Do Forum Mods give any warning or notification of a ban? What justifies a ban?

it was fine until he started to continuing to attack people with false statements. I couldn’t care less about the fraud crap.

@Scorchmist yeah, I realise that’s where I really screwed up

Hi @Valkenrath

To answer the original Questions

The answer in both cases is “it depends”. Most of the time we will reach out to a user who is behaving in a way we would like to change and try to influence them without taking any punitive action. With small exception, we are pretty slow to act but when we do we act decisively. I do not give “warnings”, except in the form of temp bans. The notification of a ban is something that should perhaps be addressed, although so far no one has had a hard time figuring out that they have been banned or understanding why.

I really don’t think it will turn out for you well at all to continue to try to present yourself this way in the community. They cannot unban you, and each time you try to convince them that the charges against you are false you lose credibility.

Actually, there have been bans issued to alt accounts for ban evasion from time to time.

The reason(s) you were banned are very clear.

You are welcome to continue to pursue an appeal with any of the other mods if you wish, but I was the one who banned you. You could also appeal the ban to me directly if you like. You may also send me a PM if you would like to talk more about the details behind your ban and what you can do going forward.

I am going to leave this topic open, but I would prefer if continuing conversation happen only around the original questions if there is any need for it. It is not necessary to discuss @SupermanEH here. @Valkenrath if you continue to argue it is not going to help you or turn out well. Good luck whatever you decide.

@Stupidity thank you for the extensive explanation. I will not make the same mistakes that I did using @SupermanEH and will try to be a better user of the forums.

Thanks again.

Here’s my view.

As far as I know, it is. Ban evasion has been punished with the banning of alts in the past of this forum. Why would someone ban an account if they could just come back without punishment?

He isn’t. He literally just pointed out an error in your statement! Is he not allowed to do that? Why do you discriminate against him more relative to the other forums? You act as if he has some personal stigma against you, and seeks your pain.

Stop blaming us! You really think we have a personal grudge against you?! That we live such petty lives, that we would actively recruit people? That we see our time best spent in recruiting people to PM you an insult? You live in a diluted perspective where everyone wants to slit your throat.

Targeting the moderators now, eh?

I really hope this is… another “social experiment”. Honestly, the very notion of a moderator telling people that they should call you a “lying faggot” is utterly outrageous. Moderators are moderators because they are role models and effective janitors. Your accusations are so flimsy, and are full of slippery slope and empty “knowledge”. You act like you know that everyone on the forum has been trying to get people to insult you, and the arrogance you show baffles me.

Antagonizing the people you’re pleading for apology, especially with a view from a false high horse is not the way to go. You assume they have committed crimes, and base your statements off of guesses without foundation. Your statements are about as sturdy as a house of cards.

Although I still think your intent was to paint DECA under a bad light and to get false compensation, here’s the deal. Let’s give you the benefit of the doubt, and say you didn’t play the oldest tricks in the book, the victim and the social experiment card, and didn’t apologize to get people off your back. You screwed up, and the resulting collateral damage happened. People do not care if it was a mistake, a prank, or if you regret and say sorry, they have every right to still define you guilty. You can’t fault them for being so toxic to you. All mistakes and crimes have consequences and costs, and they will be paid by the people who did them. It is your responsibility to compensate for that, not our burden. Apologies don’t magically repair everything, serving your sentence and proving you righteous with your actions do.

Apology & Explanations (drama llama)

I made this as a more neutral post, but the first reply I got was

Which came out to me as quite hostile. I’m sorry for taking it personally from @Shatter and the other users of the forum. And you guys can be toxic to me if you want, but please understand that I’m not going to do any more “social experiments” on the forum.

And sorry if I exaggerated. (But seriously, I was harassed pretty bad ingame for awhile :cry:

Learn from it, you could have just made the thread asking the simple question it was for. But instead you rose a dead topic back to life and calimed innocent once more.

I don’t care if this is classified as “off-topic” under the definition that Stupidity has asked for this thread, if you cannot understand this you’re going to have a rotten life so I’m going to nail this into your head directly:

for better or for worse, justified or not, and regardless of whether you love it or hate it, society has “lines” that, after crossing, you can NOT go back. it doesn’t matter how sorry you are, it will be interpreted under the pretense that you are sorry solely because people have made your life suck, and not because you actually regret your actions. it doesn’t matter how you approach them for forgiveness, everything you say will be construed as a half-assed excuse to fix your reputation.

people do not enjoy being manipulated, especially when you continue to attempt to do so after you have been soundly busted by the evidence provided. deliberately attacking someone else’s reputation with completely false information is deceitful, manipulative, and spiteful. no one with any trace of morality will tolerate that.

it doesn’t matter what you or I say, there’s no “undo” button for life. no “resets” or “extra lives”, what’s done is done and you have to live with the consequences.

your reputation is as irreparable as post-WWII Hiroshima, your credibility more tattered than the Roman Empire. societal backlash is probably the most unstoppable force in human nature, the only way you are ever going to live this down is just taking it and accepting the consequences. no one’s going to “give your life back”, or “fix your reputation”, that’s just not possible no matter how badly we might theoretically want to. even if everyone who replied on this thread was willing to accept your apology (which it looks like no one is), it still would not help you. the damage has been done, but the only thing that’s been changed is who’s been hit. if you had actually gotten away with your “keycoding misformat” episode, DECA would have suffered the same pain you’re going through now, no one’s going to take it back just because you missed the target.

you’re fighting a war not even a god can win, so just stop.

take this to heart, and don’t mess up again. this scenario can reappear in other aspects of your life as well, and you don’t want to be shunned out of the rest of your life, do you?

I understand everything you’re saying very well and it was well said, but I think that it was said too aggressively towards me. I’ll take your advice to heart, and sorry if you have that much anger towards me.

I believe that anger you interpret is largely frustration, Xaklor means it well.

to be clear, he is the one who crossed the line of no return. he’s lucky enough I’m willing to explain this in the first place.

*claimed innocence

This still kind of applies though, doesn’t it? You want him not to fuck up this bad in other (perhaps more important) aspects of his life, so you give him advice.

If you utterly hated him, you would leave him to mess up as much as he liked, leaving him all alone and lonely in the end.
If you were not frustrated at him making these mistakes you wouldn’t feel a drive to write that advice.

Original post and fake email

Refer to photo of post.

No direct proof.

CTRL + F + “Experiment” = “No results found”

RealmEye TOS Agreement #17: You agree to indemnify and hold harmless RealmEye, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.

RealmEye TOS Agreement #13: RealmEye may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your RealmEye.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.

RealmEye Forum guideline: Always be civil: Respect each other. Don’t harass or provoke anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information. These are not concrete terms with precise definitions — avoid even the appearance of any of these things.

#This should clarify everything. If you have any more questions, take it up with the moderators or the TOS.

Don’t act so omnipotent to me.
@EpicNecros thanks for all the evidentials.

something I (and others in this thread too, mind you) have to pay attention to.

Do you always refer to yourself in the third person?

@CandyShi hope I’m not that weebish… I was referring to the account in its own specificity

we can just leave this peacefully and people still pry it

@Herdidi that’s the problem ;-;

Well, my apology is out there and my questions answered,
@moderators can you close up? Would rather avoid further aggression