Dungeon Tweaks Suggestions:

I like Sun Phase but once you go in you pretty much have to stay so damage reduction is 100% the way

Huh?

Yes I wrote A LOT

Summary

Definitely. The length and not to mention the difficulty of Abyss does not really make it worth it to run it as much as UDL. Not to mention the significance of Vitality. While Wisdom is probably the least useful out of the 6 Main stats, the main Wisdom dungeon The Undead Lair not only drops a lot of potions due to T rooms, it is also significantly easier to clear than Abyss and also easier to rush than Abyss.

Abyss is basically an easier Sewers but unlike Sewers, enemies there don’t drop Vitality. In Sewers, minimally you’ll get 1 defense and you can get as much as 3-4 defense per run. Abyss ends up dropping Vitality from Malphas, Attack from the White Demons (WHAT) and Defense from the Abyssal Idol. Attack while the dungeons it drops from are quite rare in the godlands (Manor and Puppet), they drop from SO MANY MORE ENEMIES than Abyss.

After doing some research I’ve basically come up with the numbers for the pots. (Not including greater pots)

• Dex, 14 enemies, 1 drops it consistently. (Limon).
  • Speed, 18 enemies, 6 drops it consistently. (Stheno and the 5 cemetary bosses) 4 drops from Godlands.
  • Wisdom, 20 enemies, 5 drops it consistently. (Septavius, Spectral Skeleton, Davy, Dr Terrible, Avalon) I don’t think I need to talk more about this.
  • Defense, 33 enemies, 4 drops it consistently (Gulpord, Abyssal Idol, Horrific Creation), 4 drops from Godlands, 2 often droppers in Sewers.
  • Attack, https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/potion-of-attack, you’ll see what I mean
  • Vitality, 21 enemies, 4 drops it consistently. (Malphas, Idol, Avalon, Corruption Phantom)

References: Realmeye

Vitality looks promising at first. But if you look more closely specifically at Abyss. Abyss only gurantees 1 Vitality for its length. It takes more time than any other dungeon to grab 1 vitality potion. And further comparison from experiences I had.

• Sprite world: Drops 1 Dex, occasionally drops 1 def. Is able to be done fast, quite easy to learn… annoying to do but its not too bad (I don’t think its a good dungeon but what I’m saying is that 1 sprite world is worth 1 dex)
  • Snake Pit: Easily rushable, learnable, etc. Not annoying to do. Worth 1 speed. Occasionally has a few T rooms. Worth more than 1 speed.
  • UDL: same thing with Snake pit
  • Sewers: Minimum 1 def, up to 2-4 per run. Worth it
  • Puppet and Manor: They don’t really drop enough for me to safely give an opinion however the other methods of getting attack usually make up for it.
  • Abyss: Long AF, 90% of the time your reward is 1 vitality. Extremely hard to rush. Its a good dungeon but it just isn’t worth it unless you’re trying to go for a UT.

By comparing Potion rates and main stat dungeons that drop their respective main stat, Abyss stands out as a dungeon providing very little reward for what it is worth. It is hard to rush, it takes really long to clear and its quite lengthy for just 1 Vitality. Abyss of Demons is a REALLY FUN dungeon but it really isn’t worth doing just for 1 vitality. You can’t rush it like UDL, you don’t get pots for clearing like Sewers and Wlab is literally better at giving Vitality than it. Ddocks you have the Crab and its difficulty in contrast with those of Sprite world and Snake pit. Same with Cdepths for Defense and Wisdom. Wlab is… much weirder. The boss isn’t really too hard and usually when called out people would rush. Trying to clear it would definitely be a lot more tedious but its just more worth doing compared to Abyss. You can get 2 attack and/or 2 Vitality and the boss isn’t that hard to learn.

I don’t really have much to say since I don’t do enough Libs nor go to the Trooms.

Where do I begin. After the Shatters rework, this dungeon definitely has to be reworked next. The entire dungeon is so “Old” that clearing it is outright not worth it. You’ve seen what the recent Tomb Event. Everyone was rushing, no one was clearing because its not worth clearing. You can tp in the dungeon so its not like Nest or anything where there is a problem. All the enemies there inflict A LOT of status effects. Paralyze, Armor break, yadada. Its just annoying to clear it not to mention the quicksand.

If I had to change Tomb, I’d probably change the rooms to be more Lost Halls style. Where each room has its seperate gimmicks and enemy types or at least something similar to that. Infact each room having its own puzzle to have this more “Indiana Jones” vibe since its “The tomb of the ancients”. I’m not sure about what I’m saying entirely if I’m being honest. But the 1 thing tomb NEEDS, is a reason to be cleared. The bosses and stuff are something on its own but this is a FAR MORE IMPORTANT issue. We really need a tomb rework.

I’ll try to say something about this? But I don’t think I’m too experienced to say anything actually reliable so take my words with a grain of salt.

• Chase phase is… dumb yet you can’t properly insert a chase phase into Oryx 2 because of how the room is designed. I’d probably rework it into 1 of O1’s more sword-like phases.

• Sun Phase, the biggest problem with sun phase in my opinion is that its too “consistent”. Theres no breaks, theres no anything. Everyone is just trying to edge slightly deeper into that bullet hell of a sun storm and its the most BORING SHIT EVER. I hate this phase. Just rework it, its so dumb of a phase that just favors range classes and just GAH. I’m not even a melee player.

