New Class Idea (No idea for name atm)

Ok some time ago i made a post about club/mace weapon type since that time i wanted to make a class specializing in these weapons but because i had no idea what ability it could use it took a pretty big amount of time to materialize this idea.
Base Skin:

Not much to talk about tbh. Follows regular pala/warr shading pattern (generally it looks ugly but base skin is supposed to be ugly so deca can sell some thicc skins). Weapon is supposed to be mace but 8x8 is not enough to fit a better looking mace type weapon with such wide character. Also i know that it resembles name change npc a lot.

Equipment:

• Weapon:

example of T0 Club
This is where things get complicated a bit more. Basically it is supposed to work like it is described in the post hyperlinked above but unfortunately there are some big problems coming with such concept. One of them for example would be a lack of projectile as you probably already realized lack of projectile would create a problem with fame bonuses (accuracy ones and pacifist to be exact). Apart from existing issues i personally like this idea there would be a lot of space when designing uts (something like earthquake for example it would sacrifice fire rate for increase in dph and range also the splash would be centered on ur character or some spiked mace with some chance at inflicting bleeding upon hit)

• Ability:

example of T6/UT Pauldron
Not gonna lie it is heavily inspired with unreleased samurai sheath ability (the one that made you charge forward and inflict dmg to everything you passed through) it had a lot of potential in my opinion and with some adjustments would be really fun to use. In fact it’s just a rip off it is supposed to work exactly as sheath did (with some adjustments ofc). Again a lot of potential uts (for example some really heavy shoulder made of stone it would give passive boost to def (generally most pauldrons would boost def by like 5 but this one would give even more) and subtract spd it’s range would be decreased in comparison to tiered pauldrons and after successful dash you would be slowed (some sort of exhaustion) in exchange it would inflict stun (probably for a hefty amount of time) upon hitting an enemy or some sort of very light pauldron with increased dash range passive spd boost and maybe speedy upon use all this at the cost of def as it would be heavily reduced (some sort of rushing ability).

• Armor:

Well known T14 Heavy Armor as an example
It would use a heavy armor not a surprise i guess.

Stats:

Potion%20of%20Life Life: 770 Potion%20of%20Mana Mana: 252
Potion%20of%20Attack Attack: 75 Potion%20of%20Defense Defense: 30
Potion%20of%20Speed Speed: 45 Potion%20of%20Dexterity Dexterity: 45
image Vitality: 75 Potion%20of%20Wisdom Wisdom: 50
They don’t differ much from regular melee class stats.

Don’t believe that the damaging-dash would work with a incredibly short range weapon.

ehh u just assumed that maces range would be incredibly low but tbh i haven’t specified range

It’s a mace and the class wears armor. If it’s ranged and AOE, the damage is gonna be hella low.

i thought about 3-4 tiles radius for tiered ones

Move to WIP cause I don’t think its complete (no name). Here’s a couple of entirely separate question about mechanics.

Mace: How does this work…Is it a huge AOE attack with him at the center or is it a limited AOE attack centered a specific distance from himself.

If it’s number 1, how are you gonna balance that? Because of it’s AOE nature, no matter the range, the damage will have to be pretty low making it rather useless in lategame.

Pauldron: How would a dash work? Do you shoot through at high speed or is it logically equivalent to a teleport? Is the distance set or is it like a waki where it’ll fire anywhere under a certain range? What changes with tiers (damage, range, or speed)? How are you going to make it work with mace which is prob gonna be low damage?

it would crate a splash in front of your character soo a diameter of it would be maximal range (with that in mind radius of 3 is too much i would keep it at ~sword range and cus it’s aoe dps would be lowered a bit) something like this:

I think it would be pretty balanced considering u won’t be able to hit much bigger crowds than with piercing weapon anyway and to do so u would need to get really close considering it’s range would be like 3

Ehh it would work like samurai’s sheath it would be much more convenient if it worked like a waki and tier upgrades would probably change dmg and range

But as noted, in that case, the range is too small for the mace to be truly unique. It’s just a shorter range katana with a different name. The width is too low to be truly significant.

If they’re gonna use a club then you should call the class the Barbarian

ehh not really and that way every weapon is similar they just have different range and dmg

How about “Berserker”?

But warrior is the one that goes berserk

Hush…they will never know.

I would name it The Barbarian.

Its a good rough draft, tho im sure people would understand the class better if you fully listed out T0-T13 Weapons 2-3 UT Weapons as well as T0-T6 Abilities with 2-3 UT Abilities. (Since its your idea, not many people are gonna make UT’s for it, so you got to show us what the Possibilities are, considering no one understands the class better than the creator)

Oh yea and explaining the UT through a large ball of text is a bit confusing for some, just say it does AOE damage in a set amount of tiles, this could also be affected by a wis mod if its later implemented.

TL;DR
Overall, the class still needs some work with abilities and weapons, other than that good idea.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.