Exalt UI Suggestion - Grave Reclassification

Hi again! Since my last idea was well received, I figured I’d give a go to another one. This time we’re going to talk about the dungeon difficulty system that is represented by tombstones, that goes from 1 (Pirate Cave) to 5 (Mad Lab, end-game dungeons, etc).

If I recall correctly, this was implemented back during Wildshadow, and back then it made sense having only a 1 to 5 scale, because the hardest dungeons were like Tombs and the likes. But nowadays there are so many dungeons with different levels of difficulty that a 5 cannot represent accurately(would you claim Mad Lab is as hard as Lost Halls?).

But why are you talking about this only now?

You see, I came back to the game slightly before the COVID-19 outbreak started. I did quit back in December 2017. Fast forward and now we have the Wormhole dungeons, Crystal Cavern, Magic Woods, Thicket, Reef, and many dungeons which were reworked. Needless to say I didn’t know where those fit and couldn’t compare them.

Now that Exalt is being worked on and the UI overhauled, there couldn’t be a better time than now.

What do you suggest then?

I propose that we reclassify the difficulty system to 1 to 10. I think this would give a good scale on the difficulty spectrum. As I think adding 10 graves to the UI would clutter it and make it look bad, I came up with this:

You can read it from top to bottom, where top is 1, and bottom is 10. I used the skulls and a darker shade on 6 and below for people with colorblindness, instead of just coloring the tombstone with a darker shade of gray(I tested this out with a filter, and it works fine).

To sum it up, it doesn’t have to be something like this, but at least I’m hoping to get a discussion going and perhaps someone from DECA will notice this post and think about it.

Bark away, I want to hear you all talking below!

Dungeon Difficulty Tiers (Gravestones) Need to be Changed
IMPORTANT: Best of the Best nominations [finished]

Idea seems sound. It also has the positive of being able to add more difficulty levels if desired (so could be 15 or 20, instead of 10). I suppose the only thing left would be to sort the dungeons onto the order.

Personally, i would prefer something fancier than just different colour skulls. to show the increase. Idk, maybe have some horns or something on the skulls? But yea, it would be nice to have a better warning system of what you are getting into via the difficuly markers.

Yeah, I thought about graves like in the Haunted Cemetery. I wanted to keep it simple though. But yeah, that could work as well.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.