Incendiary Quiver

This is my first time posting in the ideas forum also my first time doing pixel art, so sorry if you don’t like the sprite :c also feel free to give me some feedback about this idea :3
###Incendiary Quiver

You can even feel the heat by staring at it

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: 130
  • Damage: 250-350 (300)
  • Projectile Speed: 15
  • Range: 10
    Shots pass through obstacles
  • Effect: Burns the target
  • Burn Damage: 1100 (220 damage/sec)
  • Duration: 5 seconds
  • Cooldown: 6 seconds
  • Stat Bonus: +6 ATT, -3 DEX
  • Fame Bonus: 6%
  • Feed Power: 900

####Drops From:

• Shaitan the Advisor

####More info
This quiver may be used as a swapout quiver since it has a very high MP cost compared to other quivers and also because if you miss the shot you need to wait for it to cooldown to use it again so you can’t spam it to a single enemy, bosses for example.

At first glance this quiver deals less hit damage than the T5 quiver at an incredibly higher cost, however, the true effect of this quiver is that it burns the target if you manage to land the shot and it deals an additional 1100 damage to the enemy dealing up to 1450 total damage, the burn property works the same as poisons do.

The reason of the damage being so high compared to other quivers is because you can spam tiered quivers to deal even more damage to the target, T5-6 quivers for example can be shooted up to 3 times dealing 960 total damage if you spam it to a single target, however, this will completely deplete your MP.
This quiver will deal more damage by half the amount of MP compared to spamming a tiered quiver.

I’m not a big fan of adding new status effects, and this one is pretty generic.

The sprite is nice, though.

I know it’s a very cliche effect used in every game or fire item, but I didn’t wanted to create a whole new effect or one that wouldn’t fit a quiver :3

looks like poison but in the shape of quiver and only hit 1 enemy imo.
dope sprite though

I love this idea and btw, THAT IS THE BEST FUDGIN SPRITE ON THE WHOLE FORUMS.

Debatable but yeah, nice sprite.

since this arrow does not paralyze you are basically using it for dmge. If you were firing as fast as possible that is only 600 damage in 6 seconds which means that compared to a t6 quiver which you can spam and probably get more than 3 shots out in 6 seconds dealing an average of 320 per shot (960 total) as well as paralyzing making it pretty bad compared to the t6. The qot has a cd of 6 seconds but it is used to daze and daze is worth the 6 sec cd. Burn is too weak. With a cd of 6 i would increase the burn to something like 200+ dmge per second or else the damage is not there. Lets compare to the assassin and huntress. The assassin white for damage would be the murky toxin at 300 dmge per second if you land both poisons for 4 seconds. Huntress on the other hand can spam her traps which paralyze and stack with no cd for 350 dmge per trap. If this is a white worth getting you need to outdps the t6 by far since you lose the paralyze effect.
I would also like to point out that as a quiver this is basically a one shot=600 damage quiver with a 6 second cd. I could see a one shot quiver doing 1k dmge with a 6 second cd easily doing less than a t6 quiver

Yeah I also had in mind that you can spam other quivers since they don’t have cooldowns to deal more damage but I didn’t wanted to exagerate the amount of damage of the quiver at first to hear some feedback about it, so I’ll change the damage output real quick, thank you.

Thank you very much :3

Not debatable for me :heart_eyes:

I like it. Sorta like a targeted poison. Does it pass through terrain and enemies like a normal quiver, though?

I forgot to add that my bad xd and it only passes through terrain, I wanted to make it pass through enemies too but I kinda feel like the arrow must get stuck in the enemy body to make them burn but I can change that if I get more feedback about it, thanks :3

I’m not saying Deca are capable of implementing such a thing, but the arrow burning the first target while piercing its body and hitting the next targets without the burn effect would be good!

Shaitan’s drop is a great idea as the dungeon is a load of bollocks for no reward. The sprite is also dope.

That is a pretty dank idea.
And it can easily be implemented by having it shoot two shots, the main shot that pierces and another, identical to the main shot or just invisible, that only applies the effect.

Sprite1: Basic quiver with 3 more dots and an other color
Sprite2: Those shots are nice
Stats: 1100 dmg for the quiver … make it to 600 and remove the -5 dex
Idea: Pretty nice tbh ( new effect +)
Overall: 9/10 (git a better sprite and 10/10

again the main function of the quiver would be Single target damage so having a piercing effect on a 6 second cd doing pooperino damage is already something that other quivers can do better.

I agree with removing the -5 dex which is a pretty heavy blow. The atk boost is ok but the qot gives 5 atk so 3 is nothing special. Something about the 6 second cd is that people could easily shoot once with this quiver and swap it out for another quiver effectively ignoring the longer cd and increasing their dps by a ton. (can someone confirm that you can swap a special while on cd and the special swapped in will be off cd immediately cuz im not sure if its true its just what i would think could happen.) If you can do this than 1.1k dmge would only be fair if swapping to another quiver would still retain and pass over whatever was remaining of the 6 sec cd. Straight taking out the dot to 600 for 6 second cd is still super super below average dps compared to other quivers like t6 that also gives a status effect. If it were 600 i would consider lowering the cd of the quiver or maybe just removing it altogether i mean its not going to be super effective to fire a non stacking dot burn over and over it would be fun to see the highest dps combo have a swtiching component from the archer. You would walk up and paralyze then switch to this quiver and fire one shot and switch back or something so you could retain the paralyze and also have some extra dot dmge best of both worlds right.

Yes! an effective use of it is to paralyze a target, switch to burn it and then switch back to paralyze to max the dps you can get with your ability, I wanted to bring this as an example in the description but I also had the question if you had to wait for the cooldown or just skip it by switching d: someone please confirm if you can do that.
The reason of the -5 dex was because the arrows are on fire so you kinda take your time when shooting them :3
I didn’t wanted to copy QoT stat increase thats why the +3 atk but I can change it up to +6 atk if that’s ok.

Legend has it that staring at the sprite will cure bad vision.

its so…beautiful

It’s too OP