Katar (Dagger for the Skilled)

Hi >:]

I’m going to assume you mean armor piercing instead of armor breaking. it the shots of this actually inflicted armor break this would be so unfathomably overpowered that I think I might have to slap you across the face.

so, cwand + bone dagger? did you forget that cwand had piecing deliberately removed to keep it balanced? also, bone dagger is currently the only dagger in-game that can pierce enemies, making a new one that beats etherite at such low def levels doesn’t seem right or balanced.

The results of your second graph (the one without armor piercing) look much better, especially once you consider the +60 hp and +6 def. despite -120 mp and -6 wis, the defensive boosts are a little much. I would suggest you remove the vit, the wis, and the hp, the change the def to 2 or 3, and the mp to -20/-40

with those changes, I think it would be fine.

yes that[quote=“Xaklor, post:2, topic:3351”]
(the one without armor piercing) look much better
[/quote]

ok, probably hte thing i was most unsure about.[quote=“Xaklor, post:2, topic:3351”]
the defensive boosts are a little much.
[/quote]

but the range is trash? [quote=“Xaklor, post:2, topic:3351”]
you remove the vit, the wis
[/quote]

oh those dont really matter. but ok.

but would that not be too hard to get close?

well one of the ideals of this graph is to basically disable the mp, and make them go melee

?low? it beats at 46 def, which barely any monsters have above. Also this has 0.6 range less.[quote=“Xaklor, post:2, topic:3351”]
did you forget that cwand had piecing deliberately removed to keep it balanced?
[/quote]

ik, hence why this has lower range.

ok…but the armor breaking doesnt that matter much when its piercing b/c usually thats the minions and they have neglicable def. And when facing bosses, the piercing doesnt matter that much (actually some have minions, hmm need to do something about that i guess)

Thanks for tips, will consider them.

this is a dagger, there are 3 dagger classes: rogue trickter and assassin. assassin doesn’t give a rat’s knee about his weapon so I’m doing to disregard him for the remainder of this counterpoint. the abilities of the other two dagger classes are designed to make enemies not attack them. so the reduced range doesn’t justify an entire extra bracer’s worth of hp and def.

back up, armor pierce and armor break are two different things. armor break is OGMUR, armor pierce is CWAND.

so you’re fine.

also think about this: if it beats etherite at 46, it beats cdirk at 17 def, do we really need to make it more useless?

oh interesting… [quote=“Xaklor, post:4, topic:3351”]
also think about this: if it beats etherite at 46, it beats cdirk at 17 def, do we really need to make it more useless?
[/quote]

hmm true, but etherite is already a direct upgrade to dirk. wouldn’t that be a different discussion on how to buff dirk?

ohhh i understand now what you mean, but yeah i mean pierce… if break…oh god…then i must be the biggest idiot ever.

I have made a sprite for the Katar, here it is: Feel free to criticise it in whatever way you want. I’m not doing it over.

Also, I don’t know how to work the forums.

oh thanks.

Also welcome to the forums-ish. [quote=“Kaytlyn, post:6, topic:3351”]
Also, I don’t know how to work the forums.
[/quote]

if you need formatting help, refer here

Wow. Look at you typing long texts. This must be a record for you.

Pierce and armor pierce in the same weapon do seem overpowered. You’re rendering the bone dagger even less desirable than it already is. If this is going to work, it has to be with armor pierce only. And even then I don’t know if we really need a armor pierce dagger.

umm, probably, i have one that is close in size, the calculations of abbies and stuff

looking at the dps viewer, doesnt do that much more dps than without it b/c it has high base dmg and low fire rate.

But doesnt matter, i was in the middle of editing.

Made some edits, took out wis and vit stats b/c those dont mean anything. Decreased hp,def, and mp stats, took out armor break. Might make a few more changes, but so far this.

Looks really great, but if this gets put into the game, Cdirk is going to need a major buff to make it a viable option.

Also “Armor Break”. He he.

either way cdirk needs a buff, cdirk rn is just a mid way option of the teired and etherite

True. Very true. So basically its a dagger for the very skilled at dodging. I like it.

likes are represented like so

but yeah, i designed it kinda based on the real life one

Psst, what did you use for the creation of the projectile?

i didnt create the projectile, its just from one of the monsters in game. Im saying that the bullet looks about like that, meaning i will actually create a real one.

Fk my grammar, I meant did you make the gif and stuff

Also, kinda funny how I haven’t commented on the item itself

Armour pierce with low range and extra def?

Sounds good.

btw: i removed armor pierce.

oh, i used sharex. If you want to learn spam @shatter or just search it up and stuff. [quote=“Orsome, post:17, topic:3351”]
Sounds good.
[/quote]

thanks. any suggestions?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm very interesting idea.

I like the idea of armor piercing.

What Akalem said.

Also, the piercing will, literally, make it a bone dagger, maybe go for armour piercing again and drop pierce?

well i originally had both armor pierce and piercing. But removed armor pierce, but truth is, it doesnt make all that big of a difference to majority of enemies except for like stone guardians and like shats stuff.

wtf, you just edited your comment. I cant remember what your originally said.

but the idea of this weapon is to get close and hit as many opp as possible while dodging /some defensive capabilities. Ment as a weapon for the skilled.