Hydra Poison

Hydra Poison

Poison harvested from the fangs of hydras has different properties based on which head it is taken from
New%20Piskel

Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 150
  • Cooldown: 5 seconds
  • 3 poisons
  • Stat Bonus: +4 WIS, +3 ATK
  • XP bonus: 6%
  • Feed Power: 950
Poison 1: (Red)
  • 0 damage over 0 seconds (100 on impact)
  • Radius: 5 tiles
  • Throw time: 1.5 seconds
  • Effect: Bleeding for 10 seconds
Poison 2: Green:
  • 200 damage over 2 seconds (0 on impact)
  • Radius: 3 tiles
  • Throw time: 1 second
  • Effect: Slowed for 4 seconds
Poison 3: Blue
  • 400 damage over 3 seconds (50 on impact)
  • Radius: 2 tiles
    -Throw time: 0.5 seconds

Notes

I just started making sprites so the sprite isn’t very good. Tips are welcome.

Why would something related to hydras drop from snake pit

Doesn’t a hydra have snake heads? I thought they were snakes maybe I’m just dumb

Those are dragon heads

Oops I guess it doesn’t drop from epic snake pit anymore…

1. Add an outline. I thought that the right portion of the sprite was completely missing until I decided to import it into an art tool. Most people use the forum on light mode and can’t see white without outlines.

1. The number of shades is a no-no, and tends to be a very common mistake. You’re using 4 shades for each poison color, which is something you never want to do. Take a look at the Centipede Poison below:

Centipede Poison

If you look closely, you’ll notice that the green liquid only has 3 shades. Also notice that the green liquid has an area of 18 pixels. Think about it: Only three shades for 18 pixels. Now let’s go back to your drawing: The three poisons have volumes of 4 pixels each. 4 shades for 4 pixels. Way too much. I recommend using only 2 shades and having a much higher contrast between them.

1. Consider using shades a bit differently. Instead of using slightly different colors for each segment, try using the same color for the entire thing and have bright spots within the lines. I don’t know if that made much sense.

Using those points, I made these two sprites. One consists of a white case with dark colors and dark tube caps, while the other has a black case with neon colors and brighter caps. Remember not to have all of them dark or all of them bright, or else there will be contrast issues.

image image

Creating sprites is something that takes a lot of time and practice. If it’s something you enjoy and seek to improve on, keep at it! :heart:

10 second bleeding dam

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.