Blis Blade

Blis Blade

Blis%20Blade%20(Outlined)

A vengeful and devilish blade that was once wielded by an angel who was cast down from the heavens.

Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • Shots: 4 (arc gap 15°)
  • Damage: 162.5–175 (average: 168.75 / total: 675)
  • Projectile Speed: 13 tiles/second
  • Lifetime: 0.26 seconds
  • Range: 3.28 tiles (true range: 2.25 tiles)
  • Stat Bonus: +6 VIT
  • Fame Bonus: 7%
  • Feed Power: 1000

Drops From:

• Shaitan the Advisor

More info

I wanted to make an upgraded version of the Demon Blade that drops from the Lair of Shaitan, similar to how E.Y.E. is a better version of the Experimental Ring or how the Tlatoani’s Shroud is a better version of the Robe of the Tlatoani. I also wanted an excuse to work with the cool hot colors that the Wakizashi of Crossing Fires has. I tried lowering the damage for each shot but increasing the overall damage for hitting every shot in order to further incentivize its close-up playstyle. Feel free to leave feedback since I’m open to making a few tweaks in the numbers if necessary.

Not sure Demon Blade needs an upgrade, it does pretty good damage if both shots land, and does double duty clearing when you can kill mobs with low HP twice as fast if you can wade into them. As described that doubles the damage of a Demon Blade so is massively OP.

We have a sword with four spaced shots, Pixie Enchanted Sword. It only does 75 – 90 damage per shot, but is still highly desirable – it out-damages Demon Blade against enemies with zero DEF.

I agree with the others that I’m not sure the current Demon Blade needs an upgrade. Moreover the concept of a multi-shot sword that fires in a v-shape is overdone by now, with D-Blade, Pixie, Colo, and the Agent of Oryx sword all fitting that niche (not to mention the Stalwart-engraved Aspirant’s Sword, as well).

Considering this item would drop from the Lair of Shaitan and uses the same colors as Crossing Fires, maybe there is an unfilled niche that could set this sword apart and make it truly unique. Some ideas:

• Have its shots start outwards from the player and converge, either at a center point (like a tachi) or at the end point; or maybe,
  • The same as above, but just like a wakizashi, the shots start from further ahead of the player and fire inwards, or even backwards towards the player

dblade is already the best dps sword in the game i don’t think we need an even better one :skull:

Was inspired by this, and took a shot at making some neat shot patterns that could help distinguish it from dblade or other up-close sword types.

com-gif-maker%20(1)

com-crop

com-optimize%20(1)

I agree with the other commenters, in that dblade doesn’t need an upgrade. There also exist a lot of side-grades like Pixie, Chipper, Barnacle Basher, etc, so probably for the best that another doesn’t get added.
Still a cool idea though.

Can I ask what program or website you used to make these?

I’d say he probably used a tool called “rotmg sandbox” by haizor which I think is no longer hosted online so idk.

It’s called “RotMG Sandbox” through RotMG mirror. Used to be on Haizor, but someone else has been working on it since Haizor left. You can find RotMG Mirror here: https://rotmg-mirror.github.io/

The first one looks like if DBlade’s shot pattern was taken to the extreme and you either had to choose to aim one of the “scissor blades” or get close if you can. The other two seem more fitting for what I was going for, and they almost look like sword-shaped flames, which is a pretty cool idea. Thinking about it, everyone’s right in that DBlade doesn’t really need an upgraded version. I mostly made the idea because I wanted to make a cool sprite and I wanted to carry the continuity of CoO dungeons dropping upgraded versions of their midgame counterparts.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.