Hornet Assassin

Working on a “Hornet Assassin” skin. This is probably my toughest skin to figure out. I think I might darken the abdomen significantly, but that might come at the cost of clarity. Luckily, Once the front and side are figured out, the back animations are way easier to design.

I just figured out that you can submit ideas directly to Deca, so I might start sharing all these designs I have sitting on my hard drive.

HornetSkin-animated-20220728-172936

HornetSkin-animated-20220728-172936

I was expecting Hollow Knight, but this is cool too. I would like to see the stinger used more.

Yeah, I’m caught between either it having a dagger or it acting more like a regular hornet and try to use its stinger. The latter might not work out entirely for realm stuff, but I dunno.

I loved Hollowknight, but I’d never make skins for it haha

I guess you’d probably want the skin to be distinguishable from the hornet pet skin as well…

Ya like jazz?

Doing something else with the design slightly. Scooted it forward so that I can flesh out the abdomen a little more and maybe work a stinger into the design.

HornetGIFBigger

Final version. yay

HornetGIFBigger

For bad and good reasons, I’d expect for a hornet skin to be for an archer. The “quiver” as the “stinger”. I’d like to see that in action any time xD. But I also get they’re both venomous if you insist on applying the skin as an assassin skin.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.