Class legendaries

I’d love to see class specific legendaries in the game. For acquisition, I think the new exaltation system lends itself nicely as a method of progression towards a class legendary. I’d much prefer deterministic progression as a method of acquisition as opposed to a random drop. I don’t think a legendary is something your 300 fame fresh 8/8 should get as a random drop off of o3. Beyond acquisition, I think these legendaries should lean heavily on class fantasy. Essentially taking what the class was intended to be and dialing it up a few notches. Unlike the assassin ST set that transforms your assassin into a tank. As for what type of item these legendaries would be, I feel like abilities would make the most sense as that’s where the majority of class identity comes from. Although, I definitely think class specific legendary weapons, armors, and rings could also work. Obviously these items wouldn’t just be stat boosts but would have major effects that would drastically alter gameplay in a way that would make you feel like you were the best at doing what your class was intended to do.

From a gameplay standpoint, this would be awesome for players to have something new and fresh to work towards alongside their exaltations, however this wouldn’t only be good for them. Players care more about cool items than having a few bonus stats. Therefore, having a big ticket item tied to the end of exalting a class would massively increase the number of players interested in exaltations. Significantly more people playing the game with significantly higher average weekly game time innately means more profit for Deca. Not to mention, exaltations are tied to end-game dungeons which would mean class specific legendaries would drive up key sales as well. I see class specific legendaries as an absolute win-win.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.