Cursed Mail of Depths Beneath

But…But look at how well it fits the name, sprites don’t need vibrant colors if the designing is good with one colour, which is what you did here, it really gives that ‘dark’ feel and looks pretty solid to me.

TL;DR: I think the sprite is swell as it is right now.

I think when you see the boss it is for you may think otherwise, right now it is the one that will be on this post. But when i release the dungeon it will be slightly revised. Don’t worry I’ll certainly be keeping the feel of it, but just a little touch up, maybe some contrast in the shoulder pads or something.

I suppose that you do know best about sprites, I really want to see this new dungeon, when will it be coming out?

I will release it when it is done and i am happy with it, give me a couple weeks to a month, I’m really only in the beginning phase at this point.

Alright, how about I come over to your place and check it out for you?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Are you in the discord? When I’m getting toward the end of it and feel like it need revision those are the people I will be showing first. Very fun place anyway, i think most of the regulars are there.

Oh, I am, i’ll look forward to it then.:slight_smile:

OH damn. I like it
The sprite is pretty dark, but it’s okay I guess

Hm. Interesting.
So this is a CC/Soulless for leather armor? Cool

A :candy: for you

So… let’s go over classes.

Useless for huntress, useful for archer.

Useless for assassin, useful for rogue.

Not sure about trickster, but I prefer Nile > Pyra on trickster, so useless I guess.

This is a great idea! I do not see anything wrong other than the sprite.The sprite looks a little too basic to be a UT. I recommend adding a small detail that stands out(in a good way). I would like a defensive option for leather classes, as robe and melee classes already have their beefy variants. 9/10

I’d use it on Rogue, Trickster, and Ninja, personally. Maybe on Archer and Huntress. I’d never use it on Assassin, though.

I can’t perma speedy with my pet, so -75 mp kind of sucks.

I’d certainly use it as a switchout for ninja, though.

Hmm well its not bad.

to be honest, im surprised that it has gotten 10 likes, while your older ideas probably have less, but in my opinion are creative.

The beefy leather is a common concept that quite a few people have played around with, i like the mp decrease, i used that for my katar (mainly to reduce rushing ability of dags).

5.5/10[quote=“Curlip, post:1, topic:8556”]
Stat Bonus: +24 DEF, -75MP, -3ATK, etc
[/quote]

also you dont need that etc there

Ahem. FTFY

Kind of looks like the leather from the original Shatters idea :confused:

I was nearly just going to put it on discord and not post it, trust me this is not an idea that I claim is original in any way. I mainly asked what should something with this sprite drop (with a sprite of the enemy), and @xaklor suggested a tougher leather. So I made it and posted it here to make sure it was pretty balanced.

It also serves as an announcement for my dungeon, which I want to get a little hype going for so I don’t leave it.

Yeah, well I might change it a little.

ahh thats a good idea, if you announce it, then you have more motivation to finish it.

I think the stat reduction is a bit drastic; just reduce dex by 4 and MP by 45-50 at the most? And run 22 def?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.