Just Some Ring Ideas

Ring of Bellicose

A ring with engravings telling of a tale of a warrior who struck down gods despite his mortality.

Effect: When wearer takes a certain amount of damage (500) they will be buffed with “Damaging” for 3 seconds. Damage thershold resets after buff ends.

Effect 2: If “Damaging” and “Weaken” are both active upon the wearer, both effects will cancel out in regards for their respective duration, leaving the wearer dealing normal damage.

+70 Health
+5 Attack

Ring of Indemnity Edited from original

A ring enchanted with a powerful rune that can cast off any attack

Effect: Can completely block out one attack of all its damage. Effect recharges every 5 seconds, including after the ring is equipped. (Will have the “Invulnerable” icon above the wearer’s head whenever fully charged)

+70 Health
+5 Defense

Ring of Swiftness

A ring of empowered by a fleet-footed messenger of the gods

Effect: Speed increases by 1 for every 2 tiles consecutively traveled up to +15 speed. If wearer stops or teleports, effect resets.

+70 Health
+5 Speed

Ring of Adroitness Edited from original

A ring that enchants the wearer’s hands with unrivaled proficiency.

Effect: Successfully landing 50 shots buffs wearer with berserk for 3 seconds. Missing a shot takes away that much from the 50 shot threshold. As for multi shot weapons, if even one of those shots miss, threshold will still be effected. Threshold resets after buff.

Effect 2: Daze has 50% less duration upon the wearer and will be canceled out by berserk for as long as their respective duration lasts.

+70 Health
+5 Dexterity

Ring of Exuberance

A ring blessed with life energy by the ancestral mother of all life herself.

Effect: Increase maximum Health by 5 every second up to +80 health (stacked with its bonus stat). When user is hit, Health no longer increases and the effect of the maximum health buff (whatever amount it may be in) resets in 3 seconds.

+120 Health

Ring of Insight

A ring infused with the apprehension of scholars who have all gone mad with knowledge.

Effect: Upon every hit on the wearer, decrease wisdom by 1. (can be decreased to be 0!) Resets Wisdom instantly after 3 seconds of being untouched.

+70 Health
+20 Wisdom

Ring of Vigor

A ring made by the blood of fierce Valkyries, carrying along their iron will

Effect: Healing is active upon the player for 3 seconds after being hit. Player must regain back up to 100% health for this effect to activate again. If player regains 100% health before buff ends and then is hit again, timer is reset.

+70 Health
+5 Vitality

Ring of the Source Stone edited from original

A ring with a piece of a source stone, the energy in which all magic derives from.

Effect: Duration of a an ability, (buff on yourselves or status effect on enemies depending on corresponding ability) increased by 10% (example: cloak duration 5.5 seconds increase to 6.05 seconds)

Effect Condition: Cool down of corresponding ability increases by 8% (Cool down for cloak is 6.5 seconds so it extends to 7 seconds to compensate for increased ability duration)

Effect 2: Damage of a damage dealing ability increased by 15%.

Effect 2 Condition: Mana cost for ability increased by 10%

+70 Health
+70 Mana

Thoughts
Just fun little ideas i had if rings were to have effects or whatever :3. Each ring gives HP because how many good rings doesn’t have a good HP bonus? Like 2. (Gemstone and maybe the Lodestone) The bonuses may not be much compared to the more desirable rings like a Pyra but the effect is what makes up for it.

Hater gonna say it OP.

You just need to wait

Good and well written ideas don’t get much attention because it already perfected.

These are interesting ideas for rings, but I don’t think I would use ring of adroitness. (although effect 2 may make up for that) due to me missing most targets to much, resulting in only an average of 2% bonus. My other concern is for the sourcestone ring. Couldn’t this be used for perma-cloaking or extended invaunerability with oreo? Especially with the 100mp boost.

I would say all these ring have balanced and plausibly addable effects except for this one above

If the above is true than warriors can perma speedy/beserk, rogues can perma cloak, and while neither of those are all that bad, a pally can be invulnerable longer then he is vulnerable (but not permanently)

So what you pretty much did here was take fusty cuffs and jack up all the secondary stats. No.

Noted

I really enjoy the sprites and the overall concepts about them. Rotmg should definitely consider adding rings that have status effects, like yours!

No special effects rings, just please no

It’s fine. It’s good…It’s fine.

If this means that you take no damage from the attack, that seems OP. Even if you still take damage, removing the status effect from an attack would also remove a large portion of the danger.

looks at t6 scepter

This is kinda cool, but it might be a bit hard to code. Also, where would they drop? Are they Soulbound?

btw i forgot to mention earlier, but the rings have a nice design.

It’s op kek

Love the idea, genuinely unique.

Also anyone else think these rings look like there from runescape? Just me?

I like sprites but that’s all

I would love this because it seems that we are running out of ideas for items. Have you seen the ST sorcere armor? It’s so similar to Toga.
The rings are a bit complicated though, and RotMG is supposed to be a simple game.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.