Jakcodex/Muledump v0.8.0 - SetupTools, Muledump Online, Character Sorting, and more!

Hello everyone,

I’ve been asked many times to start posting Jakcodex/Muledump updates here. So without further ado I am pleased to announce a major new update for my Muledump fork.

Jakcodex/Muledump - current version 0.8.0

Check out the new home page on Github Pages for installation instructions.

Please see Requirements before getting started.

v0.8.0 Changelog Summary

• New feature: SetupTools browser-based Muledump configuration and management
    • Accounts Manager for easy configuration of accounts, disable/enable accounts, import accounts.js
    • Backups Manager for backing up and restoring Muledump configurations rapidly
    • Settings Manager for controlling all Muledump settings (including options previously found in accounts.js)
    • Deep Copy download of ROTMG account XML data in JSON format
    • Accounts.js no longer required to run Muledump
  • New feature: Muledump Online loads Muledump to your PC without needing to download and maintain your own install
    • Muledump still runs locally on your computer and does not transmit your data anywhere other than to Deca servers
  • New feature: Character sorting by id, base fame, total fame, base exp, class, and custom character lists
  • New feature: Character Lists allow you to create custom Muledump account layouts showing only characters you specify
  • MuleQueue Improvements
    • Pause, resume, and cancel task queues
    • Encountering rate limiting now pauses tasks instead of cancelling
  • Account email returned to its own field (separated from Account Info)
  • Numerous quality of life improvements

Introducing Muledump Online and SetupTools

In a nutshell, all Muledump configuration, settings, and options are now manageable through a browser interface. You never again have to touch an accounts.js file if you don’t want to.

New users are met by a setup utility to get them online fast. Returning users can restore a SetupTools backup. Existing users with an accounts.js file can optionally choose to migrate to SetupTools configuration.

Alternatively, Muledump Online is hosted directly from Github and always runs the latest version. You’ll never have to download and update Muledump again. ALL of your accounts, settings, etc are stored on your local computer and are never transmitted anywhere other than to Deca. You can freely switch between Online and Local versions by transferring a backup.

You can try Muledump Online here: https://jakcodex.github.io/muledump/muledump.html

User Feedback and Support

As always, your feedback is important. The bugs resolved in this and other releases were made possible with the cooperation of users in the community reporting them. Bug reports, feature requests, and anything else can be opened at the Issues Tracker.

Contributions

Your contributions are welcome. See the Contributing wiki page for information about submitting pull requests and patches.

Safety and Security

Atomizer/Muledump latest VirusTotal

Jakcodex/Muledump latest VirusTotal

Github provides a side-by-side comparison tool which will compare Atomizer/Muledump with Jakcodex/Muledump here.

File Hashes for muledump-0.8.0.zip

SHA1:

e458536048b857e26d56460261ddb6984d0037fe

SHA256:

cf0df8ddafa5524836b4b44dfe3119b6e8895a2ec101129657702987f9de3353

SHA512:

7f2069e683492c0fda9546f1d406830c87dc9dbd7d2c0c5d7c1fa58be84d8cee
300e7d118b4c5f310670f9ce8cc20f895d7247508575ea03787cbb793896ac2b

Patch X.20.0 Merry Oryxmas
Jakcodex/Muledump - Small update for new vault layout
Anyone else have this problem? (8+character)
Does Muldump Check The Daily Calendar For You?
Need help with Muledump plz
Jakcodex/Muledump v0.8.2 - Groups Manager, Auto Reload, and more!

Jaki would not shoot me in the head and rob me if he had a gun, +1 vouch

Saw the pop-up window asking me to update muledump today when I opened it. Good stuff man, keep it up.

You are a legend.

Love the new options. If we are not using the accounts.js anymore can you please tell me what file and where the file is stored that contains my account(s) information? I looked but could not find where the information is stored.

