Lost Halls 2.0

Really looking forward to this. :smiley:

Anyone else getting the feeling that LH may be becoming too easy now? A lot of the monster’s status effects and immunities are getting removed, and their behavior seems like it is going to be significantly less aggressive.
People are asking for some of the LH whites to be buffed, and I think that makes sense. LH is currently the games hardest dungeon and the whites are rare, so some of them deserve to be buffed or tweaked. However, if LH is going to be changed to be less arduous and difficult, I’m not sure if any of its UTs should still deserve any buffs.
I don’t really like this change, since I want this to remain an endgame dungeon with amazing endgame items. Then again, I’m just guessing how these changes will affect the dungeon based off of stats and nothing else, we’ll have to see how it plays out in practice.
Plus, maybe LH isn’t going to be the final endgame dungeon, so we may eventually get something to replace LH v1 as the hardest dungeon by far, with powerful and not necessarily balanced endgame items.

no

Has any one actually gotten to the boss, or marble defender?
Everyone keeps popping and only like 3-7 people end up in a LH and they either die or leave, so idk if we can coordinate runs or something

Imo, this new version is much harder to rush than before because of the large slimes, chasing titans, and stationary bat shots. Idk about clearing though. We never get enough people to do that.

Imo its much easier xd
I can rush with trix without a pet :open_mouth:

My guild all joined up on the testing server and we have gotten to marble. I made it to defender once personally but never got a chance to do anything and had to go so I missed the run that we made it to marble. According to them MBC is way harder, we are getting a vial right now to try out a void.

The crusader hordes are terrifying, some guy ran through three groups, and I kid you not, the minimap was 100% red

Oof accidentally deleted 20k base char rip pet

The reason why it has such low defense is that it’s meant to be more of a risk for the health. You are pointing out the negative like how most melee classes aren’t able to use this item due to the lack of defense, but a warrior with jugg, crown, and breastplate is incredibly strong due to the hp and armored defense. Breastplate doesn’t require a buff, it’s simply a tempo item which was its point from the start. It requires a good set worn with it for certain classes, for it to be seen as good. That’s also probably why the pally set that comes with it has a seal that gives armored just like jugg.

Yeah it’s easier to rush on ninja and warrior now, but its probably just because lagging so much that that for my rogue, the cloak takes 20 seconds to activate.

They are nerfing it in some ways but also buffing it in others, they are purposefully making the clear easier but the bosses themselves are becoming more painful and requiring more teamwork and cooperation to complete.

“but the mobs” lol Minecraft mobs slurs gotta kill all of dem skeletons and creepers. They’re minions and leaders why would you call them mobs xD.

Looking at the new HP scaling, does the void have 14.4 million HP at 85 people?

I’ve really liked the new changes for the Lost Halls making them more easier and doable for small groups, however, it remains to be a challenging dungeon as it’s supposed to be with new stuff being added into it as well as some tweaks to make the dungeon feel as fresh as before.
With no further to mention, let’s begin this “small” review of the dungeon and my personal thoughts.

General: I’ve liked so far the new aesthetics of the dungeon now being less boring as the old one with the gray scheme being everywhere you see with small blood scattered around, the rooms being bigger it’s also a plus to make people move more freely around.
The new hazard and bonus rooms are really great additions to the dungeon making each enemy encounter feel different each time making the player feel in more danger with ice floor or broken floor preventing good movement and also the new buff or debuff pillars/crystals inside some rooms.
I like the idea of making the pot rooms the new dead ends, it finally gives you a purpose to continue to explore more parts of the dungeon to find them all and not that feeling of clearing all these rooms for just and empty dead end like it is currently.

Oryx Infantry: These enemies remained quite similar to the current ones with the exception of them not having an invulnerability timer which really helps kill them quicker since this was a very tedious and boring room to do in the current Halls, the new Admiral (aka Infiltrator) is less dangerous and very well done, not able to paralyze you but instead dealing high chunks of damage.

Grotto Beasts: Probably the most scary enemies for lonely players since they were super fast and also able to permalyze you and forcing you to nexus unless your team was near to save you, their new attack pattern is really cool charging kinda fast and leaving a void blade-like shot, really cool :3 not to mention the slimes are now ACTUALLY a threat with the big one constantly spawning bats/rats forcing you to go inside the room to circle and make it divide into smaller slimes (or you could also stay outside and slowly kill it if you have the range)

Golems: Are less dangerous as before but still quite a threat, nice to see them remain in their spawn room until activated instead of suddenly charging against the group. I was actually surprised to see the Tormented Golem running and shooting around instead of being a stationary debuff catapult, very nice done!

