MotMG 2017 Discussion Thread (the anointed MEGATHREAD)

Probably will start in the morning, I don’t know where you live so I don’t know your time zone, but give it about 8 hours or so.

ok, thanks!

Just had this in-game about 5 minutes ago:

Edit:
Deca updated the X16 patch notes on Reddit post to include this bit in bold:

O no :cold_sweat:

Hello! It was just announced this moment:

What time does the Shatters chest event start? I’ve seen discussion about people getting 0 from the chest after clearing. Some say it’s a bug, others are saying the chest is always there when you clear, it just has to be updated for an event to drop loot…

It should be live now. If someone started a shatters when the announcement hit, they should be just about on the way to third boss now. :slightly_smiling_face: Will let you know.

Edit: yep, chest confirmed working now. :slight_smile:

Should we add a new thread to the Official Events area for this? I was thinking their events would be more social in nature with defined start and stop times like last year, but if they’re like this then I’m not sure what use a bunch of threads would be.

Added one.

Makes sense as per previous events so we can have chat specific just to that event (“what is in chest?”) etc. all together.

Also, I didn’t see a pic of Craig’s Welcome Fame Box from last week posted yet so thought I’d do a screenie before it changes (tomorrow?). 100 fame (1x per account), possible items: MG Bag/Stone Bag/Moss Bag:

And Craig’s Welcome Pack:

MotMG 2017 Updated Calendar

2nd fame box is out, “Oryx Angry Fame Box”, image from this post:

https://www.realmeye.com/forum/uploads/default/optimized/3X/0/d/0d3dc722e6f57a53d72a1bb441451371bcdf6f4e_1_281x500.png

10/10 best pack ever.

I’m hoping that Deca is planning to make the fame boxes get better and better further into MotMG. I’m not looking forward to getting more mystery stat pots I’ll tell you that.

Best used for trolling players in Oryx’s castle :wink:

Never gets old.

In my eyes, I feel that this MotMG is very underwhelming.

First, a majority of people are unable to play due to the delay, and school is starting. On top of that, there is not much incentive for someone to play realm as the rewards for the chest event(s) are not very enticing.

Also, the system of the tokens works, but the rewards do not. If you think about the shatters event, I ran about 100 shatters, and I was able to make about 8 bags in total, 7 were moss and one was stone. The only way I have gotten mad god tokens are from opening stone bags.

Grinding the Oryx Horde itself is annoying, since they only spawn in new realms. This requires you to clear a whole dungeon, or do what most are doing, and leech in nexus until a new one appears. To make this better, DECA could do multiple things:

Make the Oryx Horde and now Biff the Bunny spawn as events in the realm, replacing an event when one would spawn on a random chance.

Give more of an incentive to do Oryx Hordes by making a reskinned Ancient Stone Sword. Put moss, or even make it light blue, similar to the color of the ghost.

As for the rest of the MotMG, make the chest events have a chance of dropping the bags along side the tokens. Throw in some Feed power such as grapes or cookies. While you’re at it, throw in the old chest event skins such as rosen blade and djinja. On top of that, make summer skins of UTs with an astronomically low chance of getting. Fire crowns, fire Juggs, fire ogmurs. The winter event was a success, so why could that not translate over to MotMG, the most hyped event of the year?

Those are my suggestions at least.

Seems Deca feels somewhat regretful at doing no reskins, judging on the content of their An Update on MotMG Event Chests post.

Yes!, this one addition would have resulted in far fewer “abandoned” phase 4 Oryx Hordes scattered around the servers. Since melee players go mad for Ass, and with that dropping from the castle/guards which the Horde is themed on, it would have been an ideal fit.

I always thought that they should have done reskins of Rare Whites/Event Whites if they’re going to put them in Chests. That way, people searching for the White still get their items, and the arrogant collectors of the community won’t whine about the fact that their preserved item got a bit more common.

New fame box is out, “Fool’s Gold Fame Box”.

Thread for it is here if you want to brag etc:

Last fame box: MotMG Farewell Fame Box is out today.

Thread for chatting about it:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.