"earn-able" event whites idea

In panel one we see a mark dropping from an event this mark will be stack-able to whatever number DECA wants it to be and the mark will be used to claim the event white that that event drops. Tn panel 2 we see the tab titled summer rare skin having the input item being 100 sentry marks and the output item being the event white from sentry, the cloak of bloody surprises. in the third panel we see a new tab at the bottom that say sentry kills. This will count the amount of marks dropped by sentry which will ~100% prove if a mark was duped or not. so if you have 1 mark from sentry you will have 1 sentry kill. lets say someone has 100 marks but 1 sentry kill, that would be a dupe and most hopefully a permanent IP ban. In panel 4 we see the output item in the gift chest section of the vault from getting 100 marks from killing 100 sentrys therefor “earning” the event white.

this was made in a few mins and is not a perfect solution for unlucky people that want to earn uts and not just have the luckiest day of their life instead.

hate is appreciated but support is even more appreciated i would like ideas on this topic.

sorry for bad grammar i failed english :joy:

most of the idea is pretty cool, but the counter should go up when you deal soulbound damage to the event boss, not when you kill it. otherwise, it’s a pretty cool idea, especially considering how unpredictable event white drops can be.

thank you for the reply and i did mean like as a kill like hitting sb and getting mark not straight up hitting last shot

Totally support this. Frick ive put 7 years into this game and nothing.

i think it would be a little broken if it was a guaranteed mark for just getting sb. not hard to get sb or grind for events nowadays

guaranteed drops suck the joy out of getting lucky drops

I love this idea, and I would love to see it added to the game. But sometimes when an event is killed, (I don’t know which one’s, if none drop a mark) They don’t drop marks. Even some bosses at times. So you may have 100 kills (And by kill I hope you mean contribute some damage and not the “final blow” type of kill) and ~90 marks due to your luck. And resulting in an IP Ban for bad luck, would be a false ban.

Not for me.

White bags are not required to progress in the game. they are simply collectible items of great help that can boost your progress. you can get to the top with only tiered items.

It would be easier and maybe even more efficient to instead have the mark drop at a 75% chance when getting a loot bag, and make marks go straight to your vault where they are unable to leave until you get the max stack.

They would obviously stack on their own, and unless it is to the Daily Quest room when you have a max stack AND the quest is available, they would warp straight back into your vault. This would prevent duping of the mark without needing to add unnecessary counters.

I’ll split the reply in 2, for the marks themselves and the kills counter.

The marks:

I think event marks -> UT would be okay, but grind is a large part of the problem in Rotmg, and enshrining that grind into “you must go and fight 100 sentries” - “you must go and fight 100 cubes” - etc - is really the same as what we currently have with RNG-Rotmg, albeit more generous by placing a guarantee at the end. But it doesn’t address problem of boredom/repetition that players complain of. It might even feel worse if every event now has its own counter ticking down in stark detail, and every event will be players spewing out their kill count or kills remaining in chat, which is maybe not a fun thing? idk.

Vault space would be a large problem - if each event gets a mark, it would be harsh against new players/f2p as impossible to keep all of them. But there is an alternate if I might suggest:…

What if instead of specific marks, it was a generic “UT dust” (or better name!) stackable item, dropping from all the events. Tinkerer-exchange the stack for the UT of your choice. Could even go wider and make it drop in dungeons, chests, daily quest. Limit the exchange quest to 1 per month or whatever to block it from being abused by dupers. Gives a general incentive to play to grind it up, but without placing rules on what you need to fight.

The kills counter:

I can see it’s been thought up with noble intentions! but it’s a very overengineered thing to set up if the sole purpose is to catch out dupers. They could just gather enough tokens legit and redeem - then dupe the UT directly and so bypass the whole thing - meaning it would only catch those dumb/greedy enough not to wait. It would require players report suspicious accounts - would that make a bad atmosphere in the community? with false accusations flying around if players suspect+report others with no actual evidence other than having a lot of UTs? And I don’t think Deca would want to set up a system which gives their staff more work on a daily basis. So I’d say scrap that part.

This is what all the people who have actually gotten event whites say in response to people who are simply unluckier, even if they’ve been grinding for much longer. I think that with an increase in the amount of marks, it would be pretty balanced.

pls just let me get a jugg

I’ve never gotten an event white ever and I am still against this.

But probably not for the same reason

probably due to my lack of interest in them :smirk:

jugg is for pussies

Take sentry as an example. Using the sentry discord I can easily do 100 in 3 hours. This idea ruins the idea of rare drops

…so you can do 100 sentries in 180 minutes, averaging at 1 sentry every 1 minute 48 seconds? mighty suspicious considering its hp scaling and the fact that the tp delay for switching servers is 2 minutes. that sounds incredibly bloated.

I might have been a little off but getting a bloody in a week or two will be very easy. It ruins the rarity of items

no common sense or didnt read my reply of me saying sb counts as kill

the sentry discord has called like 30 today lol or if there is a better one send me an inv