Mountain Climber Trickster

Back again! I really enjoyed making the other skin (the Tohru one that I think I posted two days ago) that I decided to go ahead and try making a new one. This one is based on the character Madeline from the game Celeste. As last time, feedback is always appreciated.

I didn’t really know what class this skin would go to, so I decided to go with trickster for now. As for the shooting animation, I went with changing the hair to blue as the character does when you use the dash mechanic in the game.

Looks really good so far

the skin definitely needs a bit more detail on it, but the shape is good, and I like the hair colour changing for the attack animation.

good skin!

Thank you!

The shape is a tad bit boring and the animations lack movement. I’m not sure if I like the fact that the hair changes to a different color on both attack frames, and the lack of eyes on movement/idle frames.

Tried working around with the hair for a bit but it didn’t feel right, went with your advice for adding in the eyes and leaving the default hair color (orange) for one of the attack frames.

I forgot to mention, my bad, that the arms don’t move while attacking or walking. I’m not sure if this is intentional or not tho.

on the top right sprite, during the attack frame, it looks like the mouth opens up 2 pixels, the pixel in the top-middle of her face should be recoloured to be a slightly darker shade of the skin colour, it looks a little off in the current sprite

It wasn’t at first but I didn’t really like how it looked so I left it as is.

Took you up on your advice and darkened the mouth a bit. How’s it look now?

looks a lot better!

The hair color changing from orange to blue is annoying. Since tricksters have massive dex, the hair will change colors every 0.25 seconds ?

hmm, didn’t think about that, I can see how that can get annoying. I’m gonna spend more time later working with the sprite to see if I can find a better way to show the attack animation.

Spent around two hours or so messing around with the sprite, such as changing the eyes to a darker purple (as the character from the game’s eyes are) , along with tampering with the hair, such as changing it to where it flows for one of the attack frames and adding in some more highlights. Not sure of how well this looks but I guess you’d be the judge of that :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.