(New Quiver) Kraken's Maw

KRAKEN’S MAW

image image

Crafted by Thessal as a gift to her beloved, this quiver has ink-tipped arrows taken from the squids inhabiting the trench, can easily blind enemies exposed to it.

STATS:

Tier UT
MP Cost 85
On Equip +2 SPD, +2 DEX
Damage 320-350
Range 15 tiles
Projectile Speed 15 tile(s)/second
Effect(s) Black X Blind for 1.5 seconds
Passes cover Shots passes through obstacles
XP Bonus 7%
Soulbound image
Feed Power 400

Drops From:

More info:

This is more of a follow up to my previous idea ('Enchanted Powder Jelly Donut Trap). A blinded enemy would have behaviors similar to that when it does not detect any enemies. I imagine a good number of bosses would be immune to this many phases but having this being an option to some situations (ideally situations where enemies would ‘jump’ the player), it may introduce more utility to the archer and make them a more valuable asset to a variety of dungeons.

Let me know what you think of the ability in the comments or what you think about the idea in the poll! I’m generally open to suggestions and thoughts to edit this idea so about this so feel free to comment what you think about it!

[details=“Edit History”]

• Buffed mana cost

What do you think about the idea?

• The idea is great!
  • The idea is good.
  • The idea is okay.
  • The idea is bad.

0 voters

Seems quite underpowered, basically a stun unless the stronger enemies ( early game enemies aren’t even that tough ) aren’t immune to it

I mainly designed this as a sort of ‘anti-dash’ for enemies or occasions where enemies would gain a large amount of speed and target the nearest player. It could be useful for jade statues, ice spheres, murderous megamoth, as well as a few other enemies and bosses which may not be paralyzed.

I guess, it could make a bunch of things much easier for the archer to deal with maybe? Thinking about it a bit more now there’s a lot of balancing that could be done for this item, so thanks for this input!

Essentially a group cloak, yeah? (For a specific enemy’s behavior). That would be sweet.

Tomb bosses as well. Easy rages. Big bees in nest, crus, most of fungal clearing. Definitely would have to make O3 immune since rogue is one of the easiest solo classes for him :sweat_smile:.
Also low-key wonder is this could be used for pvp since some enemies shoot omnidirectional shotguns when invisible nearby (eg. Oryx room)

Yup pretty much! I’m pretty sure many people can agree getting jumped by enemies is annoying to say the least so this could streamline those kinds of behaviors and provide more viability to archer in different dungeons. I can’t believe I completely forgot about fungal but yeah! Although as you brought it up it might be best to keep this quiver immune for things like O3 or instances where the player can get ‘trolled’ by blinding an enemy during a specific phase.

Where exactly would this be useful? 105 MP for a quiver? Void quiver is ten times more useful and costs 25 MP less. I guess I could see this working in Lost Halls.

Hmm, overestimated the mana for archer looking it up now, might buff it to 85 instead of 105, otherwise the previous discussion here somewhat shows the different areas it could be useful I suppose. Thanks for pointing this out!

Yeah other than the mana I can see this working in on O3 minions and Nest. Not a half bad idea.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.