Hydromage, the Fourth Healing Class with an all-rounder Twist!

Hydromage, the Fourth Healing Class

First and foremost, PLEASE DO NOT JUDGE MY ITEM/CHARACTER ART! THEY ARE ALL PLACEHOLDERS AS I AM TOO LAZY TO CREATE BETTER ONES WHEN THE IDEA ITSELF MAY NOT EVEN SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY!

The Rundown:

This class is built to promote the “positioning” and “timing” of players, rewarding them with lasting buffs and a consistent stream of heals. This class also deals damage to enemies with the puddles to give it more use in situations where healing isn’t really needed. In addition to that, Hydromages can charge their ability to double the damage and heals!

How, you ask? The Hydromage’s ability allows her to throw a vial that, on impact, creates a puddle of liquid that increases in size with the tier.

The Hydromage’s maximum stats are:

HP: 670
MP: 385

ATT: 60
DEF: 25
SPD: 55
DEX: 65
VIT: 40
WIS: 75

Weapon: Staff
Ability: Vial
Armor: Robe

Ability Rundown:

Note: All abilities are casted like Poison Bombs, meaning the vial must travel before having any effect. The vial can be self-casted, making an instant puddle on the caster!
Everything and everyone MUST stay in the puddle for the amount of seconds listed to receive heals/damage! <<<<<
If the ability key is held, you will lose mana (10% of the initial MP cost/0.10 seconds).
If released early, you will not be refunded mana but the ability will still be cast in it’s weakest form.
Simply put, if you hold spacebar for 1 second, your ability doubles in strength!

Tier 0: Gifted Vial
A vial from an old friend before Oryx’s reign began. The water inside emits a faint glow.
MP Cost: 40
On Cast: Throws a vial. On impact, create a 2x2 Water Puddle that heals 30 HP every 2 seconds. Damages enemies for 15 HP every 1 second. Lasts 6 seconds.

Important Note: For this T0 vial, charging the ability would grant a 2x2 Puddle that heals 60 HP every 2 seconds and damages enemies for 60 HP every 2 seconds. This will clear up any confusion about what actually gets doubled.

Tier 1: Saltwater Vial
A Vial filled with water from the crab and scorpion-infested beaches of the Realm. Tastes like garbage.
MP Cost: 50
On Cast: Throws a vial. On impact, create a 2.25x2.25 Water Puddle that heals 50 HP every 2 seconds. Damages enemies for 25 HP every 1 second. Lasts 6 seconds.

Tier 2: Coconut Water Vial
Fresh coconut water with a touch of magic. A common poison for any measly human in the Realm.
MP Cost: 60
On Cast: Throws a vial. On impact, create a 2.25x2.25 Water Puddle that heals 70 HP every 2 seconds. Damages enemies for 35 HP every 1 second. Lasts 6 seconds.

Tier 3: Distilled Water Vial
Stolen straight from the pot for experiments gone wrong. Not “terribly” wrong in this case.
MP Cost: 70
On Cast: Throws a vial. On impact, create a 2.50x2.50 Water Puddle that heals 90 HP every 2 seconds. Damages enemies for 45 HP every 1 second. Lasts 6 seconds.

Tier 4: Hot Spring Water Vial
A soothing, warm feeling you can revisit by giving your vial a toss. What a perk!
MP Cost: 85
On Cast: Throws a vial. On impact, create a 2.75x2.75 Water Puddle that heals 110 HP every 2 seconds. Damages enemies for 55 HP every 1 second. Lasts 7 seconds.
Allies receive Damaging for 0.5 seconds(Resets as long as you’re in the puddle).

Tier 5: Boiling Anger
The vial seems to be unstable and ready to blow. This doesn’t belong around your neck.
MP Cost: 100
On Cast: Throws a vial. On impact, create a 3x3 Water Puddle that heals 130 HP every 2 seconds. Damages enemies for 65 HP every 1 second. Lasts 7 seconds.
Allies receive Damaging for 1 second(Resets as long as you’re in the puddle).

Tier 6: Tidalwave Vial
Inside the vial lies a harmless wave, ready to be unleashed upon the impure to drown them in misery.
Stat Boosts: +2 VIT, +2 WIS
MP Cost: 100
On Cast: Throws a vial. On impact, create a 3x3 Water Puddle that heals 150 HP every 2 seconds. Damages enemies for 75 HP every 1 second. Lasts 8 seconds.
Allies receive Damaging for 1 second(Resets as long as you’re in the puddle).

Before we get into UT’s let’s talk.

People may argue that the Vials heal more than Priests do.
My Answer: Yes, it does in a sense. Here’s why it’s not overpowered though:

1. The Priest provides instantaneous heals versus a puddle that may be placed underneath a boss for Soulbound damage instead of healing you.
  2. The Vial must travel to it’s destination in most cases to affect a target.
  3. You must wait 2 seconds INSIDE THE PUDDLE to receive a buff other than Damaging/Berserk while in the Puddle.
  4. The puddles are pretty small.
  5. Enemies can invade the puddles and negate heals to players!

