New Stat Ideas, Fortitude and Soulbound

So, you reach level twenty, and start farming for stat pots. Pretty soon, you’ve maxed all eight, mana, life, defense, attack, dexterity, speed, wisdom, and vitality. But what if there were more then eight stats? I’m pretty sure that we’ve all toyed with that thought, but I decided to post it, so without further ado-

The Fortitude Stat

Fortitude%20Stat-1

Alright, so this is the first stat. It would be highest on classes such as the priest and knight. So what does this stat do? Well im glad you asked. So, the higher your fortitude, the more likely it is that you don’t get a debuff. If you get hit by a silencing shot, you have a chance to not get silenced and only take that damage. Now on a priest and a knight, Id imagine that when maxed it would only give it like a 50% chance as to not make it too overpowered. It could drop from crystal caverns and maybe the void. It would probably have a better sprite, but sense I made it, this is what we get for now.

The Soulbound stat

Soulbound%20Stat-1

Yeah, I know, you all groaned when you read the name. But it works a bit differently then all the others. Sort of. All right, well to be honest this was something me and my friend made up and spent a bit of time on it, but not too much time. I don’t think it will ever be in the game in any way shape of form, but here we go. So yeah, the higher the stat, the better loot you get. Maybe not like, increases chances of a white bag, but like a level tier potion, but instead of increasing the tier level, increases the rarity of the loot again. So for example, It might increase the chance for me to get three life and a Armor of Nil, instead of a life, a mana, and a Wyrm Hyde. Now I know what your saying right now, assuming that your speaking English, if not, then I know what you mean, not what your saying through, “But Gotgot, if it effects the rarity of stat pots being dropped, wont that just make it so that it is easier and easier to get as time goes along?” Well that’s where your wrong people who may or may not ever read this topic! See, here’s the catch, the more soulbound pots your drink, the less they drop for you. So in order to max the stat, you either have to use another character, who will then have less chance of getting the other loot, or you collect it all, then max in one huge pot chug. I mean, you could technically get them all on one character while drinking them, but that’s going to be very hard. With maxed soulbound, something that is guarantied to drop a soulbound pot would drop it maybe 1/50 times.

So yeah, there are my two stats. I know the sprites are pretty bad for these ones, but its what I’ve got. I’m pretty certain no new stats are ever going to happen, but you know, its fun to think of.

I would like to have the fortitude stat potion as another color. There’s too much resemblence to attack; it looks like you took a darker version of attack and made it as a fortitude potion.

Soulbound completely ruins the fun of doing multiple of one dungeons to get loot. We already have loot potions, and those are already very helpful. It would just make the game way too easy, in my opinion.

Please take these into consideration, and with some tweaking, I think this could be a very good concept.

I don’t mind the first concept, could use some colour tweaking. The second one wouldn’t work though.

Both have no chance of making it into the game. The first would just throw off the balance of large swathes of the game. Anyway Deca are already looking at this, in a far more considered and holistic way, using vitality but in a more balanced way.

The latter I am sure won’t happen. For one I think it’s been said before that they will never add anything like it – luck boosts on items I think was the ask. Anything like that just throws off the balance of drops, as you note. Your “catch” to mitigate it I simply don’t understand as it’s so poorly explained, but I doubt anything could balance an always-on loot boost.

Fortitude - imaghine 50% to confuse, just no

Soulbound - weird, could be changed to alternative loot boost consumable

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Gotgot's Super-Duper-Sprite-Pile