LH Glitch

There has been a frequent glitch happening recently in lost halls where there is no enemy whatsoever but around 5 people die randomly. Wondering if DECA has plans to fix this.
These are examples of the glitch so far:

This is really hurting lh runs and hopefully, it can be fixed soon.

Edit: According to DECA, only using HACKED clients will lead to this. This is because a glitch in the hacked client makes it so if one person using the hacked client dies, everyone else using the hacked client in the area will die as well. Restating what Niegil said, use the official client.

The Death Thread

Skip to 2:10 for the first video.

Rip my archer… I hope to hear from DECA soon.

so you’re saying having a video of 5 people dying when there are 2 crusaders in a room from the front and back is enough proof to say they died from nothing?

so far it seems like there isn’t a problem to fix and the problem is the players getting shotgunned by an obviously dangerous enemy.

Check the video out really quick. The soldiers do not have enough DPS to insta 5 8/8s. Also, only one shot at max hit 1 or 2 of the players. There is no way they died from the crusaders. Do your research.

huh that sucks. email deca and see what they can do about it.

i feel sad for those that died tho

do my research? on what? you do know they could be at like 10% hp because of all the other shots right? you do know that the crusader isn’t the only enemy that deals damage right? you do know that there could of been shots from behind and in front that hit and it could be very weak classes like archers huntresses wizards and such.

To be fair, he deaths are in a very strange place (not directly where I would expect the line of fire to be) however, the crusaders were in contact long enough to deal enough damage to kill fiv people. Its possible that those five didn’t realise they were getting hit, so died.

I think this might be the same lag based glitch that has been killing people in lods for like a year now.

@skyslurp did you die immediatly after a rubberband?

Yeaaaaah. This is PRETTY weird. Like, both videos there wasn’t anything there, at least that I could see, that could kill a few people like that but not the others who were CLOSER to the enemies. Too bad DECA doesn’t do revives.

No lag at all.

There are no red dots on the mini map and the crusade soldier doesn’t have shots that pierce.

i think it might be lag, maybe the game registered them to be 3 tiles further then they were and becauze of the got shotgunned while not getting shotgunned. you can see this in the second video, they die when the golem shoots the yellow shots

It’s not surprising that 5 people were killed. But 5 people killed at roughly the same time? Possible but improbable. I would put my money on the cause on bugs rather than pure coincidence.

Yeah this happened in one of our runs and it was similar to the first clip. What happened was that the crusader spawn lagged and pretty much rubberbanded onto people. Dont know if its the case here.

Did you not see the video with the golems. The guy who died, Intocavel couldnt possibly be hit by shots from the front and the golem in the back was stuck behind the wall. Therefore no visible shots could have hit them.

There wasn’t lag.

Just because it’s not constantly lagging doesn’t mean it can’t lag.

Thank you for writing regarding this issue with your character dying in this fashion. As for your character – I know how difficult it can be to lose a character you have worked hard on but at this time we cannot restore characters that have died. We also currently cannot replace Items. I know it can be frustrating, but every player experiences permanent death and the feature is a central mechanic of Realm of the Mad God, and is considered to be working as intended.

:+1: At least they responded quickly.

1. the second crusade is not in the room, it’s in the room behind them. that’s close enough to warrant chat spam such as “CRUSADE BEHIND US”, but nowhere near enough to actually inflict damage on them yet.

2. all players who died were in the middle of the group and killed by the crusade soldiers, who lack piercing projectiles. even if the second crusade actually was in attacking range, it would have been either the commander or the explorers because they’re the ones with piercing projectiles.

3. when the players actually died, all crusade soldiers on screen had been stasised for several seconds. stasised enemies don’t shoot.

all players who died in the video were at full health right before death. and while there are plenty of non-crusade enemies in lost halls, none of them were in the room. in fact, the crusade commander is the only enemy in the room even capable of attacking at the time of their deaths. even if we assume the commander is the one inflicting the heavy damage and wearing down player’s hp, the final blow was still from the crusade soldiers.

how can stasised enemies with non-piercing projectiles simultaneously kill 5 players from the middle of the group? something isn’t right here. I assume all those people who died racked up a bunch of damage from the soldiers before they became stasised, but didn’t register for some reason until a few seconds later and then they all died from that. but even if you argue that it was still the player’s incompetence for getting hit in the first place, the fact that they didn’t die at the time they were “supposed” to is still a glitch and it still needs fixing.

of course, something that makes even less sense could be responsible, but that’s still a glitch.

i agree with you.

the thing is how would they fix a bug that might not even be a bug? if it isn’t a bug then they’d be looking into something that just had a low chance to happen but did happen. If it is a bug then what do they look for they would need to know what actually happened but people can’t complain that deca isn’t fixing something that could be something that was meant to happen. When the avatar was killing people when there weren’t any shots around that was something that was guranteed to be bug and had evidence this was just 5 8/8’s dying in a group when there where enemies from the front and back making it hard to actually figure out if there is a bug or not.