People may argue that the Vials deal too much damage for a healer class.
My Answer: This class is supposed to be a mix between Paladin, Assassin and Necromancer. The class dishes buffs out, deals good chunks of damage to stationary or passing enemies and deals damage over time.

1. Bosses with low HP won’t take much damage from a Hydromage quickly unless they are casting Damaging/Berserk on themselves.
  2. Enemies that move around a lot will take much less damage than ones that remain still.

Okay, on with the UT items:

UT: Ocean’s Tears

"He lives and reigns and conquers the world… But without me?"
Drops from: Ocean Trench
Stat Boost: +4 WIS, +4 DEX, +2 SPD
MP Cost: 75
On Cast: Throws a vial. On impact, create a 2x2 Water Puddle that heals 50 HP every 1 second. Damages enemies for 50 HP every 1 second. Lasts 5 seconds.
Allies receive Berserk for 0.5 seconds(Resets as long as you’re in the puddle).

Ocean’s Tears is a UT centered around spreading quick and mana-friendly streams of puddles for allies to recover in from any position in the area.

The Berserk will allow classes in the rear(typically Ranged) to benefit from the buffs of a Warrior without having to run up to one for a buff.

This will also allow the Hydromage to quickly reposition inside of another puddle if one gets overrun or becomes a hot zone for enemies.

UT: Purified Blood

Since Lord Ruthven had no use for anything “pure”, this vial of blood was nearly discarded… Until a hidden power was revealed.
Drops from: Manor of the Immortals
Stat Boost: 7 VIT, 7 WIS
MP Cost: 120
On Cast: Throws a vial. On impact, create a 3x3 Water Puddle that heals 75 HP every 1 second. Damages enemies for 75 HP every 1 second. Lasts 6 seconds.
Removes negative status effects from allies every 3 seconds.
Curses enemies within the puddle for 0.5 seconds(Resets as long as they’re in the puddle).

Purified Blood acts just as you think; like a Tome of Purification.

Instead of instantly depriving allies of status effects, this vial makes it so they go away every 3 seconds.

The puddle is bigger than the Ocean’s Tears puddle and deals a bit more damage.

It also comes with the same stat boosts as a Tome of Purification (Wisdom Modifiers may come soon).

You may be wondering; how is this even useful at a hefty 120 mana?

Well, it’s useful in 3 ways:

1. You can wash away long debuffs in 3 seconds by standing in this puddle.
  2. You receive a healing touch every 1 second in the puddle so you don’t get swatted out of it too easily.
  3. Enemies are cursed while in the puddle, allowing you to dish out even more damage if the Hydromage chooses to cast it on them.

UT: Void Matter

This vial knows no owner. It’s creator exists no longer. It’s bearer should step no further.
Drops from: The Void
Stat Boost: +1 ATT, +3 DEF, +5 WIS
MP Cost: 150
On Cast: Throws a vial. On impact, create a 3x3 Water Puddle that heals 40 HP every 1 second. Damages enemies for 150 HP every 1 second. Lasts 10 seconds.
Allies receive Berserk for 0.5 seconds(Resets as long as you’re in the puddle).
Curses enemies within the puddle for 0.5 seconds(Resets as long as they’re in the puddle).
Slows enemies within the puddle for 0.5 seconds(Resets as long as they’re in the puddle).

Void Matter is one vial you should keep for the stationary or slow-moving enemies.

This vial deals serious damage once charged (3000 damage/10 seconds).

What’s even better is that this vial can slow, making it way easier to land hits while dealing a lot more damage with Curse!

If the melee are close enough, they can dive into the puddle with enemies and embrace the Berserk Buff for 10 seconds while destroying their enemies.

This vial is less about healing and more about crowd control.

UT: Lavapeak Vial

A vial treasured by Shaitan, oozing with anger and revenge. It burns bright when Oryx is nearby.
Drops from: Lair of Shaitan (or something I forgot)
Stat Boost: +3 ATT, + 2 DEX, + 4 WIS
MP Cost: 130
On Cast: Throws a vial. On impact, create a 2x2 Water Puddle that damages enemies for 225 HP every 1 second. Lasts 10 seconds.
Puddle expands by +.25x.25 each second.
Armor Breaks enemies within the puddle for 0.1 seconds(Resets as long as they’re in the puddle).

This vial is going to be pretty tough to use in most situations.

Instead of healing, this vial solely deals devastating damage to enemies.

When charged, this vial deals a whopping 5500 damage to enemies that stay within it’s grasp for 10 seconds!

Also, the damage will almost never change for this vial because of Armor Break. Since most enemies are vulnerable to Armor Break, this vial will prove quite useful for maximizing the damage output of a group of players when a knight with Ogmur can’t stay close enough.

