Irresponsible Ring

I’ve been seeing some nice sprites and ideas lately and got inspired a l’il bit, especially by @Waffleswuf’s UT rings and decided to make one of my own.

Irresponsible Ring

speed%20ring

A speed ring corrupted by Oryx in his mad rush to reach the wine cellar’s depth, infused with the realms finest booze!

Tier: UT
Stat Bonuses: +100 MP, +5 SPD, -10 WIS
Effect: If W is pressed twice in fast succession the ring activates: As long as W is pressed down the player is both Speedy and Drunk.
Fame Bonus: 5%
Feed Power: 1000
Drops From: Oryx The Mad God 2 to the player dealing the most damage, unless they die or nexus

Comes in a cyan bag. For rushing and not much else.

<3

Cool Idea! But don’t make it guaranteed. Have a chance to drop to the person who deals the most damage, like 1/10.

So a reward for wizards with divine pets + auto-aim – who would suddenly become far more common during Oryx Castle runs.

No, no way you can have speedy on a ring, no matter how broken it is otherwise. Some classes have to go slow to balance their other features (mostly their damage). Adding speedy to a ring makes it available to every class.

I got a quick question here. W is the up key (if I’m not mistaken). Couldn’t that be screwy when mixed with confuse? I additionally don’t like that its a guranteed drop. Feel like it should be a cool rare white instead.

would this be good tho bc confuse would be a drawback to the ring

This is certainly OP. You would literally have perma speedy on any class without manacost. Think Jugg warrior oreo paladin etc.

No thanks.
I’d like to leave it at that but I honestly have to complain about this. This is a terrible idea. It encourages high dps, as usual, and nothing else.

You know, it’s kind of funny how warriors are fairly likely to get this ring as dps machines, yet will hardly benefit from it.

But again, this doesn’t sound the greatest. Why just ‘W’? Some people don’t play off centered, and even though I do, I certainly wouldn’t use this ring anyway since you have to keep holding the key. While rushing, most of the time it’s imperative that you focus on dodging any high damage bullets, you know, done by using WASD. In a dungeon where you can hold W and not much else, and still get to the boss, this ring will be useless anyway since said dungeon is likely trivial to complete in that scenario.

Also, there’s the issue of accidentally activating the ring’s effect unintentionally. Even if it’s only the W key I can see this being extremely irritating if you happen to double tap W without wanting to alt f4 your ability to see the fucking screen.

Drunk is a terrible downside to use to “balance” items. Don’t use it.

These stats are another issue. Even with -10 WIS, any character who doesn’t need to care about wisdom gets 100 extra MP, which seems like a weird contradiction given how the two stats go hand in hand, and +5 SPD plus a gimmicky speedy boost is a bit strong (if the speed boost was useful in the first place). Frankly, this is much too strong for an item that can be equipped by any class if the speedy gimmick is made useable. This idea is a lot more fitting for an ability rather than a mere ring.

Eh.

The only thing I somewhat like about this idea is the sprite. Everything else feels like it needs a lot more fine-tuning, and frankly, I don’t think even that would save it, unless you quite literally transferred this effect onto an ability or something. And even that creates problems as new speedy abilities are, honestly, boring and bland.

Don’t think anyone has commented on this but THAT SPRITE LOOKS SICK

Rings are the things that I suck at spriting. Nice sprite, though I would change the color theme as well as the name. :+1:

agreed, i would change the green into grey/black and the yellow into red

Also irresponsible ring sounds like a torture device parents puton their misbehaving children

1000 fp woah there buddy

am i a joke to you?

Ngl, I’m terrible when it comes to making rings, the sprite is amazing overall tho. Props to you o:

sorry :sweat: i tend to skim ask wilhuff

That got dark really quick.

Time to unbind my ‘move forward’ key

just take the ring off when not rushing.

yeah but also you’re drunk

if you’re not rushing, the base stats of the skin kinda suck