Ninja is kinda bad, so let's fix it

(This is coming from someone who started the game not that long ago, so please bear with me)
Before anything, this is my rework:
Base Stats:
Speed Increased from 60 to 75
WHY: To make him more slippery and make his speedy more effective

Katana:

BEFORE:
Damage Multiplier if Weak = 0.5
Damage Multiplier normal = 0.5 + ATT / 50
Damage Multiplier with Damaging = Normal * 1.5
(you multiply the damage multiplier by the weapon damage
range)

AFTER:
No longer pierces
Damage Multiplier if Weak = 0.5
Damage Multiplier normal = 0.5 + ATT + (DEX / 2) / 50
Damage Multiplier with Damaging = Normal * 1.5
WHY: To do increased single target damage, sacrificing multiple hits in one attack.

(all) Shurikens:

NEW ACTIVE: Damage Addition: SPD * 2
NEW ACTIVE: Now Pierces
(SPD is maximum speed reached while you were speedy)
WHY: The shuriken felt underwhelming damage-wise, and I think it piercing is something we’ve been wanting, despite not being realistic

NEW PASSIVE: While speedy you can’t be slowed.
WHY: better rushing/overall mobility
NEW PASSIVE: Your accessory’s effect is increased by 1.5.
WHY: This can be used defensively, so you can get more defense if you run something like C-Silk, or you can use it aggressively, and leave defenses for the armor.

WHY EVEN REWORK: The Ninja is inferior to the Warrior in almost every way, damage-wise, utility wise, defense, etc. I made a chart showing how they compare.

(Black is Ninja; Green is Warrior; Dotted Black is my rework on the ninja, and red is a berserk warrior)

Stats used in the graph:
Ninja: 75 ATK + 80 DEX
8.39 APS
315 Damage per shot
2642.85 DPS

Warrior: 50 Dex, 75 Atk,
494 Damage per shot
5.8 APS
(8.7 with berserk)

New (1.2) Ninja
441 Damage per Shot
8.39 APS
3700 DPS

Equations Used:

Ninja (8.39 * [315-0])x

Warrior (5.8*[494-0])x

New Ninja (8.39*[441-0])x

Berserk Warrior (8.7*[494-0])x

(a*[b-c])x

a=Attacks per second b=Average damage per shot c= enemy defense

(Please tell me how I can improve this!)

How to re-work ninja properly

Too OP. Also, use pfiffel’s dps calculator when finding dps.

Ninja has one of the highest dps in game and can pierce, how is it bad.

It has to be rather squishy to balance it right? or how broken would ninja be.

Not to mention, ninja already has the highest weighted stats of any class, how on earth is it a bad class, ninja is great.

pfiffel doesn’t work for me, i think it has something to do with flash.
What should I change? Should I make shurikens not pierce? Rework the bonus damage on the multiplier? I have no clue tbh

I don’t think the ninja is bad. I think it just gets overshadowed by the warrior, similar to the way the Huntress gets overshadowed by the archer.

Ok Huntress is better than archer for me lol, cause ctrap is so easy to hit. Ofc some people like the extra stats and dmg but I don’t.

Not to mention that warrior base offensive stats are generally lower than ninjas and it cant pierce.
And the shuriken speedy boost is the fastest speed in the game, im pretty sure.
Warrior was designed to be tankier.

ninja is fine. It’s his piercing and range that make him better than the warrior. Why would it do more damage than warrior if it has more range and pierces? it has less def because more range (especially on the star) helps the ninja. Ninja is fine, but it isn’t for everyone’s playstyle

Ninja is one of my favorite classes. He has pretty high power at both short and long ranges, and on top of that has great crowd-control, in many instances far out-playing warriors and the like.

Some who says a class is bad just means that they aren’t good with that class. :100: :ok_hand:

ok,ok,ok,okokokok
First of all, a lot of classes are overshadowed by the warrior. it has high dps and high speed, similar to the ninja
yet, the ninja has a shuriken for massive damage and has a safer range than the warrior
tbh, i think the problem should be solved not by reworking ninja, but making the warrior more of a glass cannon to have two glass cannons, one with a lower safety and speed but crazy high dps, while the ninja should be slightly safer with ahigher range and more speedy with the sacrifice of a bit of dps

Jokes on you I suck at every class

Noobs pick warrior because they suck at the game. Ninja outshines warrior but is slightly harder to use. :sunglasses:

No “you’re a shitty noob if you like doing a fuck ton of damage while moving fast with tons of def.”

LOL WTF… No

1. I would make it so that the ninja would have less DPS, but more practicality.
    Good on chests, but is that really a good thing? (SKALDJOASLKJDL Knight)

I would make katana shots look like the salju’s. My ray katana looks like its sending out long rice krispy treats.

Did you really use desmos

No, I was pretty good with mystic, but I still think its a bad class because 1. Trolling potential and 2. annoying sometimes when you just want either or both weaken/beserk. I was trying to beserk myself and weaken the boss in a candyland, and I kept on stasising the boss. (I usually do well in beserking and weakening the boss with a tiered orb) Apologies were given.

Ninja does not need a buff. I know this because he’s my favorite class to play, and I will use the shit out of him whenever I can due to his massive DPS and exceptional Speed.

How is he bad when:

• He has 70 Attack and 70 Dexterity, wears Leather that naturally increases Dexterity, and has an ability that does enormous damage with extreme range, capable of killing bosses like Dr. Terrible without even activating them
  • He literally has the 2nd highest Offensive stats, tied with Trickster
  • Spectral and Crown give him 79 Attack and 79 Dexterity
  • He has the highest damage-per-shot weapon in the game exclusively to his class
  • He has an ability that costs 90 MP and paralyzes enemies for longer than all abilities that paralyze

Please tell me how Ninja is bad.

I just also want to note that adding more speed to ninja would not make it better IMO. Speedy ninja can already be a bit hard to control, and with even more speed (and no corresponding decrease in squishiness) I think that the speedy bonus of shuriken would just be insane.
Now, a speedier ninja with a bunch more def might be better, because there’s less risk if you run face first into an enemy. But that might be a bit too much.

Ninja is already good imo, as long as you have the right gear you shouldn’t have a problem.

also this;

NO. The Kageboshi is a thing for a reason, plus the damage on normal stars is good enough already, they don’t need to do tons of damage AND pierce, that would be entirely OP.

Ninja is completely balanced and the 75 SPD is just plain dumb considering ninja is already the fastest class in the game. Also looking at the piercing shurikens, non piercing katana, the immunity to slow and more shuriken damage just tells that you are bad with ninja and missing the point.