Hades' Helm

Name: Hades’ Helm
Description:Stolen from the realm of the dead, this helm has been cursed by Hades himself.
Tier: UT
MP Cost: 120 MP
Duration: 7 Seconds
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Effect On Self: Invisible for 2 seconds, speedy and damaging for 7 seconds.
Stat Bonus: -10 vit, +10 wis
Fame Bonus: 6%
Feed Power: 1100
Drops From: Lost Sentry

Thanks for looking though this! Constructive criticism would be appreciated!

:0 cool sprite, but a darker/more monotone theme might be more fitting
also the +10 wis/-10 vit is kinda random

The Mana Cost and the Wisdom boost go well together, but are completely unrelated and unnecessary for the quality of the Helm.

Also, the lore of the item doesn’t go with the Lost Halls at all; rather this feels like a mangled inverse of the Cloak of Bloody Surprises that already drops from the Sentry.

In terms of Balance, the Helm already has enough Untiered counterparts, and this feels not only overpowered but unnecessary.

Also, for a 7 second ability time, a 10 second cooldown is too harsh. The longest cooldown of any other helm is 1.5 seconds. The shortest cooldown of any helm is literally none.

The spritework is cool, but too unoriginal. 7/10 o/a - next time, cap.

What’s the benefit
-10 Vit
and +10 Wis?

I really like this helm personally. I can only imagine the possibilities of an invisible warrior.

I see a lot of flaws in this, but most of them have already been covered by other people.
The most important one to me is the fact that it gives Damaging instead of Berserk, which is a lot more effective due to the Warrior having 75 max Attack and only 50 max Dexterity. And are those effects all for the warrior only? The warrior is already considered a selfish class, making its’ ability not affect anybody other than itself won’t exactly help with that problem.

Plus, invisibility is sort of unnecessary, because it barely lasts long enough to have any serious effect on the caster (EDIT: I now realize that this is pretty false, because the Speedy along with the Invisibility will make a large impact, and even without the Speedy, 2 seconds is still enough time to make a big difference). Not to mention the fact that invisibility is already possible for the warrior because of Ghost Rums, which aren’t that hard to get. Just find a Davys and farm the infinitely-spawning enemies after everybody else has left.

Still a half-decent item though, just needs a little more work put into it.

Thanks for all the replies boys!

the damaging effect is too long imo

Oh Musta, I know you.

As far as the sprite goes. it’s really flat, especially around the top.

As far as the stats go, the speedy lasts too long, it should be limited to a maximum of 5.5 seconds which is still generous. To really make it a more balanced item I’d say have a +6-8 wis gain, not 10, but that’s just my preference. Overall good work, nice to see someone I know around.

The name and the description are viciously mauling me to death, one letter per mm2.
But that is for later.

I’ll go through the stats one-by-one.

The highest of all Helms. Maybe a bit too high if you ask me, considering…

This. Sure, you can refill quite a bit of MP within that time period, but even then, it feels extremely high.
As for the duration and cooldown, both are too long. Shortening the duration to something closer to 5.5 and the cooldown to 7.5 (2 seconds, still a moderately long time) seems much more balanced.

The invisible seems a bit random to me. Speedy and Damaging is an interesting concept, but I think it’d be better if you made it an effect on Party with a decent radius rather than such a solo tool.

Though I see what you were kind of trying to go for, I’d say just nerf those down to, like, 6.
Because this is just a tad too harsh ._.

I got nothing to say here.

Finally, I still stand by my statement about the name and desc.
Have at ye!

Helm of the Tortured
A terrifying helm, formerly used to heavily misfigure those who were tested as Colossus subjects. One escapist turned its power against itself…

Interesting. However, I think that the invisble might be too op. I feel like you should add a wait time on the helm

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.