Just a little idea that might be a fun thing to implement [ghost at grave]

I’ve been thinking, and a random idea popped into my head that might be cool.

So, out of the blue, some character spontaneously combusts and turns into a grave. A few seconds later, you see that a ghost appears next to that grave, of the class and skin the character was premortem. The ghost is the same size, same look, except for the fact that it is a transparent white. It does nothing except wander around the grave of the character. If the grave disappears, the ghost remains to tell other players that some guy just, y’know, died here. Just a purely cosmetic thing, but seems fun nevertheless.

Also, now that I think of it, how about graves are revealed on the minimap as a light blue mark and appears when the tile is discovered? Might be fun too.

Tell me what you think, hope the idea isn’t too stoopid. c:

Kinda pointless… I don’t understand why this would be cool and it can’t really be transparent so it would end up covering other things which will just turn into a pain in the ass.
Also, this could lead to some serious lagg as over the lifetime of a realm, hundreds of people could die, ecspecially in the low lands. Imagine just starting off this game and all you see are dozens of little ghosts wandering. Might be mistaken for enemies. Ecspecially the 16*16 version of the ghosts.

those poor souls :(.

let’s instead add grave running to realm and you can’t play another character till you go pick up your dead body and carry it back to the nexus, there you resurrect it and decide that your life wasn’t so great so you choose to learn something else, perhaps take up archery?

No teleporting.

Years go they had something like this in game. If I recall correctly… It was during Halloween and when you died your character became a zombie. I think it could shoot whatever weapon the player had but it was really weak. Other players could kill the zombies or if you hurried back to where you died you could fight your zombies self.

I recall a bunch of sucicides in godlands where there would be hordes of zombies.

So it was similar to your idea but it did not just happen out the blue. If your character is just walking around and you suddenly die for no reason; who would keep playing? Then again I might just not fully understand the concept you are trying to convey.

https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/cursed-amulet-of-zombification

Yes, I remember what you are talking about, this idea is meant to be slightly different. The ghosts simply mosey around the death area, invulnerable and harmless. My idea is mainly aesthetic, while the zombification was… well, it was a fiasco.

But in a way, that’s worse because you can’t get rid of them and they could quickly build up. In fact, people would probably purposely die on low level charachters just to get a massive amount of graves. Also, think about the number of graves on the spawn points…

Good point, think of all the bots that die every few moments. Might as well allow urgles on the beach.

Yay for lag!

Simple fix, only allow ghosts to linger at permanent graves (1/8+). And these guys shouldn’t cause TOO much lag, since they do not do a single thing at all except move around a bit.

Then what’s the point. We already have a permanent grave

Even better idea, bring back gravelooting

You want people to have yet another reason to attempt to kill each other? Too many entitled brats online these days.

Our interpretations seem to differ. My original idea is to have a ghost wander around the grave, just as a small detail to accompany the graves of those who have died. It is not meant to be a redundant addition. My intent was to simply introduce a random idea I had. It is not supposed to have a point or be important in any way to the game structure. As I’ve said earlier, purely aesthetic.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.