Another question …

At my house there are 3 people playing RoTMG between 2 computers. I set up muledump for 3 separate accounts on both computers so it does not matter which computer we are on, the muledump is available. Basically it is

user1.html + user1.js,
user2.html + user2.js,
user3.html + user3.js.

This keeps each player’s rotmg experience nicely separated.

My question finally is, will I still have to have 3 user.js files and 3 user.html files or is it possible to use the muledump groups option to keep each of our muledumps separate?

what file and where the file is stored that contains my account(s) information

It’s stored in your browsers local storage (in Chrome you can find it here: F12 > Application > Local storage > File). It’s not stored in an actual file anymore.

Groups isn’t implemented yet but will be soon. The usage you describe for it would be a viable means of using it tho. Group each user’s accounts together and enable just the group you want to look at.

Presently, if you create a Muledump setup for User 1, you can create and download a backup for this user’s account. So each user gets their own backup. When they want to run muledump, they can very quickly restore to their backup and continue using Muledump. It’s not as neat as Groups will be, but it would get the job done for now. This can be found in Setup > Backup Management.

You’ve got me thinking about adding profiles to setuptools. I wish I thought of this originally! Way easier to implement before everyone was already using SetupTools, ha!

Edit: Just to note, you’re not required to use the new SetupTools features. If it detects an accounts.js file in Muledump Local, it will bypass SetupTools until you tell it to get you setup.

And we trust this why? Could steal your account info when you enter it…

Because people who are trustworthy here have vouched for me. There have been previous code reviews by people on the Reddit post too.

But really, why on Earth would I risk my Realm account to steal Rotmg accounts? I didn’t get 11,000 hours on Steam just to publicly ruin my name by hacking people with Muledump.

This software is safe. There is no backdoor. There is no secret means for me to access your configurations. Muledump Online works the exact same way as if you had downloaded and ran Muledump Local, but without needing to download the zip. Everything runs entirely in your browser. There is no server I am controlling that it talks with.

Hit F12 and go to Network then load Muledump. You can watch 100% of all network IO Muledump makes. It talks with Github to download files and it talks with Deca to get your account data. Nothing more.

Who knows though? You could have some people’s accounts right now and not hack in them right now? How would we know? There is no true means of verification of your trustworthiness.

What would you want that would prove his trustworthiness?

Yeah, I would love an answer to that. I completely and totally understand why people will be skeptical. I didn’t use Muledump for years myself for that very reason. But I would love to hear ideas on what I could do to make people feel more at-ease.

Don’t use it, if you don’t trust him. No one’s forcing you too anyway.

I really don’t know… The only thing I’ll do is just not use his tool :cactus:

Someone could make a dummy rotmg account, open chrome, hit F12, go to network, load muledump, and get setup. They could then watch the network activity and see for themselves whether or not this Muledump calls any third-party to send your information. I couldn’t hide that even if I wanted to. Anybody could check that.

Also, would you have used the original Muledump? Same concerns apply there.

@Jakisaurus Should I just hit the update button? or should I delete the current muledump files (the ones stored locally) and download it anew?

Update button merely checks for and links you to new updates. For Muledump Local, if you download the zip you could extract over an existing folder; however, starting a new folder is cleaner.

If you copy your accounts.js file into the folder, Muledump won’t greet you with SetupTools upon first run (it is disabled by default for existing users). You can enable it by clicking ‘Setup’ and running thru accounts.js import.

Then don’t use it, you don’t have to, Me and many others that trust jaki will use it and be Happy.

Jaki’s a friend of mine he’s a lovely person.

Also a lot of derivation and friends (@Lucy @JLev, @secret @cheif - name not updated since namechage, @blar and @Captain) has been testing it over and over whenever jaki needs them to when he chages something.

He’s had a channel in our discord the whole time while developing it.

:hammer_and_wrench:
Dont need to be a :cactus:about it

True, I’ve never used muledump before but that’s because I don’t care about muledump itself than the person posting it

lol Shatter. A gif of me rambling about code for weeks. That’s gold.