Sadly, this vial doesn’t slow so enemies who tend to chase will probably only ever take a tick of damage.

So, what do you guys think?

Should this game receive a new all-rounder with supportive, damaging, and crowd-controlling abilities in the field?

Are the mana costs fair?

Something I left out?

Please tell me. Thank you for reading in on my idea!

P.S. Yes some UT’s don’t revolve around “water”. That’s lame to make it a staple on all abilities.

I really like the idea of another healer class, spawning a healing spot is another unique way to go about it!
I wonder how the spawner would react with other tiles? Will it simply be like the huntress trap?
I don’t think we would want to be able to actually spawn water tiles, the trolling and cheating from that would be a bit much.

Thank you!

For spawning tiles, I would hope that they would simply overlap most types of tiles.

It shouldn’t work on tiles that players should be afraid of, like Lava and Evil Water.

This will prevent players from using the ability like they own a 90/90/90 pet and just sitting in lava till the boss dies.

That shouldn’t be possible.

The water tiles shouldn’t hinder player or enemy movement unless stated either.

That sounds good. Also tiles that shouldn’t be stood on. (I mean like dark water lol)

Oh I just imagined doing arena with this class. That would be so cool

Ayy, very similar to my Class Idea, the Druid!

Nevertheless, I prefer this version. Great job! Good luck with the sprites.

Good point. Pretty much any tile restricted to players should create no puddle.

If it hits a wall or something, it should just create a smaller puddle where it DIDNT conflict with the “bad tiles”.

This way, vials like Lavapeak won’t be completely useless! They will still ooze lava :slight_smile:

Your class actually inspired me to post this. I had it ready to post for a looong time but felt that it was kinda silly…

… Then I saw the good mechanics in your Druid class and said… Hey why not give it a go!

Thank you for the support, the inspiration and the luck- I’ll need it :slight_smile:

Just a heads up, how does the heal-tile work? As of currently, your description says it creates a square area. 2.25 * 2.25, 33, etc. How will 22 tiles spawn? I’m quite sure half tiles are not implemented yet…

Ehh, I’m quite unsure myself. It may have to be a circular puddle to be honest.

Squares just seem easier to work with as their edges are easily seen in large groups and such.

Will feel more like a “puddle” that way anyways. :slight_smile:

Very good idea, as my personal opinion, I think this needs to get Deca´s attention. This new calss seems well balanced if compared to the other classes we can find on this forum, so it means it is not overpowered and seems create a whole new strategy for a lot of events and dungeons. I like the sprites and the idea of the class, but then the game will have fourth staff class, so maybe make this class as a wand class? It is just a suggestion. But still very good job you have done! :slight_smile:

@Warlordz, I second the wand idea, and not becausemyideaisawandclassnosirwhywouldyouthinkofthathahahahahaha

I have mixed feelings about this.

On one hand, it’s a class that introduces a new way to play the game. And with the recent UT seal, it seems that spawning areas that give bonuses when players stand on it is possible, after all.

But on the other hand, it seems very complicated, much more than RotMG should be. There’s so much you have to explain to players about the ability. It heals, it damages, it applies status effects, you can charge it… and that’s only the tiered ones. Maybe removing the charge mechanic would fit the game better.

But one thing I can say for sure: you caught my interest.

LOVE the Lavapeak Vial! Absolutely AWESOME! Easily the BEST class idea I’ve seen. But, I do have one question. What classes would you have to get to LV 20 with to unlock it?

basically assassin+priest+huntress(for the trapping ability)

I know you told us not to critique your sprites, but that looks like a music with a gold dot on its head.

Alright, I like the class idea. I’m thinking maybe it doesn’t spawn a puddle, but just an area that had a circle of particles coming out of it, like a trap. Also, it would be cool if you could also drink the vial as well as throw it. What I mean is when you hold down the space bar, you can give yourself healing for until your mana runs out at a rate of about 20mp/second. Similarly to the ninja’s star it should chuck the vial once you release the key.

I think there should be some visual indication, but I do agree there should be particle effects.

Yeah like the healing turrets in the nexus is what I was picturing!

Thank you for your opinion!

I agree with you that this game needs more classes using weapons with a lack of classes (katana, wand). I will GLADLY swap it over.

Complication? Yes, I see it. There is a bit of a learning curve to start but I really see this class as one that requires skill (just like the ninja).

The Ninja doesn’t “charge”, but the key can be held for a Speedy buff. The Hydromage would only be able to charge for a second and then holding the key further would do nothing.

My reason for the charge mechanic is: If a player using the class wants to focus heavily on ONE position, they should be able to with a bonus for doing so. That reward being more damage/heals.

I respect your opinion on the matter though. This does seem a bit confusing at first.

Thank you!!

I would say Sorcerer, Mystic and Necromancer would unlock this class, but that’s just off the top of my head.

All three of those classes share something with the Hydromage so… Yeah :slight_smile: