Marble Shield

Marble Shield

Marble%20Shield

An ancient shield used by a powerful protector. Its shining surface can deflect almost any attack.

Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • Shots: 6
  • Damage: 230-280
  • MP Cost: 95
  • Duration: 2 seconds
  • Cooldown: 5 seconds
  • Range: 4 tiles
  • (On Use) Polished Protection: Shield envelops the user in a bright shine that reflects shots that would otherwise place the user In Combat
  • Stat Bonus: +14 DEF
  • Special properties: Shots ignore defense of targets
  • Fame Bonus: 7%
  • Feed Power: 900

Drops From:

• Marble Defender

More info

I wanted to make up a cool drop for the Marble Defender based on the idea of its defense and that fact that it’s made of marble.

Does this UT deal any damage other than reflecting attackers’ shots back to them?

I’m gonna be honest I completely forgot about damage but I’ll add it now

That seems rather broken. First do you mean all shots, so they don’t hit you? That’s effectively invulnerability for those shots, and you can time it to take out the worst shot or shots you are expecting. Just after removing invulnerability from one shield I doubt they’re going to add another, especially not if it lets you then do damage with those shots, or if it deflects them away from other players too granting them partial invulnerability.

The latter aspect sounds like a techical nightmare, as it would have to take place partly in the client, partly on the server. Unless they moved it all to the server which would be simpler but would mean it lagged your action in the client, by a noticeable fraction of a second at least.

I was keeping in mind what they did with CShield and maybe just have some shots not be affected, but now that I think about it, that’s designing around a problem. I’ll try to limit the ability to only affect a certain damage range for shots like with E.Y.E.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.