Hellfire Snare [UT Trap Idea]

HellfireSnare2

Snare Animation:
409%20(1)%20(2)

409%20(1)%20(1)

Note: “…the trap’s short 1.5 tile radius…” This is a typo made while editing. Supposed to be 0.5 like the stats suggest. Am I just lazy to go back, fix it, screenshot it again, and upload it? Bingo!

This was one of my hard-to-balance items (I’m not sure how expensive it should be in terms of MP). So you have any of your own suggestions, lemme know, okee? Thanks!

This seems a bit overpowered against stationary targets. Right now, the only things that can weaken in the game are the oryxmas ornament and the tomb lute. Both of those force you to get relatively close to the enemy, which is tough on a bard, and the ring weaken is unreliable. On the other hand, this is a guaranteed weaken with unlimited range, along with a good chunk of damage and the ability to change it out with a self buff. A way that you could change this to make it a bit more balanced would be to make it ~33% chance to weaken instead of 100

This the best point out of what I read, IMO. Yes, it is true that only the Tomb Lute and one of the Ornaments (not counting the combined version) are capable of inflicting Weak. I will admit that tossing a trap that inflicts that effect anywhere on your screen can be overpowered, and 7 seconds really pushes it. Solutions: The first that comes to mind, is obviously a weaker version of Weak (haha so funny kmn), so that its damage reduction is less. But it really begs the question on whether or not Weak is a powerful debuff to begin with. A 100-DMG shot deals 90 DMG. Yes, it could mean life or death, but it’s usually not a huge difference. 90 DMG is still a lot to tank (at least, not much less to tank than 100).

A good chunk of damage is a bit too much credit. In large player groups like organized raids, there are few bosses with vulnerability times that last 7 seconds. True, 1750 DMG is a lot. But it’s important to take into account that it’s only a potential amount. You know those times when enemies die so fast? Yeah, this sucks for that. But if you’re in a less crowded environment (let’s say you’re in an endgame dungeon either alone or with a few buddies), this item reaches its full use. And if someone wants to take a greater challenge with fewer allies, I don’t see a reason why an item like this shouldn’t be available to help that player. As for the self buff thing, like I said, if you move one tile, you’re out of the Berserk zone. 7 seconds is a ton for a DPS buff, but remember that you’ll always be moving to dodge incoming projectiles.

No. I’d rather not leave this item at the doors of RNGesus, as much as I worship him. And again, Weak isn’t a game-changing effect, so there’s no real need for this whole chance thing.

oh I thought weaken halved all damage that enemies deal. Checked on wiki and you’re right. The weaken isn’t that much of a problem considering that it’s only 10% damage reduction

If anything, the Tomb Lute is just really hard to use for a squishy class and for a meh status effect. I think the trap itself is pretty good, though we do already have a plethora of “good against stationary enemies” abilities so it feels less appealing.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.