Lost Crussaders: These are still a threat to look put for, now being more fast and aggressive towards the group compensating the lack of invulnerability. People would say the new crusades seems a little op since they make people die and nexus the most in the current testing, however, I think after LH 2.0 being released into prod they won’t be as dangerous as they are now since most people have their pets and also the groups are more variant in classes resulting in huntresses/necros/archers slowing and paralyzing them resulting in an easier encounter.
These are the only enemies I think need a fix in their spawn as a first room, as soon as you kill the starting pillar to open the path they already appear in the corridor and start to charge against the group, with people near the pillar not being able to react their sudden spawn.

Spooky Boi: Probably the most popular enemy in the entire dungeon if not Realm itself.
I liked the concept of an enemy chasing players across the dungeon to give this feel of excitement and also danger, the new Sentry retains those feelings despite being slightly slower and having a short duration.
If you see it run for your life, might have got nerfed but that doesn’t make it less deadly as before.

Marble Defender and Marble Colossus: The new encounter right before the boss is pretty cool!! As always, first encounters are what I like the most because you have no idea of what is going to happen and how are you going to counter it; if the boss was hard and dealt high damage, how do I dodge the attacks, will I nexus? those thoughts were present for me x3
But as intimidating it looks it’s actually a quite easy encounter, probably the same difficulty as the Parasite Den boss, nonetheless pretty cool fight!! +10
After making it into the boss on my first try as a paladin I was very nervous to see what the new mechanics would be but most importantly, getting near as a melee to deal damage xd
The new sprite is VERY cool! looks very well done and not a giant shading ball. The attacks were quite similar but still challenging as before, I like how the explosive rocks now follow you to detonate preventing you to situate in a safe spot and “melt” that hp-phase, also the pillars projectiles looks very nice and shiny.
Unfortunately I couldn’t finish the encounter but we made it into the first Marble Core phase, I forgot about it and I was just running for my life surviving until I nexused and after coming to this thread and reading everything again, I realized what I had to do TwT
Maybe we could’ve made it into the end but those “silenced” shots (very cool to see the status effect being applied by enemies and not only on teleport) are more deadly than you think.

Thoughts: Very nice done revamp of the dungeon giving it a new feel to explore it, specially if you have read the lore, got no complains about it other than the crusade thing but other than that, good job! :ok_hand: Can’t wait to play and farm whites once it is released into prod.
I’ll continue to test it and try to finish mbc as well as try to do a Cultist run, if everything goes well I might edit this post.

(Dc’ed at mbc but it was a successful duo run nonetheless)

How many rooms from spawn was the boss?

I definitely agree about the spectral sentry. The despawn time reduction is fine in my opinion as 2 minutes just makes it a crawl to wait on him to despawn. However reducing his speed was a completely unecessary change as he isn’t too hard to deal with in his current implentation as is, even w/o the trapping exploit.

From what I’ve played, here’s my feedback similar to Glawi’s format. For the sake of education, I’ll focus on the negatives - there’s not many, luckily!

Oryx Infantry: The sudden spawn once the Leader reaches his 2nd phase is maybe a bit too sudden, since you have to get close to make him vulnerable. However, the reworked sprites and behaviours are nice.

Grotto Beasts: When soloing, it can still be hard to outdamage the Leader’s continuous spawning. The new shot patterns are a big improvement, I do find.

Golems: The Leader’s chase range is maybe a bit too high in the first phase, with it continually bouncing when dragged the furthest it can. Golems of Sorrow are also a bit one-dimensional when it comes to attacking, since they’ll mostly use their primary attack and barely ever their secondary from what I’ve experienced.

Lost Crusaders: Still a deadly bunch, the only problem is their close spawn when a path is opened.

I really liked that the commander would focus the knight or warrior and i could make it shoot away from the group and im kinda sad that i wont be able to do that any more. The rest of the class targeting behaviors I honestly dont care about but it would be nice to keep the commander one.

How much hp do the destructible walls have and do they actually lead to anything? I usually die before I manage to have time to shoot at it and it looks pretty imposing.