgets, etc.

When all Corrupted Heroes (Realm Heroes but massively buffed) have been defeated, Oryx will begin to say his Realm Close speech but he will be cut off halfway through and scream in agony. The Void Entity will say:
“I have your puny Mad God under my control…
Challenge me if you dare.”

The players will be teleported into a completely Void Infested Oryx’s Castle, but there are no Stone Guardians. Instead, there is Oryx, lying on the ground. The Void Entity materialises in front and a slightly easier (not all the participants will be 8/8, remember?) Void fight ensues, but the Void Entity will occasionally use Oryx as a meat shield. If the players kill Oryx, the Void Entity will absorb his soul and become much more powerful. Therefore it is within the player’s best interests to save Oryx. Upon the Void Entity’s death, Oryx (if alive) will thank the players and apologise for his folly. He will then teleport away and leave a chest on the ground that gives the players a chance for other loot.

Essentially, the Void Corruption of your character will give you a chance to re-experience Realm for an experienced player, with slightly different gameplay.

If anyone wants to collaborate with me on the project let me know. If you have any ideas for items, concepts, dialogue etc. put it down below or contact me as well. This idea took me a few hours so I would really love some feedback.

Another Idea for Elder Realm

Is there a way for a corrupted character to return to the normal nexus/realms?

I don’t think so, because Corrupted characters can be significantly more powerful (maxing coefficient and corrupted whitebags)

The equivalent of getting 20 LH tops, just to send 1 character to the Corrupted Realm? That seems rather hard to achieve for people who aren’t constantly grinding LH Voids. Maybe only 5 or so? Or just 1? So that more people can get to it.

While I like the idea of a whole new world to explore, this idea reminds me too much of clicker games where you can “ascend” or “abdicate” to essentially do the same thing over again for greater rewards. I realize that that’s probably not what you intended, and (if implemented) the concept may be completely different from how I’m thinking of it. I just don’t want realm to turn into one big clicker game.

I would love the idea if You could keep the gear and was easier to get the fragments.
I would love elder realms, but the problem is it’s too much grind to be able to play on them (and even loosing the gear).

I get that accessibility should be important, but the current state of the game makes Lost Halls pretty much a joke. 20 Tops shouldn’t take more than about 150 Halls.

Yeah, that sort of cyclical thing is super boring. I guess the while thing about this is intended to make what is essentially loot simulator into something more interesting with the removal of the vault, and pets as well as the maxing coefficient.

I want the Corruption to be meaningful – players should have to weigh up if they want to go into the Infected World with a maxing coefficient of only 16 and not lose any of their precious whitebags, or sacrifice some really rare items to get a high coefficient of 24 or so.

Tweaking of that respect is easy, the question is how rare should they be? 1 every 4 voids? 5?

I think something like this would look a lot better for voided characters, it probably shouldn’t affect anything other than the character that is voided.

Pretty cool idea, although the item should be much more obtainable than LH tops, as LH tops are absurdly rare.

I’m at 140 voids, with not even 10 tops (like 2 weapons so far and a couple of armors) and 1 white bag (my sadness increases everytime I complete a void).

I’ve gotten 9 whites total from lost halls with only about 5 real LH tops, all armours.

Sad ;-;
I got more tops, but from MBC. But about white bags, it’s insane. I’m so lucky at the rest of the game (except shatters, so no ring from there- almost never do shatters) and all that luck seems to drain all the possibilities of getting whites on MBC or Void.

I reckon for just the first viewing of the character select screen, the whole thing should be the Void. For all other times that sorta thing would be ideal.

I also figured out what loading into the corrupted Nexus might look like:

I just have to thank you @ArexRew wrew for making expanding on this idea. Honestly, this was a three minute thought that popped into my head and I knew I had to get this down somewhere, but with you organizing such a big project I might actually see one of my random thoughts become reality. Big TY

Nice idea my dude, seems decent of an idea that could be added into the game with some tweaks. :smiley:

Ima just plagiarize it and call it my own now :computer: :point_left: :joy: :ok_hand:

This is pretty good, I really like the non vault/pet stuff, also Im excited for the Corrupted wbags and events, nice!

I really hope the bottom part of your screen isnt a screenie of you hacking :frowning:

even if it was, that would the universe’s worst hack. Like seriously, who would even bother with messing up the nexus writing?.

Then your Corrupted Character dies then you have to do another 150+ LHs. :joy:

Bottom part… the connected text?

Btw, sexy Juggernaut.
Wouldn’t want to lose it for a corrupted realm.