• Wait… which ones Dance phase?

Generally O1 and O2 should get reworks. Most of their attacks are outdated and many of them are just infuriating to do. They are all unbalanced, inconsistent, bias against classes.

I think the crab breaking through walls isn’t as bad mostly because there are walls the crab can’t break like the spawn shit and the boss ship (don’t do it though). I think what is worse would be the Crab coming out of nowhere. A player infront can activate it and if the player does not know the dungeon well enough or is a little bit distracted they’ll get pounded by the crab. It needs more indication like a boss marker to activate when someone sees it or more sounds to alert player “OOoooOO CRAB IS COMING”.

I don’t really play Ocean Trench… I’m both not good enough and not really that interested in that dungeon. I don’t really know why.

I mean the point of treasure rooms is finding them. Just like what Davy’s Chest is. You have a choice in gaining all the loot yourself or sharing it with everyone… or at least most people. Plus, you already got most of your loot from the main boss anyways. Treat T bosses more of a “pleasant surprise” if you do encounter it. Lost Halls is another story because Cult also exists there and its an exaltation dungeon.

Only regarding the gland dungeons, shortly.

I really think the Mad Lab and Abyss needs some rework, just to fit with the other gland dungeons in difficutly and rewards balance. In my opinion the new Sewers is way easier to clear and to rush also than Abyss (I don’t rush Abyss at all, have seen to many deaths in there).

Manor is fine I think. Not because of the atk from the boss, mainly because of the good chances for feed power items (st items). Only the st dagger seems to drop a very, very, very, very (…) low rate. I got hundreds of rings and hides, several cloaks but enver the dagger.

I hate being confused, bats are hell for me, but altogether I want to miss no manor.

Another dungeon I really lke is the Ancient Ruins. You can get random stat pots and some easy Feed Power (600 for the amulet), too. You can level from low to level 20 in there with a challenge and rush with a maxed char with less time effort, but you also can die when inattentive. I think this is a great balance (and the st Archer set is also fine, the Treasure Hunter).

Cave of Thousand Treasures is great for getting some rainbow pots fast. But I would really enjoy seing it more a “Treasure” cave than it is (it is just because of the Tinkerer’s quest, yet). It’s so rare, I like the idea that the boss can drop every white from the godland dungeons (even more if also the st were possible and the Ornate Armor mainly from another Enemie, e.g. in Mad Lab to value it up).

The Mad Lab is a great dungeon - I loved to be in there when I was relatively new to the game. But now it’s mostly not worth the time for getting a wis pot (+ sometimes an Expo, which I really like) and a def pot when cleared all coiles (like this concet for a 2nd boss by the way). In my eyes it needs an Update in the rewards. E.g. moving the def from the 2nd boss to Dr. Terrible and make the Horrifoc Creation drop a mana pot or something (def and dex would be another suggestion). So it’s worth clearing.

Tomb of the Ancients… a few days ago I duo’ed it for the first time. I never did the “work” myself, and it was interessting and dangerous (did not now anything about the enemies in there). I never really liked to do this dungeon. The bosses one by one would make it more worth the risk in my opinion. All together are pain, with the quicksand paired with paralyzing and armor breaking shots.

I’d actally argue that Sewers is harder than Abyss. Sewer enemies are mostly hard due to the many status effects and gimmicks the dungeon tries to do. You have the sick sewers, the silencing shots, the slow shots, the 3d bombs, rushing water. Where as in Abyss, the enemies mostly just hit harder. Theres no status or gimmicks to worry about, you just need to know how to play realm and it serves as a really good dungeon to teach players how to play realm. The only problem with Abyss is the rewards it gives since Abyss usually takes more time, but to clear Sewers is definitely harder, especially solo.

Also I’m surprised you didn’t mention anything about Puppet.

I agree with the Abyss of Demons, Cursed Library, and O2 suggestions.

I run a lot of Abyss of Demons and, (its counterpart), Undead Lair. I do not clear AoD because of its relative t-room rate compared to UDL, which I always clear.

I agree with your suggestion about Cursed Library’s t-room design. I think the reason why it is one square wide is to prevent the mobs from escaping. The pathway is too long if anything.

O2’s chase phase is the most difficult phase because, unlike Sun phase, if you are O2’s target, there is little room for counterplay and you will most likely nexus or die. However, this is my experience of only few instances. I’ve seen many players get cornered and survive. I’m assuming they know how to use health potions or there is a method I don’t know about :confused:.

You are right, I just forgot about it. Due to it’s outdated and not worth it just for farming attack pots.

I’d like to see some variety in that dungeon. There are only empty rooms populated from some puppets - every room the same, only boss room and t room vary (but boss and t room are fine as they are, I think).

I don’t blame you for not mentioning it. It’s pretty hilariously rare to see it as a actual dungeon drop for me. 2nd rarest behind the Machine.

I agree with @XBookwyrmX, this particular design was intended; only people with enough commitment should play the troom. Furthermore, it is only optional so the dungeon designer is allowed some leeway, in my opinion.

And you still got that handy dandy R key.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.