Crystal Prism

Definitely agree with the fp and mp raising, but I think it should stay without the def stat. This prism is very powerful, and as such needs to have a drawback. In this case, the danger of using it is the drawback, and as such this prism should remain difficult to use.

Ok

I did talk about what he should do. I noted that he should remove daze and add a three second cooldown in order to make is more fair

Looking at the comments it seems like people see this as abit strong is certain scenarios, mostly against O2 and O1. So im nerfing the stun range abit and keeping the daze range.

@Leohe The idea of not giving it a cd is so that you may chain stun, but unlike a knight shield it is 2s instead of 3 and if you mistime the stun you instantly get shotgunned to the face. I also think you overvalue Daze, yes it is strong but is it really worth putting yourself so close to an enemy boss for? If you would like you can name a few bosses youd be fine teleporting with 1 square in between you and the boss in order to daze?

@Valkenrath Some good ideas there, ill definitely be thinking of a new description.

The thing is that the daze is only useful on bosses when the bosses themselves aren’t doing shit. Otherwise, either way the daze is useless. However, that means that when it can be used it’s too op, and when it can’t be used, it can’t be used. Therefore, there is no logical reason it should be there

Also, if it has no use, why is it on the prism?

Also bosses: Sentinental, Archmage, Thessal, Daichi (during certain stages)

I did not say it had no use, im was just trying to say that i dont think the daze part was the most op part of the prism, if anything its the stun. Some uses of the daze i can think of is against the Parasite colony during wall and bone stream phases, or Thessal on her wave phase.

The daze has too many uses. It should be removed because the prism is already OP as it is. Also, either way, a cooldown has to be added.

People who dont like to use this forum, why?

I mean, you are entitled to your opinion, imo with the changes your putting it up id argue this prism would be strictly worse than the T0 shield in 90% of bossing scenarios. Less dmg, half the range, no chainability, no stat bonuses and 1/3 less stun length.

Shield’s greatest weakness occurs because you can’t reach the target. With this prism, you get to teleport to the target so although it has many weaknesses, it’s ability to teleport over basically renders all fo the weaknesses. useless. Also, stuns last 3 seconds. 2/3 not equal 1/3 against common belief

Update: Change to the item description so it no longer closely resembles the Diamond Bladed Katana.

Note, even though you may not think, you still may want to give it at least some form of cooldown or raise the mp cost so people with divine pet can’t easily infini stun with it

Chain stunning is already less efficient than a shield (with perfect timing 40mp/s as opposed to the 33mp/s of a shield) as well as it being much harder to maintain due to the shorter stun length and is much more punishable when used wrong.

No. It just shouldn’t be able to happen with a prism. Although it is less efficient, it is still easily doable with a high level pet and basically just wipes out the entire purpose of a knight. It makes a lot of things (commander of crusade, O2) way to easy.

But if you think about it, it adds a whole new level to the trickster, while being different enough from the knight’s shield to be a unique item. It doesn’t deal damage (unlike the knight’s shield), which makes it less useful for crowd control, not to mention that you have to get even closer than the knight does to make use of the ability, with far less def. If a knight wants to stun a group of enemies, he runs in, dodges the shots and lands the stun. Here, the trickster simply teleports to a point near the target and stuns it. However, because the trickster isn’t as tanky as the knight, [citation needed] it still puts itself in serious danger: a tiny lag spike that causes the stun to land just a moment after the teleport can easily end the dagger class, as well as any shots the enemy had fired just before being stunned. If an enemy is just outside the stun radius (as can happen in the lost halls), the trickster is still in danger, and must tp again to either escape or land the next stun. I personally would be in favor of a 1 sec cooldown to make situations like this a little more risky and less easily abused by the trickster, but overall the stun/daze adds a nice new element to this underappreciated class.

If you lagg spike on a knight against O2. Your knight gets shredded…
Also, you agreed with the cooldown…

This is true. Your point?

Another true statement. Is this significant in some way?

Just as a general rule, a lagg spike can kill you against basically anything so I don’t entirely understand taht point. What it comes down to is that although trickster is not as tanky as a knight, it’s capabilities to be able to land the stun without having to be able to walk until it’s 3.5 range from a target makes it too op if you aren’t going to give it a cooldown.
The main reason I am against daze is I don’t see the purpose of adding it

But on a knight, you are usually just a little further away from your target, and still moving in a pattern that allows you to dodge incoming shots (circling O2 as an example). With trickster, you don’t always know where shots are moving in relation to the point you are teleporting to, which requires a moment to size up your new situation. If you assume that your target is stunned with a trickster while you are within 2 tiles of a boss, you have no time to react while you are evaluating nearby threats, unlike a knight who is still dodging and knows what is happening.

I think the main reason is so that this item can at least be used to some effect in places with stun immunity, like Mountain Temples. The shield still allows you to deal a lot of damage be the stun effective or not, but this item would be useless without a second status effect.

Yeah, a short cooldown would be nice. Maybe a full 2 seconds?

I feel like there should be a second effect but I don’t think daze is what we’re looking for. Daze is not synegetic with stun and it is unlikely that it will be of much use at that range from anything.

What would you suggest? The status effect would have to take into account the distance the user would be from the target, and the fact that stun may or may not have been applied. Cursed or armor broken might work to help the target to be killed faster, but again there is the danger to the user to be kept in mind.