Exalt Discussion

Bruh moment 69

A post was split to a new topic: Exalt bug: first item in a bag going blank

I wasn’t present while Deca was collecting for the Exalt support so I didn’t get to play when it was just the supporter’s beta. That being said, now that there’s a public beta, Exalt allowing for game play to be this responsive is so good even on its own. In the flash, there was always an input-lag so when you dealt lethal damage in godlands or something via burst damage, gods would end up with 1 hp instead and required in additional attack to kill which was annoying. I’m glad to see Exalt gets rid of all of that and I’ve noticed that bosses/enemies die a lot quicker just because of how much smoother Exalt handles Realm for everyone. I can actually feel the impact of my attack immediately after landing the hit and its satisfying as heck. Landing those burst damage abilities, like tablet, waki, shield, draconic helm, etc. never felt so good and i can say I’ve been playing Realm for that addictive satisfaction and smoother gameplay instead of trying to grind for loot and it feels great and refreshing. There are still a few several kinks but it is just a beta. Good job Deca, this is seriously good stuff and hope to see even more improvements later on.

I have a similar experience: On most situations my FPS are good with flash, but I can’t play fluidly in the Unity client. I hope I’ll have until december to buy a new computer but this will maybe change in future updates! :space_invader:

My specifications

AMD Radeon R7
AMD A8-7600 Radeon R7 3.10GHz
7,67GO RAM
Win 7 / 64bits

This is gold.

He speaks backwards !

Yeah, that bug (things briefly displaying backwards-- both chat bubbles and damage text) has existed for a bit now. Not sure what causes it, but it certainly is entertaining!

Can we also talk about some enemies being able to “rotate” now? Avatar looks pretty weird when he suddenly swaps his sprite, same for horned drake. There’s probably a lot more but i keep DCing so i dunno.

Yeah, DECA added those things to the aesthetics of some enemies (gods also have new animations in many cases as well). I like it, since it adds greater detail to the game, and gives the enemies more character without detracting from the simple artwork.

I’ve already lost a few characters when I’m fully zoomed out cuz I can’t see shit hahaha

I’m always zoomed in one level, but it does remove about 1 tile of your actual FOV.

I always used to play realm and force-magnified the entire window so all the pixels were bigger.

Maybe i just need glasses frig idk

No clue what this means, would be grateful if someone would lmk what I could do to resolve whatever issues may be present on my end.

EDIT: A restart of my computer fixed it.

Memory leak is still a thing, at least on the macOS client.

I can’t zoom out to the maximum field of view. It only reaches the flashplayer screen size for some reason.

You need to match your exalt resolution with your screen’s resolution.

If you’re having the Unzipping… bug, restart your computer.

dodging while fully zoomed out requires me to re-pay attention to where my chara is. Is it not time yet to implement invisible other players, or THICC outline on our player, or render order priority given to shots and our character above other players? Maybe just the hitboxes will show in an outline if obstructed. I remember that being a thing in other games.

Well it already is at 1600x900, either on fullscreen or windowed it won’t work

Tested the beta today and I’m quite disappointed :frowning: .

I played for ~15 minutes and I could always feel the input lag, which is simply unacceptable for a permadeath that relies on dodging. It also takes like 5 minutes to start the game.

I had the same problems. The most recent update fixed almost everything for me. The only thing noticeable is the load time for nexus.

Runs real smoothly on my laptop, so I have no complaints

This seems to vary quite a bit from person to person; some people experience next to no lag on Unity, while others report that it’s worse than flash. Hopefully this can get sorted out soon.