New Class Idea

The Occultist

Backstory.
I recently had a dream. I dreamt that I could turn the floor or whatever was under somebody into LAVA. It was pretty cool. As soon as I woke up, I thought, hey, that could be a badass rotmg class (what a nerd). So, I cobbled together a half assed idea. It got some good feedback, but mostly “This isn’t a complete idea”

So, here goes.

Description. (not in-game)
The Occultist fights with a staff. Simple enough. This affords him some range. The Occultist also fights with a Pact. This is his special ability.

The Pact
The Occultist’s special ability, the Pact, works somewhat like a huntress trap. It is an AOE attack that affects an area around the cursor. It is a mana drain ability. The higher the tier, the more damage per second. The damage rate is equal to 240 beats per minute, 3 per second for those who don’t want to do math. This is roughly equal to 20 dexterity I believe.

Here is concept art for a T6 Pact

Bloodrage Pact
Tier: 6
Damage: 225
Aoe Range: 3x3 tiles
Mana Cost: 50 per second
Effects: Pet stasis while holding spacebar
Cooldown: 5s

Here’s the deal. If you activate your Pact and you decide a second later you don’t want to use it anymore, you have to wait 5 seconds to use it again. How unfortunate.

Stats

HP
Initial: 100
Gains per lv: 15 to 25
Avg at lv 20: 525
Base stat cap: 625

MP
Initial: 100
Gains per lv:15 to 25
Avg at lv 20: 450
Base stat cap: 575

Att
Initial: 10
Gains per lv: 1 to 2
Avg at lv 20: 35
Base stat cap: 60

Def
Initial: 0
Gains per lv: 0
Avg at lv 20: 0
Base stat cap: 25

Spd
Gains per lv: 1 to 4
Avg at lv 20: 40

Dex
Gains per lv: 0 to 1
Avg at lv 20: 35

Wis
Initial: 12
Gains per lv: 2 to 4
Avg at lv 20: 40
Base stat cap: 75

Vit
Initial: 12
Gains per lv: 0 to 1
Avg at lv 20: 20
Base stat cap: 35

Wow, you may be thinking. These are some mixed up stats. Heh. They are.

Closing Details
I gave this class a higher speed, wis, and mana because I wanted it to be a glass cannon that relied on dodging and intelligent mana usage rather than normal staff attacks to get damage in.

Thanks for checking out my idea!

(I totally posted this twice. Maybe on purpose. Nobody looked at my Google Docs one :^( whoops)

UT Spell - Bloodrage

…wait a minute I’ve seen this before!

please don’t re-post the same stuff, and even then 8 days isn’t that long in terms of whether or not it needs bumping.

@moderators can you merge this thread with his other one?: Occultist Class Concept

OR @moderators could you close the other one and keep this one? I wanted some feedback and didn’t get it, my guess is it was the Google Doc link that turned them off

A post was merged into an existing topic: Occultist Class Concept